Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#823875 - 02/19/13 03:13 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: redhook
im gonna do a new car.. and i dont feel like spending a sh!t ton right out of the gate for a stock car, that i add things too (spoilers, lowering kit, wide tires, LED lights, bad ass stereo taken from the tweaker camp next door...

so heres what im thinkin

have my dads Taurus, which was basically the Model SHO in the 80's, aka the "poor mans Pontiac Fiero"... im thinking about tearing her down and re doing it, the engine is shot to sh!t, but the rest of it is fine and looks great... so im thinking just grab a 3.4L SHO V8 they are relatively cheap, and it makes it a bit heavier than the 3,200 pounds it is, and a spoiler...

on ebay, there is a ton of engines that are new take off engines for sale... good prices too... i could go that route...

but im more interesting than that, as you know... I'm the most interesting man on PP and in the world!

can i swap the engines? its a V6 right now, and i do not want to go below that horsepower... if i buy a Porche, or Ferrari engine, can i get it done with that mount from the V6, or is it not long enough?

a V12 Hemi would be another option if i could find an engine (might have to sell some of my Picaso's to Stam), so will a Hemi fit and work in a V6 frame?

#823878 - 02/19/13 03:22 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: The Moderator]
redhook
Unregistered

rofl creative...

i think this is the stock im going to get with that barrel:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001V2C...rd_i=B008MB2XN6

another one would be the wood Boyd's stocks i was looking at last night...

#823879 - 02/19/13 03:24 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Typo in your URL.

Try this:

http://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-stocks-ultralight.php

Best thing I ever did to my Grandpappy's trusty ol' Remmy 700 7mm-Mag...that and add on the Talley's and the Loopy FX6x42 with the BigStick approved M1 elevation turret.

The barrel beat to crap and rusted/pitted on the outside. Looks like crap. Took it to local smith who looked at the INSIDE of the barrel and said she was good to go. Had him do a trigger job on it...and left it alone minus the new McMillan.

(The BLUE tape has since been replaced by RED tape...so no need to lose any sleep over that)

#823882 - 02/19/13 03:31 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: The Moderator]
redhook
Unregistered

yeah i messed up anyways, its a BDL stock and BDLs have either detachable magazines or hinged floor plates, the ADL's are internals...

McMillan is a huge one, even the military uses them... but they get really expensive... i dont know what guns i was just looking at but the stocks were 350-500 bucks... little high in price for this, but always a thought...

heres the Boyd's:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/335801/...d-brown-drop-in

the problem i have tho with wood thumbhole stocks, is i dont care for some of the pistol grips that people create out of them, either they are funky shaped, or too small, or this, or that... but that is a cheap stock, looks nice, so i may just get it just because, i can always sell it to a friend down the road...

this was the main one i was looking at last night, and most likely will be the one that i will be getting... i like the style of it, and the grip looks to be nice... ill have to go hold one of similar dimensions at the Marksman or something to see if my hand feels the same as my eyes do

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/415683/...composite-black

#823894 - 02/19/13 04:13 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: The Moderator]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Originally Posted By: parker

(The BLUE tape has since been replaced by RED tape...so no need to lose any sleep over that)

I was concerned when I first gawked the picture until I read this!!!

#823896 - 02/19/13 04:19 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Timber]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
Originally Posted By: Timber
so will Wildcat cartridges fit and work in a 06 sized action?

Wow.... just fuckin wow.....

RH needs to slow down before he turns his dad's rifle into a pile of shidt.

#823901 - 02/19/13 04:36 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: SundayMoney]
redhook
Unregistered

your right SM, i was getting ahead of myself...

i will be getting that Shilen barrel from Brownells in the 30-06 cal, that Choate target stock from Midway, a Timney trigger, and be done with it for now... i do like the Millett with the iluminated reticle, but its another 550 bucks on top of the 550 that will be spent on the other parts... id be better off just buying another gun with that kind of money...

i have been thinking about just getting a stock 700 Varmint barrel as well... then, ive also thought about just getting the same barrel that came on it and not messing with it at all and use it for hunting at short to medium range... and just starting from scratch...

there are a ton of cool guns around to start from if i decide to scrap this idea, Savage, Remington, Ruger, ive owned all three and each one shot great (Savage Model 10 .308, Remington 700 7mm Rem Mag, Ruger M77 MKii .338 Win Mag), i know the weapons well, and they arent "that" expensive if you buy a nice used one...

i still would like to get that Shilen tho, they are world renowned for accuracy, and that price is a great price for a barrel like that... from Shilen themselves, a barrel like that would be in the 400 dollar range probably...

either way, im still wanting to get this done in a timely manner... so i will have to add up the prices and see what route would be better to go, take my dads, or start over... with my dads (it is just a gun after all), i already have the gun, so no need to spend 600 bucks out of the gate on a new one...

any of you guys doing anything cool?

#823928 - 02/19/13 06:48 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: The Moderator]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: parker
im gonna do a new car.. and i dont feel like spending a sh!t ton right out of the gate for a stock car, that i add things too (spoilers, lowering kit, wide tires, LED lights, bad ass stereo taken from the tweaker camp next door...

so heres what im thinkin

have my dads Taurus, which was basically the Model SHO in the 80's, aka the "poor mans Pontiac Fiero"... im thinking about tearing her down and re doing it, the engine is shot to sh!t, but the rest of it is fine and looks great... so im thinking just grab a 3.4L SHO V8 they are relatively cheap, and it makes it a bit heavier than the 3,200 pounds it is, and a spoiler...

on ebay, there is a ton of engines that are new take off engines for sale... good prices too... i could go that route...

but im more interesting than that, as you know... I'm the most interesting man on PP and in the world!

can i swap the engines? its a V6 right now, and i do not want to go below that horsepower... if i buy a Porche, or Ferrari engine, can i get it done with that mount from the V6, or is it not long enough?

a V12 Hemi would be another option if i could find an engine (might have to sell some of my Picaso's to Stam), so will a Hemi fit and work in a V6 frame?

^This just really deserved some additional acknowledgement.

Well done!

#823933 - 02/19/13 07:13 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA

Waiting on an AR upper receiver so that I can start another 6.8 AR-15 build. Barrel is in hand, as is the quick detach suppressor mount. The lower is already built. Just need my upper parts list to arrive. The only thing I may be missing is a Delta ring, but I think I have that figured out.

I'll do a little pic by pic tutorial. Good project for me and the boys.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#823943 - 02/19/13 07:45 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Dogfish]
Piper
Unregistered

nice work Parker wink

Redhook,
if its all about target practice... 100 bucks will get you a nice 900-1000 fps pellet rifle. Add a scope and you can shoot the flies off of the ceiling in the doublewide without fear of being arrested for illegal firearms discharge...

#823944 - 02/19/13 07:49 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Dogfish]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Dogfish

Waiting on an AR upper receiver so that I can start another 6.8 AR-15 build. Barrel is in hand, as is the quick detach suppressor mount. The lower is already built. Just need my upper parts list to arrive. The only thing I may be missing is a Delta ring, but I think I have that figured out.

I'll do a little pic by pic tutorial. Good project for me and the boys.

I'm waiting on (2 ea) 8-36 x 1/8" set screws that I couldn't source anywhere in the Portland area.
8-32 all day long, but no 8-36.
Then I will have a 20" 6.8 AR-P rifle.
Latest and greatest 6.8 chamber called 6.8 AR-P, 5R rifling, 11.25 twist and Melonited.
ACT trigger with JP yellow/red spring kit.

Should be able to light it up in about a week.

Finally found some of those Lancer translucent mags (5.56)
458 guys seem to like these for those fat boys, as well.
They're waiting at the UPS hub.

#823946 - 02/19/13 07:51 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

i already have 2 pellet rifles, just shot one of them as a matter of fact... one is 1100 FPS roughly, and the other is 8-900 or so probably more to the low end, havent chronoed them...

matter of fact, i think im gonna strip the lower one down and paint the stock blue... right now as a matter of fact!!

#823947 - 02/19/13 07:56 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

paint the stock blue...

You have a paper bag big enough to hold the stock? wink

#823949 - 02/19/13 07:59 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

just stripped it down...

why not do pictures with this as well... gay, but fun i suppose...

#823963 - 02/19/13 08:35 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

originally it was baby doo doo brown, so i painted it black... but i smacked it a couple times and it chipped..

decided on the Red paint this round...

#823970 - 02/19/13 08:59 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
originally it was baby doo doo brown, so i painted it black... but i smacked it a couple times and it chipped..

decided on the Red paint this round...

Might want to wait 'til Stam gets back.
He can show you how to trick that thing out with an Orange County Chopper type paint job.

#823974 - 02/19/13 09:18 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Direct-Drive]
redhook
Unregistered

yea i screwed up... it was coming out great, but started to bubble the black paint near the grip, so its screwed... could be due to using 2 different kinds of paint DUH!!!...

ill have to strip it down to the wood tomorrow and start over... no biggie, i got some 400 grit around here somwhere...

#823979 - 02/19/13 09:27 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

yea i screwed up... it was coming out great, but started to bubble the black paint near the grip, so its screwed... could be due to using 2 different kinds of paint DUH!!!...

are sure you didn't just sneeze while you had your face in the paper bag?

#824001 - 02/19/13 10:23 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Stick with meth. wink

- Albert Einstein.

#824016 - 02/19/13 11:05 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Use some Chemical stripper or something similar. Screw the sanding. Get it down to bare wood, then do a simple stain and then a solid clear coat finish.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish Lady, onthefly, overkill45
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 321 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |