Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#824019 - 02/19/13 11:14 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Dogfish]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Chemical and stripper in the same sentence.

#824026 - 02/19/13 11:25 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Dogfish]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Use some Chemical stripper or something similar. Screw the sanding. Get it down to bare wood, then do a simple stain and then a solid clear coat finish.

+1

Not too sure why I'm replying, as RH as it all figured out and doesn't take good advice when it's shown to him in big old fat pictures.

But, just in case.....

Buy the sealer and the finish. Follow these instructions:

http://laurelmountainforge.com/instructions.htm

The result will be something like this:

(Shoes not included)

#824040 - 02/19/13 11:42 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: The Moderator]
redhook
Unregistered

man you guys are killin me here...

Parker, i listen to everything everyone says to me on here.. i dont know why you guys keep thinking i dont....

my initial thought was to use stripper, but i dont/didnt know what it would do to the wood... this is a air rifle stock, they didnt use Mahogany for it wink .... matter of fact, it may even be Pine... i dont need it to look as sexy as that M 1, so i figured id just paint it again... when i did it black, it looked great, and lasted a couple years without any clear coat on it.... that was just your standard semi gloss Walmart rattle can paint... i have this paint i was using on spoons that i kinda liked, and thought i would shoot it... well, that wasnt cheap paint, it was like 8 bucks for the half a can... i think its the 2 different paints that caused it, one high grade auto paint, the other low grade garbage paint....

the stock doesnt even have any grainage in it, so staining it would be kinda pointless... (trust me, i would have done that instead of painted it if it were applicable)...

painting was just the easiest route, and decent looking, actually good looking...

#824043 - 02/19/13 11:53 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Two experienced guys vote for stripper/stain vs one guy asking for advice...paint gets the nod. (while he listens intently to everything) Priceless.

#824067 - 02/20/13 02:02 AM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

put up some pics Redd... my M77 was NICE... i actually traded a Bushmaster AR for a M77 MK II SS .338 with this weird greenish ashwood (i think it was) stock... the grain and detail of it were crazy... i should have kept that gun... it was painfull to shoot more than 10 rounds out of it tho... the 275 grainers aint no joke...

#824091 - 02/20/13 11:16 AM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
Originally Posted By: redhook
i listen to everything everyone says to me on here.. i dont know why you guys keep thinking i dont....

I liken situations like this to a rainy day. Of course you can hear through the hood of your rain jacket but your hair stays dry. I think what most of us observe here is that you are sprayed with a fire hose of experience and science but you keep your rain gear on. It seems the return is misconceived contradictions and flakey ideas that change by the post. Maybe take the hood off and let your hair get wet.

j7 2012

#824103 - 02/20/13 12:23 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: j 7]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: j 7
i listen to everything everyone says to me on here.. i dont know why you guys keep thinking i dont....

I liken situations like this to a rainy day. Of course you can hear through the hood of your rain jacket but your hair stays dry. I think what most of us observe here is that you are sprayed with a fire hose of experience and science but you keep your rain gear on. It seems the return is misconceived contradictions and flakey ideas that change by the post. Maybe take the hood off and let your hair get wet.

Most have dreams and ideas. Attainable, possibly attainable and unobtainable.
RH just does all this dreaming out loud and in public.

#824116 - 02/20/13 01:55 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Direct-Drive]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Redhook's brain operates like a random number generator. Anything that comes out of it making sense is purely coincidental. Cheap entertainment though.

#824601 - 02/22/13 03:58 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: RowVsWade]
goodjob Offline
goodbye goodjob

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
Originally Posted By: Black Bart
Oh Yeah. I'm out here Red Hook. But it would just be so wrong for me to take on any custom rifle work now that my Federal and State business and firearms licenses are no longer current.

My advice, get yourself a wrist rocket and some silly putty and have at 'em sonny boy.

rofl

If I were in that dudes slippers I'd continue chasing photography......

.....slippers!!! Haha! That was good. I bet RH owns a pretty comfy pair..or two? One when he has to take the garbage out/restock Mt. Dew and another pair for playing on 'puter, xbox, etc.

Edited by goodjob (02/22/13 03:59 PM)

#824604 - 02/22/13 04:02 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: goodjob]
goodjob Offline
goodbye goodjob

RH sells his grandmas oxycontin and they are worth quite a bit I have been told....Prolly has the money.

#824607 - 02/22/13 04:07 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
goodjob Offline
goodbye goodjob

Maybe, just maybe, if we are really, really super lucky.......

The gun is for putting in his mouth and he wants to go out in style?!

#824608 - 02/22/13 04:08 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: goodjob]
redhook
Unregistered

shes dead ybd... both of em are, one died from cancer 4 years ago and the other died from Alzhiemers 2 years ago...

thanks for the kind words.... this will be the last time i respond to your garbage, go mess with someone else... im serious...

to the rest,

im ordering the stock first, making sure everything fits right in it since it has an aluminum bedding block, and getting the barrel next... im going to look on ebay too for a McMillan stock as Parker suggested, because i have shot them and they are extremely nice stocks... i do like the ones that i linked up, but this gun kicks as it is, i dont think getting a super light stock would do anything to stop that... so im going to look along more traditional styles than some cool looking "sniper stock".... i can use the Marlin 30-30 to hunt with, and use this as a target gun...

#824610 - 02/22/13 04:16 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
goodjob Offline
goodbye goodjob

He'th tho therioth!!!!!

#824612 - 02/22/13 04:18 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: goodjob]
goodjob Offline
goodbye goodjob

Or you could just buy a used custom rifle unstead of fuking up your dad's gun?!

Hand me down rifles from you past on kin aren't fo modifying.

#824615 - 02/22/13 04:25 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: goodjob]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: goodjob
Or you could just buy a used custom rifle unstead of fuking up your dad's gun?!

Hand me down rifles from you past on kin aren't fo modifying.

One of the best posts in this thread.
Prolly won't penetrate though....it'll just roll off.

#824621 - 02/22/13 04:35 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Direct-Drive]
redhook
Unregistered

DD, heres some info about this situation

that rifle has probably in the area of 10,000 rounds through it, during my younger days... we would shoot 1-200 rounds out of it each time we took it out, and that was usually every weekend or day possible...

it will not hold groups, at all, whatsoever... you will put all 5 rounds on target, but could cover it up with a basketball... and before you say its me, 2 other people have shot it during the last outing, and both got the same results...

my brother took it in to Bear Arms, and they said the barrel is shot...

fine... no problem...

when i had my .338 my dad wanted it really bad... he even offered me 200 bucks PLUS this rifle... so he must have really cared about it a ton....

the 870 Wingmasters will never be touched... they will remain in their nice beautiful wooden glory... no short barrels, no pistol grips, just the sexy wood and 28 inchers that already are on it...

the 06, as of right now, it cant even be shot... well it can, if you want to just waste money on nothing... i dont... i want to shoot this thing again, and i want it to shoot like it should...

and im going to make it do that, regardless if people want to make fun of me about it or not...

i also know for certian my dad would be pretty excited and impressed with what im about to do to it... you might be too... just buying the stock and barrel now as i said, i will borrow one of Katies dads Zeiss high zoomage scopes he uses for Benchrest Comps to see what kind of power scope i need/want... then ill start thinking about buying one of my own...

#824635 - 02/22/13 05:20 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

i want to shoot this thing again, and i want it to shoot like it should...

your pentax DSLR is saying the same thing...

the Sun is starting to peek out here in seattle, and that means just one thing...
might be a nice moon again tonight beer

#824642 - 02/22/13 05:26 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
goodjob Offline
goodbye goodjob

I was a lot like redhook 20 years ago, I gotta say.

I'm 29 now.

#824661 - 02/22/13 06:21 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Piper

the Sun is starting to peek out here in seattle, and that means just one thing...
might be a nice moon again tonight beer

Chortle.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#824664 - 02/22/13 06:28 PM Re: lets talk building... [Re: Dogfish]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

On the cover the moon stuff is pretty funny.
Could be he's mooning us though ......nah.

crazy

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish Lady, onthefly, overkill45
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 987 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |