LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#82348 - 07/31/99 07:49 PM Nisqually Kings???
Anonymous
Unregistered

So far all i have heard about the big N is look out for the Kings this year....what do u guys think. what is a good rig to catch kings on if i was fishin from the bank....eggs,corkers, blue fox spiners....etc

#82349 - 08/01/99 12:54 PM Re: Nisqually Kings???
Fishlips Offline
Parr

Loc: Issaquah, WA
I've had great success float fishing roe for these kings.

#82350 - 08/01/99 12:55 PM Re: Nisqually Kings???
Fishlips Offline
Parr

I've had great success float fishing roe for these kings.

#82351 - 08/01/99 09:24 PM Re: Nisqually Kings???
Fishskis Offline
Fry

Loc: seattle wa king
I have a friend who has been using plugs.He is just casting them in to the deep pools hope this help you. Sharp Hooks!

#82352 - 08/02/99 10:55 AM Re: Nisqually Kings???
salmon Offline
Fry

Loc: Rainier, WA
Catch my post on Rivber Kings? Have had great luck with corkies and yarn; an old standby. Drift bobber with roe in the holes has been successful. then I always bring my spinning outfit and cast brass spoons. Have a homemade Spoon??? that has also proven to work. Won't discuss what it is here but if you see the SalmonMan on the bank and ask you will be shown! Hint: Easy to make, chrome metal and action like a wounded minnow and it works.

#82353 - 08/12/99 05:25 AM Re: Nisqually Kings???
Fishnwruss Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Fished my home river for the past two days with no luck. The river has been out since last Sunday, possibly a slide up-stream. Some fish moving through as high tide moved in tonight. Should pick up within a week or so and as the visibility increases from the present 6" to normal. Haven't seen any fish caught since the river went out.

[This message has been edited by Fishnwruss (edited 08-12-99).]

#82354 - 08/22/99 12:53 AM Re: Nisqually Kings???
Fishnwruss Offline
Eyed Egg

Visited the river this evening. Low tide and saw a couple Kings roll. The river is still chalk color and will probably stay this way all season (like last year). The Kings are stacked heavey at the mouth of the river. Few have started the final trip. Trollers are limiting out within 2 hours using Dodgers with Blue Hoochies. This is the only color that is working. Moochers are catching only a couple while the trollers are doing very good. Going on vacation for eight days so won't be able to post an update on the run, but it should kick in any day. Good Luck to all, this is a tough river to fish!

#82355 - 08/30/99 09:54 PM Re: Nisqually Kings???
Fishnwruss Offline
Eyed Egg

Kings are starting to run harder, but not ready for the prime yet. Lots of fishermen (too many) near the Nisqually River bridge (near Fort Lewis). I fish down stream and find alot more elbow room. Corkies with Chartreuse yarn is the ticket. Doesn't seam to matter what color the corkie, but 3 - 4 " leader with standard setup. One fisherman was doing real well using this combo. I'm out of this color but not for long! Will hit it the river tomarrow at low tide. Last time since bow season starts Wed for Elk. Can't wait!!!

#82356 - 08/31/99 10:30 AM Re: Nisqually Kings???
salmon Offline
Fry

Loc: Rainier, WA
Hey, Fishnwruss, I have to agree with you on the crowds that occur at the Mounts Road bridge. This retired sailer has been fishing here since '93 and I have seen the crowds grow each year. I have, however, found several areas, like yourself, where there is more elbow room; either a long walk is required and/or waders are a must! Have been watching the river closely after work each day and have been able to pull a 16# big boy out on the 19th. So far their still sharply milling about at the mouth. the same is true for McCalister Creek. Seen just a few rolling there at low tide last Saturday. Oh, got the 16#er on chartrouse yarn and a yellow corkie (soaked the yarn in shrimp paste). May see you on the river. Usually fish on Thur and Fri only (full time school at Stone Ed Ctr at night). Tight Lines.

------------------
<{--(--{

#82357 - 09/04/99 07:51 PM Re: Nisqually Kings???
Fishnwruss Offline
Eyed Egg

The trollers have slowed down to a trickel. More fish have entered the river, but it looks like there are more fishermen than fish, especially the ones being caught. "Ya gota work for these fish." Reports from the on-post hatchery is good, record fish being netted. Alot more than in previous years, especially this early in the season.

I'm looking for a different river with better clearity (after my archery Elk hunt).

#82358 - 09/05/99 03:06 PM Re: Nisqually Kings???
Fishlips Offline
Parr

I stopped by Mounts Road Bridge early last week. In a couple hours time I saw 10 or so kings brought to the bank. Interesting fishing technique being used. Long leaders and corkies, and hair trigger hook sets. Although I'm sure some of those who caught fish didn't realize what they were doing, it was obvious that the fish being hooked were not actually hitting but were running into the lines, and being snagged on the nose or on the outside edge of the mouth (i.e., they were being lined). Anyone who believes those kings are hitting plain corkies and yarn fished on long leaders with only a few inches of water visibility is kidding himself.

#82359 - 09/06/99 11:46 AM Re: Nisqually Kings???
Randy Fischer Offline
Alevin

Loc: Tacoma Wa
Went out saturday, and tryed everything, the old standby , kiwkfish , eggs, spinners , but had a 15 pound hen hit a lightning shad. They are dark and look like a sculpin..Tight lines.
Randy

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |