Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
. Stuck on stupid I say.

"technically" not true... his stupid goes to 11

beer

#824992 - 02/23/13 09:21 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

Someone must be doing their homework here...

Who cares? Legal or not I have zero interest and while many may not care it stil isn't a socially accepted practice. I don't have much respect or time for stoners.

Good for the State to capitalize on the idiots though.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#824997 - 02/23/13 09:33 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

its not socially acceptable because of what your own government imbedded into your head for a long long time....

but its socially acceptable to go into a bar, get sh!tty, and take a cab home
because you cant drive or walk straight....

some people will really benefit from 502 being passed, they can smoke it, and see that the government was full of sh!t the whole time... and that it really isnt as bad as they have been telling you... surely not as bad as the other Sched 1 drugs its placed with...

#825000 - 02/23/13 09:44 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Hankster
IMHO, it's not a bad thing that WA made it legal; they shouldn't have put the cart before the horse though. All of the particulars should have been in place, taxes figured out, places to sell it permitted and licensed. No confusion.

Now you have it in the hands of the legislature and they'll be arguing over how much the tax will be and where the revenue will go. You'll be lucky to have it figured out completely by the time it's supposed to be figured out.

No kidding, talk about bass akwards.

- Albert Einstein.

#825002 - 02/23/13 10:05 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: Sol Duc]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

Abu, RH...

Not picking a fight fellas. I had my foggy days back in high school and decided it is a waste of time and hard on your body.

I just choose not to be around it.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#825003 - 02/23/13 10:09 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: JTD]
redhook
Unregistered

wasnt saying anything bad JT... nothing wrong with your decision either...

i was just saying just because you smoke weed, doesnt make you a bad person... they government has hammered it into peoples heads for centuries... it really actually does help people, and they should be focusing on that, vs hurting people because of it... they could possibly be saving lives, vs ruining them..

atleast you know a guy all hopped up on Purple Berry Kush wont be the dude stealing your boat motor in the middle of the night wink

#825005 - 02/23/13 10:18 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I remember my Sisters BF would get these killer 1/2 oz Tai sticks...mmmmm the smell was wonderful. These suckers were the size of cigars....the good ol' days. thumbs

Edited by Sol Duc (02/23/13 10:27 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#825007 - 02/23/13 10:24 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Hank posted: "Now you have it in the hands of the legislature and they'll be arguing over how much the tax will be and where the revenue will go."

Not correct Hank. Nothing about this has been in the hands of the Legislature. It's in the hands of the WA Liquor Control Board (which is thinking of renaming to WSL & Cannibis CB) to come up with regulations by December. The taxes are already figured out. What hasn't been figured out is how many distributors and locations. I just read today that locations could be tricky due to the "not within 1,000' of schools, parks, etc." One concern is that MJ stores will be located in industrial and rural areas. And the tax money goes in the WA general fund, although several interests have made a play for a piece of the tax action during this Legislative session. Funny IMO.

#825008 - 02/23/13 10:28 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: Salmo g.]
redhook
Unregistered

http://vote.wa.gov/guides/2012/I-502-Fiscal-Impact.html

i think that was the vote part of it, not sure if its the actual part of it, but theres some numbers in there if you care to look at it...

#825011 - 02/23/13 10:32 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: Salmo g.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Like I said, it's going to be interesting to watch this unfold.

- Albert Einstein.

#825012 - 02/23/13 10:36 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

The over riding question is what the feds are going to do about this. This is the latest I have seen of any indication of the fed intentions and it doesn't appear they are going to ignore enforcement on production and sales.
From the link:
Gil Kerlikowske is U.S. President Obama’s director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy—more commonly known as the U.S. “drug czar.” His long career in law enforcement included serving as police chief in two border cities: Buffalo and Seattle.

Q: In the November elections, two states—Washington and Colorado—voted to legalize marijuana for recreational use. President Obama has said that the U.S. government has “bigger fish to fry” than to go after recreational users in states where it is legal. Where do things stand with regard to producers and distributors of marijuana, which is still illegal under federal law?

A: You’ll continue to see enforcement against distributors and large-scale growers as the Justice Department has outlined. They will use their limited resources on those groups and not on going after individual users.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/02/11/on-th...P_yptgU.twitter

#825013 - 02/23/13 10:36 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

its not going to stop illegal growing and selling...

matter of fact, it likely will increase it...

#825015 - 02/23/13 10:51 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

OMG, even Keta came out for this one, the original twitcher!!
nice point btw..

hook can you come over and take some pictures of my stash, I want your expertise to do it justice in photo

#825022 - 02/23/13 11:13 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I can't think of many schools that are that close to retail stores...most seem to be in neighborhoods.

- Albert Einstein.

#825026 - 02/23/13 11:28 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: On The Swing]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: On The Swing
nice point btw..

I got cured for the twitch. I just have to take 5mg diazipam,a few bong hits and get a BJ once or twice a week and I'm fine.

#825031 - 02/24/13 01:00 AM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: Keta]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Keta
Originally Posted By: On The Swing
nice point btw..

I got cured for the twitch. I just have to take 5mg diazipam,a few bong hits and get a BJ once or twice a week and I'm fine.

HA! figured you were sittin pretty from the royalties off of Mergs video, you laid it right out for him a couple years ago..

you should get off the diazipam, i got these little .05 miligram pills that can help you with that....either sativa or indica

#825046 - 02/24/13 02:33 AM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
I haven't smoked weed for a long time like almost 15 years, but I'm a firm believer in the fact that it is the least harmful drug. Less than alcohol for sure. As far as it's medicinal value, it could keep people off of a lot more harmful prescription stuff in some cases if it was easy to get and didn't have such a stigma attached to it.

#825059 - 02/24/13 11:01 AM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: avidangler
Originally Posted By: JTD

I don't have much respect or time for stoners.

what about the good citizens who need medical marijuana,like my friend Elizabeth who lost her battle to cancer,and had to deal with being looked down upon by certain people close to her for using a drug that was helping her with her nausea. You fkn dickweed

I don't think he meant people like Elizabeth when he said he doesn't have much respect or time for "stoners".

Who gives a f.uck? It was still a dick thing to say.

I don't have much time for people who think they are better than "stoners".

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#825062 - 02/24/13 11:20 AM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Learned what - how to look down on people?

Great.

I knew an alcoholic once, so now I look down on anyone that drinks.

Make sense?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#825063 - 02/24/13 11:30 AM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: JTD]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: JTD

Someone must be doing their homework here...

Who cares? Legal or not I have zero interest and while many may not care it stil isn't a socially accepted practice. I don't have much respect or time for stoners.

I too have my hazy days from the seventies and eighties but do not have any interest in getting "wasted", however as I have had numerous surgeries and a completely fragged back I have found it to be truly amazing when it comes to relieving back spasms!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1412 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |