Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#825065 - 02/24/13 11:36 AM Re: Cannabis sativa ***** [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
My mother took an appetite stimulant called Marinol.
It's marijuana derived.
It was amazing to see the "weirdness" from some of the docs when it came to that drug.
"Oooh, I don't prescribe that."

#825066 - 02/24/13 11:37 AM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: Dan S.]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
The more correct answer as to if MJ is legal is "it depends."

Per Federal law:
No possession, use, growing, sale, for any reason other than sanctioned research.

Per state law:
Possession under an ounce is legal for everyone over 21.
Use by anyone over 21 is fine.
Purchasing is not legal unless you have a MMJ card.
Sale to MMJ card holders is fine.
While tolerated in some areas, MMJ stores are walking a thin line. Some have been raided by local PD, or threatened through their landlords by Federal alphabet agencies and closed that way.
Growing for MMJ card holders is fine, up to a certain amount of finished product, and a number of plants.

Again, the answer is, it depends.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#825067 - 02/24/13 11:38 AM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: Dan S.]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Learned what - how to look down on people?

Great.

I knew an alcoholic once, so now I look down on anyone that drinks.

Make sense?

I have had people look down on the fact that I would use MJ to alleviate my back symptoms and have told more than one that they should have to tred in my shoes for awhile.
Course some people know it all and can diagnose others without having any medical training or knowing any of the history of that person.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#825073 - 02/24/13 12:13 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
FaK I been smoking this [Bleeeeep!] and never new it was against the law, anyone remember Kona Gold,Yummie!!!PEACE

#825099 - 02/24/13 04:09 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: FASTWATER]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
It doesn't really matter if it is legal or illegal at this point. The voters have spoken.
The Feds may object, but you can bet more states will be passing laws legalizing it.
Once enough states get on the bandwagon and make it legal the Feds won't be able to do much.
Weed being illegal will go by the wayside just like prohibition did.

#825112 - 02/24/13 07:49 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: stonefish]
Piper
Unregistered

I am probably one of the only few people that have never smoked pot... and not because I didn't want to, but it wasn't right at the time it was offered... probably because there were shrooms to be consumed at the time...

the way I see it... anyone that can find that thing, that they like, that makes them happy... as long as you are not hurting anybody or anything more than a few brain cells... more power too ya...

I've found my happy place with beer, rum, girls and fishing... not neccessarily in that order wink

#825116 - 02/24/13 09:09 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Black Bart Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Adna
Originally Posted By: Piper
I've found my happy place with beer, rum, girls and fishing... not neccessarily in that order wink

I think there was a song about that...Loudon Wainright.. How di it go? Oh Yeah..

Keep your hemp and your mushrooms, the smack and nebutol.
Me, I'm into fruit and grains, gimme alcohol.
Drinks before dinner and wine with dinner and after dinner drinks
Single entandra, please help me Rhonda, search for my cufflinks.
Come with me and you will see that it's gonna be alright,
Cuz Rudolf the red nosed Wino is gonna guide our sliegh tonight. Yee Haw !

#825196 - 02/25/13 02:48 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
It is interesting to witness the polarization that occurs around this particular plant from various camps....

After loosing a handful of friends and family to cancer, and walking with them to the bitter end, I started looking at other remedies a few year back. Found that anything other than chemo, surgery and radiation were illegal amongst the AMA crowd. Seems to be a rather limited palette to create a beautiful cure. My stalwart octogenarian momma was in the hospital for nearly 3 weeks at the end of last year. Sis & I were there 24/7. What we witnessed sealed the deal for us that aside from putting a body back together after a traumatic accident, MD's are mostly just highly indebted pharmaceutical reps and hospitals are just like any other business that advertises.

In contrast, hemp has quite a storied and troubled history. It was a historically known remedy for multiple afflictions, appearing as such in medical manuals, and in commodity bulk bundles was considered payment for debts. Seems that there was a kerfuffle with the timber/pulp interests that resulted in its removal from commerce in more recent history. Getting back to the medicinal aspects, what would happen to the capital investments within the medical profession/business if cancer, and many other costly diseases, could be cured very inexpensively?

Heat catalyzes the chemical components of this plant, giving the hallucinogenic properties with which most of us have some familiarity. In the chemical components derived from its raw form, there is well-documented medical magic. It is primarily from this latter property that makes WAC 246-75 and RCW 69.51A interesting.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qgEP9FdIzT8[/video]

This sad plant can't be all bad considering that the US government holds the patent for CBD's by assignment. Maybe that's where the medical profits will ultimately go? Interesting dots in interesting times.....

Attachments
US Patent (2).jpg

#825202 - 02/25/13 03:18 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

how the hell can the government have a patent on cannabinoids?

thats like having a patent on tree sap...

i would like to see them explain as to where they created CBD's and the medicinal properties of them....

#825203 - 02/25/13 03:22 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

My guess is Monsanto is working on some genetically engineered sh1t that will send you to the B Jesus belt.

#825208 - 02/25/13 03:44 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

Marinol isnt derived from anything tho, its synthetic... they could patent something like that, because they would be creating it... but how do you patent something that grows freely in the world, and has for thousands and thousands of years?

patenting something that grows within a plant is like patenting the C in CO2... i wonder if they have a patent on Dimethyltryptamine...

#825211 - 02/25/13 04:00 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

i am paying attention Hank...

as far as i know, there is no drugs on the market that have anything from the cannabis plant... the drugs on the market are synthetic versions of it... so if you have a synthetic version of it, why do you need the other version?

to me it looks like they patented it, just so noon else could...

because i read parts of the patent, and it talks as if THC and other CBD's are GOOD for you...

but its still illegal, and you cant have any....

Tommy Chong was right... you will see... about a year to a year and a half ago he did an interview, he said he wanted the federal government to decriminalize MJ, NOT regulate it, or have their hands anywhere near it, beceause they will just rape it to death, over price it, ect ect ect... which is what they are trying to do...

with 502 passed, the growers (you know, the dudes that have all the knowledge, and bust their ass to grow the product) are only going to get a measly 3 dollars per gram... the prosessors are getting 6 dollars per gram to package it, and the stores (state stores) will be getting 12-15 dollars per gram to sell it...

see the lopsidedness?

#825215 - 02/25/13 04:18 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Hank
my dad and I both tried to get her to smoke pot. She wouldn't do it.

Probably afraid of some looking down their noses at her, and calling her a "stoner".

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#825216 - 02/25/13 04:21 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

nope, at 3 dollars per gram, thats a whopping 84 dollars per ounce...

now count the price of pots, dirt and or hydroponics systems, fertilizers and nutrients, propane (if they are using CO2 generators), the electrical bill from the 4000 watts of light you are running, then your time....

for 84 bucks an ounce....

you spent all your time, knowledge and work for 84 bucks an ounce, and you send it to a packager who stuffs it in a bag after weighing it, and sells it to the stores for 168 dollars per ounce... then the state stores sell it at 12 dollars a gram, bringing in 336 (420 per ounce at 15 a gram) per ounce...

who did all the work here? its basically like commercial fisherman, they get say 5 bucks a pound for King, while the stores charge 30 per pound...

except if you disagree with the state on your wages/prices, they can if they want to, take it away from you...

all 502 really was, was a cover for losing the Alcohol taxes... with their prices, it will increase private under cover grow operations that already exist on some seriously large scales... they wont be able to legally sell it to the state, so they can dump their prices to say 10 a gram, or even 250 an ounce, and people will continue to buy it from underground sources vs the high priced stuff on the shelves....

as SD said it will be interesting to see how it unfolds, but honestly, i dont see a whole ton of actual good coming from 502.... except for the state....

#825218 - 02/25/13 04:25 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: Dan S.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
The only reason people would look down on responsible pot use is because of the crap the Gubmint's been telling them for years...schit like "Reefer Madness" and a whole lot worse.

The Gubmint also doesn't like admitting that it's spent trillions and trillions of dollars over the year fighting something that doesn't need fighting, causing most of the problems around it themselves, and putting thousands and thousands of people into the penal system for no reason whatsoever.

No reason whatsoever, that is, unless you are in one of the many industries that benefits from it being illegal...the industries that support the prison system, pharmaceutical companies, the AMA, the timber/pulp industry, and any other agricultural interest that grows stuff for textiles (like the cotton industry), or the tobacco industry.

Marijuana was made illegal to either protect some other industry that can't compete on the open market with hemp or marijuana production, or to create an industry that is there only because MJ is illegal.

As usual, follow the money...you'll almost always fine a big money industry or three that loves the "free market" so long as it benefits them, and hates the "free market" when it helps their competitors.

These people are also known as "Fuckin Hypocrites".

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#825219 - 02/25/13 04:35 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Originally Posted By: Hank
my dad and I both tried to get her to smoke pot. She wouldn't do it.

Probably afraid of some looking down their noses at her, and calling her a "stoner".

Idiot.

She didn't think smoking pot would be such a good idea when the breast cancer had metastasized to her lungs.

F.uck you, Hank. You could have explained that - you didn't - and you call me an idiot for speculating?

Then why the fu.ck were you trying to get her to smoke it then?

My god you can be a fuckin' twat............

#825221 - 02/25/13 04:37 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Menstrual cramps got you down?

#825222 - 02/25/13 04:39 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

Hank, i think what Dan was meaning is that he was thinking that she may have thought it was "socially inacceptable" and didnt want to get ridiculed or looked down upon because she smoked it.... he obviously didnt know that her lungs were seriously affected by the disease...

remember, we were talking about this very thing earlier in this thread...

#825225 - 02/25/13 04:58 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Hank was just looking to be a f'n twat, and damned if he didn't succeed.

#825226 - 02/25/13 05:01 PM Re: Cannabis sativa [Re: Todd]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Originally Posted By: Todd
The Gubmint also doesn't like admitting that it's spent trillions and trillions of dollars over the year fighting something that doesn't need fighting, causing most of the problems around it themselves, and putting thousands and thousands of people into the penal system for no reason whatsoever.

No reason whatsoever, that is, unless you are in one of the many industries that benefits from it being illegal...the industries that support the prison system, pharmaceutical companies, the AMA, the timber/pulp industry, and any other agricultural interest that grows stuff for textiles (like the cotton industry), or the tobacco industry.

Marijuana was made illegal to either protect some other industry that can't compete on the open market with hemp or marijuana production, or to create an industry that is there only because MJ is illegal.

As usual, follow the money...you'll almost always fine a big money industry or three that loves the "free market" so long as it benefits them, and hates the "free market" when it helps their competitors.

These people are also known as "Fuckin Hypocrites".

As an attorney destined to the fiery underworlds, there may be a glimmer of hope for your salvation yet. Tin foil & pink worms passed....

wink

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1419 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |