Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#82713 - 10/20/99 02:40 PM I-696 Pro advertising
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

I've yet to see a single "yes on 696" ad campaign in the media. This includes TV, radio, and newspapers. Shouldn't this be happening by now? I'm not a recluse either and try to stay abreast of events happening.

The initiative sponsors said they were going to flood the airwaves in the weeks leading up to the vote. Well?

Any thoughts?

#82714 - 10/20/99 03:38 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
obsessed Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
I haven't seen or heard any pro ads either. It really needs to start happening soon, or I feel the measure will be in trouble. The anti-696 TV add I saw yesterday didn't state any facts or arguements, just listed organizations that were against it including University experts(by the way, Lee Alverson is only adjunct staff at UW; he's actually a partner at a consulting firm that works for the commercial fishing industry). Without adequate rebuttal and providing of facts by pro-696 factions, the endorsements alone that the anti's have will be a powerful persuader.

A pro-696 voice in the media would be a substantial help.

#82715 - 10/20/99 06:08 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Radio ads started yesterday on both sides of the state. They will run for a few days, hopefully influencing a lot of absentee voters. Stations in Seattle, Spokane, Yakima, Vancouver, and the Tri Cities are broadcasting them. More ads will be broadcast prior to the general election. Lots of yard signs are available at the Yes on 696 office in Renton. You'll need to provide the stakes, though. Build some signs, email Bob's form letter, wrap your naked body in a gill net and climb a transmission tower(if you try this last one, say you're with the opposition). Don't let big corporate bucks and nonsense defeat common sense in November.

#82716 - 10/20/99 10:54 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
You know, the anti-696 ads are about enough to make me hurl. I'm sure all these coastal town-dwelling commercial gillnetters are big supporters of Gov. Locke, The League of Women Voters, and the Sierra Club........NOT. Sure convenient to quote their support after bad-mouthing the same groups for decades.

I hope our pro-696 guys kick the ads into gear soon. We need ads NOW. Otherwise we'll be the Bob Doles of state politics (too little, too late). We're not getting any help from the pinheads in the mainstream media, and the WDFW with Jeff "I never met a net I didn't like" Koenings will surely be of no help.

Here's hoping............

Fish on.......

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#82717 - 10/21/99 01:18 AM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
I have seen 1 yes on 696 yard sign so far, although I have made several myself. Tomorrow I am going to take the one sign I saw and put it on my truck. I drive I-5 everyday....If you see my green Ranger....honk and give me a thumbs up!

#82718 - 10/21/99 01:39 AM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
I did hear 1 add today on 94.1 KMPS. It was a all for the BAN on nets. I agree we need more sighnes that say YES! I've seen tomany that say no!!!

dcrzfitter

#82719 - 10/21/99 12:39 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Yes, I'm also tired of seeing all the NO signs around. Let the BAN guys know how you feel too. Drop them a line at yes696@yes696.org .

#82720 - 10/21/99 02:31 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
KNOPHISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN,WA,USA
TOM NELSON SEZ THE TV COMMERCIALS COST $10,000 & THEY DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY. I GAVE EM $110 TO BUY MY YARD SIGNS BUT THEY'RE FREE. I'LL BE POSTING THEM UP IN RENTON, KENT, AUBURN, & WEST SEATTLE. WE NEED TO GET ALOT OF EXPOSURE THIS WAY WITHOUT TV. I HEARD A FEW RADIO ADS ON KBSG. I VOTED YES YESTERDAY. THIS PUPPY HAS JUST GOTTA PASS.

#82721 - 10/21/99 03:16 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
large marge Offline
Alevin

Loc: carnation, wa
Has anyone heard our Governors opinion on this subject? Last night I was listiningg to a call in show on channel 9 with the govenor and he is against ban. He said that if the commercials dont get the fish that sportsman will. This is true then he went on to say that this will not help our return rates in our riveers. WRONG! I'm just wondering if anybody interpreted his opinion in the same way that I did.

[This message has been edited by large marge (edited 10-21-1999).]

#82722 - 10/21/99 09:43 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
Bruce(Coho@TheRefuge) Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bothell, WA, USA
The I-696 people have signs at the Renton office. You need to put wood stakes on them. I picked up 10 for me today and delivered another 25 to Woodinville. So call the I-696 office and see if you can pick some up. They aren't working with a huge campaign fund. I think they need people to put signs up!! They need,no, We need your help.

PS a plug; Fishing and Hunting News helped get the signs printed.

#82723 - 10/21/99 11:49 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
I live in Olympia and Renton is to far away is thar any way I can get some sighns closer?
I'de like atleast 10 more if I can get them.

#82724 - 10/22/99 12:25 AM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Any of you coming to the coast this week-end (if you're crazy enough to) willing to bring some signs out, I'd love to have them ... I'll get the posts and get 'em up out here!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#82725 - 10/22/99 01:40 AM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

LargeMarge, I was equally impressed with the Governor last night(NOT). He must have had a commercial fisherman holding up his cue cards. For those of you who missed his message, here it is: "Unfair, won't save fish." Someone remarked today that the Gov. looked tired, maybe even worried. With a taxpayer revolt looming, two initiatives you've opposed likely to pass, lobbyists looking for payback, and your
vice-presidential possibilities disappearing faster than Friday's paycheck, maybe there is something to be concerned about.
About those signs. I found four-foot furring strips and lath-like pieces in the burn bin at a local lumberyard. They make great stakes and supports and they were FREE. Lumberyards use them to separate lumber in the stacks. Get there fast, and get there first.

#82726 - 10/22/99 05:52 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
salmon Offline
Fry

Loc: Rainier, WA
I also would love to have some signs if anyone were heading south. i live in the metropolis of Rainier (WA) and currently unable to drive to Renton. I work on Fort Lewis (M-F). I can be reached at home at (360) 446-0118. There are quite a few voters in this area and just to se the signs in the rainier/Yelm/McKinna area WILL definitely influence many of them...Tom

#82727 - 10/27/99 05:25 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
I have put out several signs and while checking their status found that two have been removed from where I put them, while other voters signs remain. I may have to do some sign distruction my self if this BS continues.

#82728 - 10/27/99 11:17 PM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Stever, if it's any consolation to you, tonight I saw three NO signs with self-adhering Yes 696 stickers placed over them. It would be a good idea to check signs after this storm blows through. Eight out of ten 696 signs I passed on the way to town were shredded or blown over. They still had some single-sided signs at the Renton office yesterday(no stakes).

#82729 - 10/28/99 11:51 AM Re: I-696 Pro advertising
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
Thanks, I called Marilyn at yes 0n I-696 yesterday and some one is dropping some off today at Ted's. Only a few more days to get the word out so do all you can. Don't spend time preaching to the choir, talk to those voters that are against it or undecided, that is your target audience. Good luck and YES ON I-696

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 535 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |