Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#828595 - 03/13/13 02:33 PM Federal employees behind on their taxes
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
so I was watching Fox News this morning. they reported an appalling tidbit of news. if I have the numbers right, 215,000 federal employees are behind in their taxes. how much behind? $2.5 billion!!!! this is truly outrageous....

#828597 - 03/13/13 02:53 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: Brewer]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: brewer
so I was watching Fox News this morning

lol

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#828599 - 03/13/13 03:05 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: Brewer]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
...most of those being contractors to the Fed Govt.

I saw the report (after seeing this post...and did it for research-purposes ONLY) and it never said answered the "why". Never mentions the word "delinquent".

There are a million and five *valid* reasons why folks can't or don't pay taxes on the April 15 deadline......

My guess is that knowing our Fed Govt and the sheer amount of red tape involved when it comes to money, and the massive quantity of tax loopholes, these people are not able to pay their taxes due to missing forms, information, etc, or are getting out of paying their taxes now due to existing laws, regulations, etc.

If all of them are following existing tax laws and filed an extension with the IRS, than what's the problem?

Oh wait, there is no problem. Thank you Fox News for getting the donkeys all rilled up. Again.

#828600 - 03/13/13 03:09 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: Dan S.]
Brewer Offline

LOL all you want, danny. Fox News has the HOTTEST news anchor women period. that channel is loaded with morning hotties.

there for I watch.

#828606 - 03/13/13 03:19 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Muting the volume keeps many attractive women from losing that status.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#828619 - 03/13/13 04:04 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: Brewer]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Originally Posted By: brewer
LOL all you want, danny. Fox News has the HOTTEST news anchor women period. that channel is loaded with morning hotties.

there for I watch.

Yay for you.

#828640 - 03/13/13 05:49 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: The Moderator]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: parker
.. Thank you Fox News for getting the donkeys all rilled up. Again.

After reading this thread, and the quip from DanS, and the above quote from Parker, disparaging Fox news. I did a simple search on Bing. I typed in , "Federal employees behind on their taxes." and found 17 results on the first page of results, none of which were attributed to Fox news.

So perhaps there may be something more to the story than "Fox news getting the donkeys all rilled(sp) up." as Parker suggests. And by the way, Isn't the Democrats that are usualy know as the donkeys?

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#828645 - 03/13/13 06:06 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: blackmouth]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Interesting blackmouth... I did a google search, results:

1. (news) Federal Times coverage of the story -- owned by Gannett -- Certainly part of the new right media
2. (news) Fox Ignores Its Reporting To Paint Federal Employees as Hypocritical -- (Media Matters, left leaning, reporting ON Fox's reporting)
3. (web) Repeat #1
4. (web) Investors Business Daily (rightwing)
5. (web) Repeat #2
6. (web) Washington Post
7. (web) Piscatorial Pursuits (this thread!!!)

Sure seems like an echo chamber story to me...

#828651 - 03/13/13 06:30 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: blackmouth]
Dan S. Offline

Originally Posted By: bm
I typed in , "Federal employees behind on their taxes." and found 17 results on the first page of results, none of which were attributed to Fox news.

Congratulations?

#828675 - 03/13/13 08:00 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: IrishRogue]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

IR.... I originally responded to this post not because of any great interest that I had in the story, but because I've grown weary of the shallow and baseless criticism of Fox news that abounds on this board. Note that I have not said that all criticism of Fox news is shallow and baseless, but that is the criticism that I have become weary of and am responding to.

Now as I am sure you know as well as I do that search results are a moving target, I just now did a new search of "Federal employees behind on taxes" and found on the first page, stories by;

The Huffington post, the story started like this. " The number of federal workers and retirees who owed delinquent income taxes jumped by nearly 12 percent in 2011, the Internal Revenue Service said Friday."
The Federal times, like this. "The number of federal employees who were delinquent on their taxes increased sharply in 2011, according to IRS statistics.'
Accounting today, like this. "More than 279,000 federal employees, including members of the military, collectively owed approximately $3.42 billion in unpaid taxes as of Sept. 25, 2010, up 3.26 percent from the prior year, according to a recently released report from the Internal Revenue Service.
CNBC like this. "Need a quick three billion dollars, Uncle Sam? How about looking in your own pockets?"
ABC news. Working for Uncle Sam comes with some great perks, like job stability, posh benefits packages, and in many cases, average salaries that are higher than what the same job pays in the private sector.

And you say, "Sure seems like an echo chamber story to me...".
Sir I do believe there is an echo chamber present, and that you are seated comfortably within it

#828686 - 03/13/13 08:40 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Federal employees and everyday taxpayers have been delinquent on their taxes for generations. What's the BFD?

The BFD is that when FOX news aired a story that was also aired by a majority of U.S.news organizations, FOX was singled out from all of the others for, "getting the donkeys all rilled up(sp). Again."

#828691 - 03/13/13 08:49 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: blackmouth]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

And by the way, It's really not a BFD. I just grew weary of the echo chamber.

#828703 - 03/13/13 09:29 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: blackmouth]
Dan S. Offline

Would a tissue or tampon help?

#828737 - 03/13/13 11:16 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

I see the climbers on, are climbing on.

#828760 - 03/14/13 12:20 AM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: IrishRogue]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: IrishRogue

1. (news) Federal Times coverage of the story -- owned by Gannett -- Certainly part of the new right media
2. (news) Fox Ignores Its Reporting To Paint Federal Employees as Hypocritical -- (Media Matters, left leaning, reporting ON Fox's reporting)
3. (web) Repeat #1
5. (web) Repeat #2
6. (web) Washington Post

That was another piss poor attempt at acting a few inches taller than DanS.

Stick with graphs, charts and any other nerdy media that allows the rest of us to laugh at you and not give-a-f.uck.

Bullet points ain't you Poindexter.....

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#828770 - 03/14/13 12:54 AM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: RowVsWade]
Dan S. Offline

I don't think he has to act.

#828772 - 03/14/13 01:03 AM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: Dan S.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I don't think he has to act.

Why does he seem so much smaller then? I guess his diminished stature is just that......

Metaphorically speaking.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#828810 - 03/14/13 11:22 AM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: RowVsWade]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
Originally Posted By: IrishRogue

3. (web) Repeat #1
5. (web) Repeat #2
6. (web) Washington Post

That was another piss poor attempt at acting a few inches taller than DanS.

Stick with graphs, charts and any other commie media that allows the rest of us to laugh at you and not give-a-f.uck.

Bullet points ain't you Poindexter.....

And here I thought you loved Hank's postings!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#828841 - 03/14/13 03:29 PM Re: Federal employees behind on their taxes [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Brewer Offline

i'm watching FoxNews again. Their reporting the catholics have just got a new pope. not wanting to trust F.N. now I think this story is a load of conservative crap!

LOL!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |