Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#834739 - 04/18/13 01:55 AM Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone

#834745 - 04/18/13 07:03 AM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Brewer]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

One part that struck me was at 13:30 in where he says "even without congress, we are going to do more". What exactly does that entail, executive order or another covert Fast & Furious? It's going to be a fight every day until at least the mid-terms.
Newtown was a horrible crime, no one's denying that, but these laws wouldn't have stopped it either, but they just can't accept that.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 stopped direct sales across state lines, mandating all had to go through a licensed dealer and subject to a 4473 form. And with the NICS system in place they already have the background checks. Lying prick! foul

- Albert Einstein.

#834754 - 04/18/13 09:26 AM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Sol Duc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Flawed bill. Would not have acomplished anything that would have any substantial impact on crime. Fuck Obama, and shotgun Joe Biden.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#834768 - 04/18/13 11:33 AM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Libturds are such emotional creatures. crazy

- Albert Einstein.

#834773 - 04/18/13 12:03 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Sol Duc]
JohnQ Offline
Spawner

Loc: COF in the Upper Left Hand Cor...
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Libturds are such emotional creatures. crazy

Butt, they sure like to To Tell Us Unwashed Massses What Is Good For Us (Doesn't apply to them though) elite

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????

#834785 - 04/18/13 12:47 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Yeah, because it would be great if nothing had changed since the 1700's. Women not voting, minorities on the back of the bus, children working in factories - all fantastic things some liberal goon apparently thought should be changed.

The nerve..............

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#834791 - 04/18/13 12:58 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
the worst thing to ever happen to this awesome country was a liberal being born.

just sayin.

You ain't shitting.

- Albert Einstein.

#834792 - 04/18/13 12:59 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
Salman Offline
Spawner

They're so gung ho on altering the second amendment yet they can't even follow it in the first place evidenced by the fact that they can't keep a balanced budget. If you ask me I think gun control is already pretty fierce. I know there has been tragedy's like Newtown but we should all feel lucky that the Newtown tradgedy is not as random of an act as it could be. Instead of messing with the Constituition they should think about finding these types of people.

#834793 - 04/18/13 01:01 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Dan S.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I would be a happy camper if women didn't vote...with exception of My Mom,Sister, and Aunty. beer

- Albert Einstein.

#834800 - 04/18/13 01:23 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

That was clever.....hehehe grin

- Albert Einstein.

#834807 - 04/18/13 02:15 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: stam
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
I would be a happy camper if women didn't vote...with exception of My Mom,Sister, and Aunty. beer

so that's one vote..?

ZZZ roflZIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNG

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#834810 - 04/18/13 02:30 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: RowVsWade]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
stam is pretty good at making funnies. rofl

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#834825 - 04/18/13 04:09 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Dan S.]
metaladdiction Offline
Returning Adult

Stam hits a home run.

#834827 - 04/18/13 04:16 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: metaladdiction]
Natron
Unregistered

bombs go off and kill and injure a bunch of people, they blame the bomber...

guy walks into a school with a stolen gun, kills and injures a bunch of people, and they blame the gun, and how many rounds it holds...

perfectly logical thinking...

#834830 - 04/18/13 04:39 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Stam, that was BRILLIANT.

Natron, are you seriously going to try to be the point-man on the logic front? The bombs are *already* illegal, in fact just attempting to make them is illegal, and so we can arrest people before they deploy them, which happens all the time. Laws strengthening these statues, including the post 9-11 AEDPA, all receive broad support from both parties.

In both cases you list -- the weapon of choice (or of mass destruction if you want to be shrill) AND the perpetrator are both significant. It's just in one case the weapon rights are vigorously protected by corporate interests.

And here's a thought problem to disprove your ridiculous post -- imagine it was NOT illegal to make IED's, and the Boston bombing had gone down. Do you really believe we wouldn't be having the same discussions about having laws controlling the making and possessing bombs?

#834833 - 04/18/13 04:50 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: IrishRogue]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: IrishRogue
The bombs are *already* illegal, in fact just attempting to make them is illegal, and so we can arrest people before they deploy them, which happens all the time.

Having a gun on school grounds is already illegal and is arrestable thereby preventing a school shooting. The reality is there were a he.ll of a lot more cops in Boston than there was in Sandy Hook and even though those Boston Cops, State Cops and Feds tried, even "swept" for bombs, they couldn't stop a despicable person from going crazy.

What it comes down to is we'll never stop sh.ithouse crazy people from killing people, no matter how many laws there are.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#834835 - 04/18/13 04:55 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: IrishRogue]
Natron
Unregistered

dont start throwing around the IED terminology, its like using "assault" infront of "rifle"...

it is illegal to posses them yes, to an extent... plenty of people legally posses such materials and "bombs" as you may, but they dont go out and blow people up with them... just as sane legal gun owners dont go shoot up schools and stuff... it has nothing to do with the weapon involved...

if you are going to blame the bomber, then you must blame the GUNMAN, not the weapons he used...

plus another tidbit, you can go buy stuff just as powerful as what went off, and in some cases, more powerful, from tribal fireworks stands... why hasnt the government gone after them immeadiately? why didnt the government go after them after McVeigh? hopefully i dont need to answer that for you...

watch them use this as a ploy to strip reloading powders from the market because they can be used to build explosives like the one that killed and injured so many in Boston...

its the gun powders fault right?

#834849 - 04/18/13 05:44 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
This is such a head-shaker.

A Bad idea promoted in the extreme by self serving politicians, doesn't make it any better an idea.

So STFU Obama!

#834850 - 04/18/13 05:45 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Natron
bombs go off and kill and injure a bunch of people, they blame the bomber...

guy walks into a school with a stolen gun, kills and injures a bunch of people, and they blame the gun, and how many rounds it holds...

perfectly logical thinking...

We need to ban pressure cookers, atleast a back ground check before purchasing one.

- Albert Einstein.

#834860 - 04/18/13 06:14 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Sol Duc]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Red, not sure I follow you and I'm interested enough to want clarification on what you're asking me to imagine?

Natron
1. Why not use IED terminology? Isn't that pretty much an EXACT description of what we believe was used?

2. Of course I blame the gunman in the shootings. But unlike you I don't believe that all problems have exactly one solution. Yes, the gunman was a whackjob. An in all liklihood if he had access to knives only, he'd have killed people with them. But, and this is critical, since he had access to a less lethal weapon, he'd have a much lower chance of killing the same number of people.

3. At least one point of anti-bomb laws is to be able to arrest people with bad intentions BEFORE they commit the crime, vs. after. You get a tip about someone buying a truckload of fertilizer, you can act before they blow up a government building.

To the rest -- I think guns are a super complex issue. Please don't let my fencing here with Natron make you think I belive otherwise. I do think a legitimate conversation should be had about how to balance the benefits of gun ownership for personal safety and sporting activities against the idea that anyone can buy any imaginable weapon (machine guns, gatling guns, howitzers, whatever), and do so free of any required training, at any age, and without any concern about their mental health.

These are complex issues, and I support neither the draconian position of outlawing all guns of any kind, nor the equally draconian position that all weapons are fine anywhere/anytime.

Edited by IrishRogue (04/18/13 06:14 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |