Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83551 - 12/08/99 04:25 AM Lamiglas LHS
William Offline
Eyed Egg

Does anyone have an opinion about the LHS Series of salmon and steelhead rods from Lamiglas?

#83552 - 12/08/99 01:06 PM Re: Lamiglas LHS
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
I got the 9'0 Esprit, and I really like it for big nooks, but is is heavy in the hand, it wears me out casting all day. To heavy for me to fish for silvers or steelhead, and too expensive to use it for chums....Me thinks I have to many rods!....but I am looking for a 9'6" or 10' spinning rod for jig fishing....I think I need a fishing-gear-aholic meeting!

#83553 - 12/08/99 11:48 PM Re: Lamiglas LHS
Huntar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima, WA
I've got a couple of them and they fish just fine. Mind you its not a IMX, but I think they stack up somewhere between a GL2 and a GL3 (closer to the GL3). (Lamiglass has also been very good on the warranty for broken rods.)

I've been accused of having too many rods (although I'm not sure that's possible, like too much fun, etc...) I'll pick up the Lamiglass as often as a Loomis, it just depends on the day, river, and mood.

#83554 - 12/09/99 01:05 AM Re: Lamiglas LHS
Jigman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
As far as I'm concerned nobody makes a decent jig rod. I have 6 jig rods and 5 of them are custom made. The store bought one is a 11' 6" St.Croix which is okay for some situations buts tends to be too wimpy(no backbone). Best way to go is purchase a blank and have a rod made.

#83555 - 12/09/99 02:09 AM Re: Lamiglas LHS
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
I am very happy with both of my LHS's. In fact I'm fishing them more than my Gl 2-3's. Lot's of backbone (I prefer a heavier rod) and good sensitivity. snit

#83556 - 12/09/99 08:48 AM Re: Lamiglas LHS
William Offline
Eyed Egg

I was curious, haven't used LHS rods before. I stopped by an auction tuesday night as I was driving home (a spur of the moment thing) and saw two LHS rods (8.5' chinook special and 9'medium action)with reels, both like new. Ended up with both rods for $65 each.

I currently river fish with a mid-80's model Daiwa medium light action rod (love it)and also use my 10.5' GL-3, both good rods, but couldn't pass up on those Lamiglas for the price.

#83557 - 12/09/99 10:08 PM Re: Lamiglas LHS
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to fish lamaglas all the time in the late 70"s great rods still got a few HMG"s laying around but then i built a rod with a sage 9.0 med blank and was hooked lots of meat in the butt great sensitivitey in the tip kind of like the old fenwicks to bad they quit makeing rods other than fly i was lucky to get two more before they quit makeing them also built rods with G.Loomis blanks but allways thought they needed more meat in the butt section allways seamed to flex all the way to the cork i guess i just like a little meater rod if you ever happen on one for sell give it a try bone

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 560 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |