Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#84085 - 12/26/99 02:21 AM Sauk Steelhead on TV
tvhosts Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA USA
Our Washington State-based TV fishing show debuts Monday, December 27 on the Outdoor Channel (available on some cable systems in Washington and nationwide as part of the Dish Network). The first show features steelhead on the Sauk River with Guide Rob Endsley of Kulshan River Excursions. See all the info about our first 13 episodes at http://www.fishermansheaven.com We'll also be selling the videos of each episode on our website after they air nationally.
My co-host, Mike Wasch, and I aren't fishing experts - just two goofballs who love to fish. However, the guides we fish with are the experts and we allow them to impart their wisdom as we take advantage of it to catch fish!
We ARE trying to find a local station as well, but no luck so far. Fox Sports Northwest prefers the staid, geritol-laden shows that feature little fish and we are high-energy, humorous and feature big fish worthy of TV stardom. While most shows are produced by an angler who taught himself how to do crude edits, we're produced by George Wasch who is the TV producer for the Portland Trailblazers and has won "Director of the Year" honors in the NBA 7 times! We'll keep trying and could sure use viewers help - you can apply pressure with phone calls and e-mails to FSN and to your local cable provider to get them to add the Outdoor Channel to their line-up!
Feel free to e-mail us at cohosts@fishermansheaven.com We'd love to hear your input on the shows or just say hi.
Thanks,
Kevin Erickson
Co-host
Fisherman's Heaven http://www.fishermansheaven.com

#84086 - 12/26/99 07:19 AM Re: Sauk Steelhead on TV
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, the good news is that Kevin and Mike of Fisherman's Heaven have finally discovered the absolutely best steelhead and salmon site anywhere. (Bob, feel free to charge them for the advertising space: a new Lami ought to cover it.)

And since Kev and Mike have what appears to be a great TV show, 90% of the episodes which pertain to salmon and steelhead, I'd say that they have a natural audience with the readers of the Board.

The bad news is that, as far as I know, only Robbo and I have actually seen any of the shows. I know Robbo has some credibility on the board. (NR: no need to reply -- we know already.)

All I can say is to ask a few folks to give the first couple of episodes a look (a 6 pack and medium bag of pork rinds should do it), and post your reviews here. At the very worst, Mike and Kev will get fat heads if everyone likes their zany, full-on fishing antics. At best, the Board might be able to influence what appears to be the Last Chance at a sensible fishing program. (For example, tell them to do an segment about one of your friend's favorite drifts -- in return for leaving yours alone.)

Pass the pork rinds, Robbo, and no hugs, please! (In fact, could we have Mrs. Robbo in the room at all times, just to be safe?)

#84087 - 12/26/99 08:15 PM Re: Sauk Steelhead on TV
Bruce(Coho@TheRefuge) Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bothell, WA, USA
I sent them an email with a couple questions . Heres the reply:

Bruce,
We push the release of all wild and/or endangered fish (salmon as well as
steelhead - and we have it posted a few places on our website as well) and we
also let our viewers know that there is nothing wrong with keeping hatchery
fish. Rather than doing it in a heavy-handed or "preachy" way, we do it subtly
and often with humor.
Thanks for the e-mail.
Kevin and Mike
Fisherman's Heaven http://www.fishermansheaven.com

Thought you might find this ok.

#84088 - 12/26/99 09:22 PM Re: Sauk Steelhead on TV
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa
I have been after my local cable company, AT&T cable, to add the Outdoor Channel, so I can see the show. So far, all I've got is..."we'll look into it....but, we have a lot of bass shows on...". It's like sticking your own finger in your eye.

Please add The Outdoor Channel!!!!

Kev

#84089 - 12/26/99 11:54 PM Re: Sauk Steelhead on TV
tvhosts Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA USA
Smolt,
LOL - you're making more progress than me. I can't even get TCI of the Everett area to reply to voicemail, e-mail, or letter. I do know that Cedar Communications in Arlington has the Outdoor Channel and some TCI of Auburn residents too...so there is hope.
Thanks!
Kevin Erickson

#84090 - 12/27/99 01:25 AM Re: Sauk Steelhead on TV
DJ wonderkid  Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle/port angeles Washingto...
Alright... I think we need to get in touch with Direct TV and start complaining too... I wanna watch this stuff!

=)

Tom

#84091 - 12/27/99 11:54 PM Re: Sauk Steelhead on TV
Dick Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Sequim WA
I'am with you Tom but I don't think they will listen.....!!!!!!

------------------
Tight Lines!!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1181 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |