Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#843479 - 06/12/13 06:17 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Regardless of whether you feel Snowden is a hero or a traitor, he left this behind when he set up residence in Hong Kong.

p.s. she has the "naughty librarian" look DF likes so much... smile

I hope he has a looker like that. I read he made 200K per year. If I made that much I would have at least 4 ladies like that.....

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#843480 - 06/12/13 06:17 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
As much as I tend to like FP, good move on not giving him your address....just ask DanS.

doh

#843487 - 06/12/13 06:26 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
He's right.

FP doesn't need you to give him your address - he already knows sh!t like that. Apparently he's a little smarter than most of us around here. wink

I did want to quote this one, though, as it is vintage FP

" I have the VIP Gold Library Card "

Of course you do, man...............and we'd expect nothing less. smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#843488 - 06/12/13 06:29 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: Dan S.]
Natron
Unregistered

its not that hard to do Dan... you just have to be an asshole grin

#843666 - 06/13/13 04:20 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Here Is a new article from wired.com that really lays it out. What a can of worms this is. IMO we need a certain level of security but there is a huge potential for serious abuse. Can't imagine the power trip it would be for some of the psychopaths in both the private sector and government to be able to put anyone of interest to them under the cyber microscope.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/06/general-keith-alexander-cyberwar/

#843667 - 06/13/13 04:22 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: Keta]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

There were tons of small private contractors that has access to this info too. beathead

- Albert Einstein.

#843676 - 06/13/13 05:13 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: Sol Duc]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
There were tons of small private contractors that has access to this info too. beathead

Like a public employee is any more responsible with my info than a private contractor. The fact that they work for the federal govern would make me more worried.

Bottom line-I dont give a rats ass if it is a public or private employee. Stay the hell out of anything of mine without a warrant and even then if I have a good lawyer. grin

#843680 - 06/13/13 05:24 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: docspud]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

You missed my point, I was just mentioning that there were a lot of people who had access, not that one company or another was more of a danger of abusing info.

- Albert Einstein.

#843841 - 06/14/13 02:39 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: Sol Duc]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

If freedom means anything, then

Liberty trumps security. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts, or compromise. Some things are that simple.

#843858 - 06/14/13 03:37 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Natron
Unregistered

wtf?

and Americans cant even say the Pledge of Allegiance in school anymore because it says GOD in it....

so, why do they get imunity? im pretty sure that the FBI watches the Westboro Baptists and their memebers? regardless of how much of nutcases they are, they are still a church....

#843860 - 06/14/13 03:41 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Natron, if you went to school, you would know they still say the pledge of allegiance, with the word "God" in it. At least in the schools around here they do.

#843861 - 06/14/13 03:46 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: Sky-Guy]
Natron
Unregistered

so then the whole ban on it on the entire west coast and other states was lifted? something about "under god" being a violation of constitutional rights due to religion aspects... i remember it was in the SUpreme Court not terribly long ago, dont pay attention too much anymore tho, i stopped saying it in the 6th grade....

#843868 - 06/14/13 04:33 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Natron
Unregistered

maybe if we stopped letting the "terrorist" in, we wouldnt get attacked... the FBI and CIA know EXACTLY who they are letting into this country, and even ones with ties, they still let them in, and then bust them after they gave them a fake bomb or whatnot... or, they dont do it quick enough and we have the Marathon bombing...

its like they intentionally shoot themselves in the foot, and then complain about it afterwards... the government should change its name to Plaxico Burress...

#843878 - 06/14/13 05:08 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Natron
i stopped saying it in the 6th grade....

that says alot right there...

I was at my son's school the other day, the pledge that was recited over the loud speaker and in the room, still had "under God" in it...

Just sayin...

#843879 - 06/14/13 05:13 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Natron
Unregistered

yes it does... it says that only Highlands Elementary in the Renton Highlands actually did it, McKnight didnt, and neither did Hazen... not sure if Maplewood, or Dimmitt, or Liberty, or RHS even did either...

and the reason it still had "under God" in it, is because the ban was overturned, as previously stated...

#843882 - 06/14/13 05:39 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Piper
i stopped saying it in the 6th grade....

that says alot right there...

I thought it says 'I quit going to school in 6th grade'

#843884 - 06/14/13 05:47 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Natron
Unregistered

thats because you didnt pay attention in school, if you did, you would be able to read correctly....

#843886 - 06/14/13 05:51 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

thats because you didnt pay attention in school, if you did, you would be able to read correctly....

I'm so smart. I can read between the lines... wink

#843945 - 06/15/13 01:48 AM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Wow, that was fast. I just looked over the front page of several MSM news online front pages, US News,CBS, NBC,ABC,Yahoo,CNN and FOX. They all scrubbed any mention of the "spying scandal" except for FOX which is pushing the "Does Edward Snowden pose a threat to national security?" spin. Funny how this started as an Obama scandal but when the tracks led back to the NSA the gate keepers went into high gear to sweep it under the media rug. Move on....nothing to see here.

#844078 - 06/16/13 03:44 PM Re: Where's the surveilance thread? [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Yet somehow, many think Snowden is the bad guy. WTF?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |