LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#84501 - 12/27/99 05:04 AM Who wants to fish?
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
Ok, here is the deal. I live in Oregon and I would like to expand my steelhead fishing territory. Ive fished the Skagit and the Green. I would like to try a few other Washington rivers. Does anyoe want to offer an opinion on where I should try next? And if anyone would like trade trips, Im game for that.
Thanx

#84502 - 12/27/99 01:55 PM Re: Who wants to fish?
fishrmn Offline
Smolt

Loc: Shelton, WA
Willie-
I've got some ideas - I'll be down in SW Washington fishing toward the end of the week. Email me at fishrmn@hctc.com or mmiller@mtcorp.com.
Rgds/Mark (fishrmn) (not from Kirkland!)

#84503 - 12/27/99 10:52 PM Re: Who wants to fish?
hot chocolate Offline
Alevin

Loc: ocean shores, wa, 98569
Hey
I live up here in Ocean Shores and fish the humptulips, satsop, wynoochee when there not blown out from monsoon rains. I got a drift boat and am always looking for somebody to go with. {tired of riding my ten speed back up the truck}. Anyway if you want to drive up here I'll take you out, you bring the donuts. Email me Krickit@techline.com
this offer goes for anybody with a fishin rod
and good attitude.

#84504 - 12/28/99 12:29 AM Re: Who wants to fish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

CAREFUL GUYS!! Bob sent me this email. I haven't had the chance to confirm this with the local game warden, But.....

"Marty ... noticed that you've added a trade-a-trip section. I'm sure you must know that trading like this amounts to compensation and thus "guiding" under Washington State (and many others) laws ... I think you'll find it difficult to gather much advertising support from licensed guides on a site that is advertising illegal guiding activities ... just a thought. Good luck.

Bob Ball
Bob's Piscatorial Pursuits
AK / WA Salmon, Steelhead, and Halibut Fishing http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com
"If it's wild, let it go!"

#84505 - 12/28/99 02:06 AM Re: Who wants to fish?
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
There is no way this is equal to compensation. First there has to be the 'active pursuit of a trade or business' and then it has to have a 'profit motive'. Under the active pursuit of a trade or business there are tests one has to meet that would not be met here.
The confusion here is that income does not always equal cash payment, ie, services performed can equal compensation. For example, if Bob did not receive cash, but instead the customer set up Bob's web page then bob has income equal to the fair market value of the services rendered to him.
Two non guides trading trips in the manner above is not an active trade or business,therefore not compensation. This is simply two people having some fun on the weekend.

#84506 - 01/06/00 11:03 AM Re: Who wants to fish?
willierower Offline
Spawner

I will be in longview from the 15th to the 18th anyone have any suggestions, on where to go to wrestle a steelie or 2? Im supposed to do a little sturgeon fishing on the Columbia and fish a day on the Kalama for steelhead. I would like to try another river in those days hat I am there......any suggestions?? Thanx!!!

Put down your purse and se the hook!!!!!!!!!!!

#84507 - 01/06/00 09:05 PM Re: Who wants to fish?
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Trading trips is definitely not a compensated guide trip. It's like trading Pokemon cards. Don't worry yourself too much.

Have a day.

Fish on...

Todd.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#84508 - 01/06/00 09:49 PM Re: Who wants to fish?
side slider Offline
Parr

I live east of Portland in the gorge there isn't much going on out here at the moment but I would be willing to row you around in the fall when the Chinook are in. if you would like to handle the sticks for me on some of those Tillamook Bay streams.
Turn-um-loose
S.S.

#84509 - 01/07/00 12:39 AM Re: Who wants to fish?
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
Willie,

Hate to say it, but the best place to be in that area with a sled is the mighty Cowlitz. The pressure tends to drop off throughout January.
Sturgeon fishing should be good this time of year... if the smelt run picks up the it could get real hot.

Good luck and drop me a line if you have any questions.

[This message has been edited by Stadle (edited 01-06-2000).]

#84510 - 01/07/00 10:05 AM Re: Who wants to fish?
willierower Offline
Spawner

thanx guys for the replies,
Stadle, Im going to drag my driftboat up. ufortunatley I dont have access to a sled, I would love to try some boondogging on the Cow. My girlfriends brother lives on the Kalma and has a driftboat, I may just follow him down the river.
Side-slider. Get in touch with me at NW_rvrbum@wetv.net . I dont fish the Tillamook area, But I do fish south of there in a couple streams that blow the Wilson and Trask away.

#84511 - 01/07/00 11:57 AM Re: Who wants to fish?
side slider Offline
Parr

Willie, I am having trouble with you mail address. I will be fishing the Kalama on saturday and would be glad to give you a report. if you could mail me at mmelby@gorge.net then I will transfer your address

#84512 - 01/07/00 12:02 PM Re: Who wants to fish?
Stinkfoot Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: White Salmon, WA
Hey willie rower, e-mail me, I may have some info for you. Also, side slider, good to see another WS resident on the board. I was thinking about floating the Sandy this weekend and my regular fishing buddy has a full list of honey-do's this weekend. e-mail me if you're interested.
hanks@saw.net

#84513 - 01/07/00 07:54 PM Re: Who wants to fish?
Jim Bain Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Chehalis, Washington USA
Willie....I might be interested in you Cataracts...email me at; bain@myhome.net

------------------
Jim Bain
Always have Fun while Fishing!!!

#84514 - 01/12/00 05:29 AM Re: Who wants to fish?
willierower Offline
Spawner

any of you guys been fishing??? I guees they were getting some on the Kalama, was up that way for a couple das, never even looked at the river. I will be bcak next week from the 15th to the 18th, Im gonna hit it then......maybe someone wants to hook up? I have never fished but Im gonna learn it.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 982 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |