Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#85088 - 01/20/00 02:03 AM Worms
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Does anybody have success using live nightcrawlers for winter runs?

#85089 - 01/20/00 02:14 AM Re: Worms
Curt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn,Wa
yeh,i've done pretty good with them in clear water conditions.

FISH ON!!!

#85090 - 01/20/00 10:53 AM Re: Worms
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
A friend of mine and me were just talking about this last weekend. He said his aunt used just worms and could out fish either of us with them. I havn't tried them myself but the rubber worms seem to work great so why wouldn't a real work just as good if not better?
Tight lines
Kevin

#85091 - 01/20/00 11:32 AM Re: Worms
Buddy Page Offline
Alevin

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Yes, They definitely work. Just like pink worms, I've fished them alone under a float and on jigs and drifted them with areofly's rags, etc. Try'em when everyone else is tossing eggs and shrimp in the combat ones.

#85092 - 01/20/00 12:30 PM Re: Worms
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
I have really good luck using "Terrestrials" aka "Garden Hackle" when the rivers start to color up after the first good spring rain. Fished tight to the bank, and in the brush, they can be killer. Also work good on some of the late fish in really deep eddy type holes. A little tip that works for me is to put a little chartreuse and flame yarn under a snell, then hook the garden hackle through the collar, and use a very light split shot about 20 inches up the main line. If there is a metal head lurking in a shadowy area of the hole, hang on, as they will whack the snot out of it. Doesn't hurt to use an inflator or hypodermic to pump a little air in them, and make them buoyant. Tight Lines

#85093 - 01/23/00 02:10 AM Re: Worms
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Eastsound, WA, USA
You guys are nuts! Winter runs don't touch worms!

(*wink*)

#85094 - 01/24/00 11:09 AM Re: Worms
Steelheader boy Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia Wa.
fishem nice and slow with a small peice of pink yarn .... hang on tight..I've found these work a little better on smaller rivers ,presentation is everything

------------------
Tight Lines
<*)>><

#85095 - 01/24/00 12:08 PM Re: Worms
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
Nightcrawlers kick ass on steelhead.... I love using them for late winter fish. late febuary through march and into april. They seem to work best after a little rain.
When I was about 14 a frind and I rode our bikes to the shell hole on the Coquille river On Oregons south coast. This hole is right in town so it was an easy bike ride. It was saturday and there were some other guys there. My friend pulls out a dozen worms he bought the day before, This ne ole guy just laughed and said " you boys must be out for trouts" Well guess who got in the last laugh??? We did. 7 hook ups later and 4 bonked steelhead. Now I look back and realize why they worked so well. The fish had been pounded on with eggs and spinners etc. Nightcrawlers were just something different and natural. The steelhed couldnt resist them.
Oh yea, hold on tight when you use them, Steelhead take em hard!!!!!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, wolverine), 1081 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |