Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#857531 - 09/16/13 12:33 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: Dogfish]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Guess I'll drive to town......see what the 28th Street area looks like.....I'll take a few pic's.

Port of GH, was suppose to make upgrades to 28th launch and area......don't think it happened.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#857569 - 09/16/13 02:38 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: DrifterWA]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Did drive to town.....and take a "lookie Lou"...

1. Train had road blocked, comming past the Port of GH Office.....must have been for awhile.....only 3 rigs parked on that stretch of the road.

2. Drove around to 28th Street....tow rigs/boat trailers, were parked along both sides of the road and in some kind of parking lot....this was a Monday, weekend would/could be a "real bitch".

3. Picture shows, looking West.....toward Hoquiam River....lot's of boats BUT I've seen many more, in the past.

Edited by DrifterWA (09/16/13 02:39 PM)

#857573 - 09/16/13 02:55 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: Dogfish]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Not from me or to me anyway. Not much showing but at the front of the early morning incoming Chinook showed for a hour or so then faded away. Just not much showing above water in the mid reach S Monte down. Hopefully the 101 bridge guys got some.

Edit: Yup the 28th St bunch got fish.

Edited by Rivrguy (09/16/13 05:16 PM)

#857628 - 09/16/13 05:32 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: Rivrguy]
Wacenturion Offline
Parr

Thanks for the reports as well as the picture Drifter.

Edited by Wacenturion (09/16/13 05:33 PM)

#857711 - 09/16/13 09:42 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: Wacenturion]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
Headin out this weekend. Early wind reports show some wind this weekend, hopefully that changes. Do any of you guys run from 28th st to the south johns river channel? Wondering how far it is and how well the channel is marked. Always launched at johns river but would like to be able to retreat and fish 28th st area if the wind shows up. Runnin a super vee. Thanks.

#857714 - 09/16/13 09:57 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: stlhdr42]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Opening day for the marine area.... and NO FISH CHECKERS on duty.

Ditto tomorrow.

[Bleeeeep!]!

Region 6.... hello?

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#857715 - 09/16/13 09:58 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Didn't realize that jay eff see is now part of the PP filter.... [Bleeeeep!]!

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#857736 - 09/16/13 11:57 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: Dogfish]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

As this thread is about fishing and not bitching I am not posting the QIN schedule or modeling results here. That said the information is posted with a link to the QIN in the FTC thread.

#857743 - 09/17/13 12:37 AM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: stlhdr42]
banki Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Montesano, WA
Originally Posted By: stlhdr42
Headin out this weekend. Early wind reports show some wind this weekend, hopefully that changes. Do any of you guys run from 28th st to the south johns river channel? Wondering how far it is and how well the channel is marked. Always launched at johns river but would like to be able to retreat and fish 28th st area if the wind shows up. Runnin a super vee. Thanks.

Nobody runs there, about hour run, and marked well with pilings and logs.

#857749 - 09/17/13 01:47 AM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: banki]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Anyone curious about the planned netting schedule? It boils down to this....

beginning Sunday Sept 30, Q = QIN nets and W = WA State nets

9/30 = Q
10/1 = Q
2 = Q
6 = Q
7 = Q
8 = Q
9 = Q
11 = W
13 = Q
14 = Q
15 = Q
16 = Q
17 = Q
20 = Q
21 = Q
22 = Q
24 = W
25 = W
28 = W
11/1
4 = W
5 = W
6 = W
10 = W
11 = W
12 = W
13 = Q
14 = Q
15 = Q
16 = Q
17 = Q
18 = Q
19 = Q
20 = Q
21 = Q
22 = Q

13 net-free days in all of Oct, and 5 net-free days in Nov thru the 22nd

Time your Chehalis adventures accordingly.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#857753 - 09/17/13 02:39 AM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: eyeFISH]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
So tell me why I should even buy a license to fish October through November? To fish with an unfair advantage bought with my money? It's flat out scumbag nation doing what they want. Screw the treaty, I say we all invest in some hay and dump it in the River above the nets. Maybe take out the white boys nets in the process.

Sorry about the crude language. It's just unfair. Unethical and all around messed up. Especially for bank fisherman like me.

I feel like when I go to buy gear I find myself thinking about the "risk" reward of it all. I put gear back on the shelves with the thought "yeah, I could buy some more spinners, and what not, but the nets will be in so what's the point"? I spend a boat load of money, and get shafted by nets. Talk about poor management on the states level.

#857771 - 09/17/13 09:49 AM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: jgreen]
jason m Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: pierce county, WA
Hope the local economy won't miss my $500-$1000, I would have spent this year. How many other folks will be "taking their money elsewhere"? I'll probably put a hundred in a piggy bank every time I would go fishing but decide not to because of mismanaged fisheries then use that money for an out of state fishing trip to alaska.

#857779 - 09/17/13 10:43 AM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: jason m]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Pissed????????????

I suggest calls/emails to the following people....

Phil Anderson.......Has major problems with "sport fishermen", needs to be replaced.

Ron Warren, Region 6, Fish Manager......speaks with "forked tongue", can look you in the eye, and out and out lie to you. Needs to be replaced

Curt Hughes, Region 6 Bio., His job is to "work the model" so that the figures come out the way Region 6 wants them to. His model has been found to have many "flaws", but Region 6 continues to "feel around in the dark" for numbers to justify a commercial fishery for about 20 Gill net fishermen.......while thousands of "in river sport fishermen", get to fish above all the nets.........grrrrrrrrrrrr......Needs to have his "computer taken away from him"

Barb McClellan, Bio........Has gotten way more decision making power, than 4-5 years ago......not a good sign for sports.

Region 6 has major problems, from rivers NOT making spawning numbers to the out and out putting 20 gillnetters, some just parttime, over the thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$$ spending sportspeople. Heads need to roll, change needs to happen........

#857807 - 09/17/13 02:09 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: DrifterWA]
jason m Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: pierce county, WA
it's probably well past the time to try and resolve the problem within the problematic system... this is nothing new, everyone reaches their breaking point and I've had enough. I'll send my letters and encourage others to do so.

You would think that if enough sport fishermen indicated they would be spending their money for out of state fishing opportunity - perhaps some change might be set in motion???

#857821 - 09/17/13 02:47 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: jason m]
Wacenturion Offline
Parr

Sad.......knowing the department, their data is probably wishful thinking to make it come out the way the individual(s) doing the manipulartion wants it to come out.

Science it is not..........anybody with common sense could see with those netting schedules on a river as narrow as the Chehalis it no more than resource rape...period!

Edited by Wacenturion (09/17/13 10:25 PM)

#857824 - 09/17/13 02:59 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: jason m]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

11:45 a.m.---9/17/2013

Went for a drive, 28th Street has more activity than yesterday....because I don't fish the Columbia, the ocean, or other "deep water" areas, I forget how big of boats come to the harbor to fish. Some very big boats, along with some very small boats launched at 28th Street.

Went to the airport for breakfast. Stopped at the end of the airport runway, and watched the boats fishing that area......never saw a net out while I was there.

On the way thru Hoquiam, saw LOT'S of tow rigs and boat trailers, parked all over the place, so I went looking for a boat launch........didn't have to look far.......wet road led me right to a boat launch.....about equal as far as lack of parking, like 28th street but it works.

Hope everyone fishing today, caught/catches fish....the gill net killing fields will be starting soon.........grrrrrrrrrrrrr

#857918 - 09/17/13 11:21 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: DrifterWA]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
Pissed????????????
I suggest calls/emails to the following people....

Phil Anderson.......Has major problems with "sport fishermen", needs to be replaced.

Ron Warren, Region 6, Fish Manager......speaks with "forked tongue", can look you in the eye, and out and out lie to you. Needs to be replaced

Curt Hughes, Region 6 Bio., His job is to "work the model" so that the figures come out the way Region 6 wants them to. His model has been found to have many "flaws", but Region 6 continues to "feel around in the dark" for numbers to justify a commercial fishery for about 20 Gill net fishermen.......while thousands of "in river sport fishermen", get to fish above all the nets.........grrrrrrrrrrrr......Needs to have his "computer taken away from him"

Barb McClellan, Bio........Has gotten way more decision making power, than 4-5 years ago......not a good sign for sports.

Region 6 has major problems, from rivers NOT making spawning numbers to the out and out putting 20 gillnetters, some just parttime, over the thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$$ spending sportspeople. Heads need to roll, change needs to happen........

Other than all of the misleading, backdooring, playing dumb, and outright lying................

The one thing all four of them are good at is "cooking the books!"

#858006 - 09/18/13 03:08 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: fish4brains]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Well here goes. Strong tides and about a two hours of very bad stained water on the incoming. About 1 1/2 hours into the incoming I saw Chinook but only for about an hour then nothing. At 28th St yesterday one of the guys counted 59 rigs and 18 fish. Enforcement visited me and said it was about two fish a boat at Johns River two days ago. Joe fished John yesterday got a couple of Chinook but most did not do that well. Water temp at low slack was 65.7 which is a three degree drop over two days but went up to 66.8 on the incoming.

Thats all folks!

Edited by Rivrguy (09/18/13 05:02 PM)

#858022 - 09/18/13 04:44 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: Rivrguy]
Wacenturion Offline
Parr

Thanks for the update..........

#858066 - 09/18/13 07:39 PM Re: Chehalis Fishing Reports [Re: Wacenturion]
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

stopped at 28th launch and fish checker said 40 boats 12 kings 18 coho ..that was at 3:30pm

mainly region 6

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |