LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86235 - 02/17/00 11:18 PM YOUR LITTLE CLICK!!!
Slayer Offline
Alevin

Loc: Shelton,Wash.
I have tried to ask several ? and havent been answered.Is this sight just for people who know eachother or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#86236 - 02/17/00 11:30 PM Re: YOUR LITTLE CLICK!!!
Crayfin Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Beaverton
EASY FELLA!!! Mabye they were questions no one had the answers for. I never had any problem when I started unless I was asking about a great/secret spot to fish. Then it falls on deaf ears!! Technique and generalities usually get good responses. I dont know.....got many enemies?

Crayfin

#86237 - 02/18/00 12:32 AM Re: YOUR LITTLE CLICK!!!
potter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Pacific Beach, WA, USA
Looks like your last topic on shimano problems had 5 replies?

[This message has been edited by potter (edited 02-17-2000).]

#86238 - 02/18/00 11:35 AM Re: YOUR LITTLE CLICK!!!
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
Slayer,
I don't personnaly know anybody on this page, but I sure have gotten a lot of helpful information from here. Sometimes I'll get just a response or two, sometimes 20. Think it just depends on the time and the topic. I think the hotter the fishin' the fewer the posts......everyone is on their favoriter rive at those times.

Tight Lines!

#86239 - 02/18/00 12:19 PM Re: YOUR LITTLE CLICK!!!
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Slayer,
I`ve asked questions seeking advise a few times, (being new to steelheading I need all the help I can get)..*L*.
Matter of fact, I even had one guy offer to take me out and show me a few things a couple Saturdays ago, unfortunately I got lost and missed the opportunity. I can`t blame him for being a little upset so I`m back to learning the hard way, asking advise and experimentation, but I`ve gotten good help from the folks on this board and hopefully will continue to do so.

#86240 - 02/19/00 12:37 PM Re: YOUR LITTLE CLICK!!!
Steelheader boy Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia Wa.
Hey Slayer chill bro.You post a topic and people reply , I never heard back from you on your reel problem hope you got it taken care of.It all depends on the subject ,as to the feed back,so be carefull what you wish for you might have opened a tub of 2 week old sandshrimp here,most of the people on this site are more than helpful,do remember fish are easier to understand than some people...so try and keep a good atitude....

------------------
Tight Lines
<*)>><------FISH ON!!!

#86241 - 02/19/00 07:44 PM Re: YOUR LITTLE CLICK!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

This Board has the most active, most knowledgeable steelheaders in the country on it. Believe me, I've checked -- and read -- all the others and Bob definitely has built the 'Field of Dreams' for salmonids.

It amazes me that some of the newer people on the Board don't get answers to their first couple of posts and then say 'You guys are all jerks' or something to that effect. I think their next few posts get ignored and they leave (or maybe wisely re-register and lose the attitude).

Suggestion: before you ask that burning question, click on the option to 'Show all topics over the past year' and scroll down. It will take a couple hours to read (and print out for future reference) the most active threads on topics that may be of interest to you. That's probably why posts of the 'What's your favorite reel/ rod/ line/ jig color?' sometimes don't get much play -- they were addressed only a couple of weeks previously and everyone who had anything to say said it then.

You've also got a couple of other options. If you find someone whose posts you like, Bob has an option where you can read all that person's submissions. (Hint: the professional guides' comments -- starting with Bob -- are usually worth reading. 'Robbo' is another, and ''JohnnyCoho' -- new to the board -- will be another to monitor, as is 'Potter'). Of course there are about a dozen more folks who really know what they're doing and share enormous amounts of information on techniques and tackle. I catch more fish as a result of their taking the time to make a post.

Finally, about half the users put their contact email addresses into their profiles. If you ask them a question directly, you might find you get a personalized response. [Maybe not -- Bill Herzog isn't replying to my emails any more. I suspect he's busy at work and gets a lot of 'steelheader spam'. But I haven't burned Bill's books because he doesn't write back -- that's his option. A couple of other famous fishing guides/ writers amazingly DO write back every time, and these guys will share some wonderful stuff if you're polite.]

Despite all this, people also have to realize that 'Where are they biting?' is not a reasonable question.

#86242 - 02/20/00 09:32 PM Re: YOUR LITTLE CLICK!!!
CNR Offline
Fry

Loc: Snoqualmie
Wise words Snagly.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 158 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |