Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86631 - 03/08/99 09:21 PM Flyfishing Work
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, my name is Josh and I am 17. This summer I am looking for work in the Flyfishing industry, anywhere in the western U.S. including Alaska.
-Jobs I am interested in-
1.Work in a Fly Shop or Lodge.
2.Assistant Guiding.
3.Production of Flyfishing stuff.
If you can help please E-Mail me at- KSStrand@aol.com

#86632 - 02/21/00 02:30 AM Re: Flyfishing Work
borialis Offline
Egg

Loc: petersburg, ak
you might want to check out this site. i sometimes see positions relating to guiding.
http://www.jobs.state.ak.us/

jason

#86633 - 02/24/00 01:28 AM Re: Flyfishing Work
Bigwood Offline
Egg

Loc: Raymond, WA
Josh,
There's a company who runs a guide school out of Livingston, Montana I believe they can be contacted through Sweetwater Travel
(try punching it in on your browser). At the end of the session they do job placement. I've got a friend who's guided for years and now runs a taimen camp in Mongolia who has helped out with this program in the past. Anyhow, they had a brochure at the Seattle Sportsman's Expo advertising it. If you don't have any luck over the net leave your e-mail here and I'll get you in touch with my friend. Good luck.

#86634 - 02/28/00 03:06 PM Re: Flyfishing Work
FLYGUY Offline
Parr

Loc: Bellingham, Washington, United...
Hey, thanks alot for the response. I wrote that message about a year ago, so when it popped up to the top of the list I thought it was a little strange. As you can see my new username is FLYGUY.

Even though I wrote that message a year ago, I am once again looking for a summer flyfishing job. Last year I got alot of help from Robbo, but unfortanetly things just didnt work out.

Currently I am working at H&H Outdoor Sports in Bellingham. I am now 18 and a senior so I wont have the tie down this summer of being under my parents control, and having to be back to Bellingham for school.

Ill look into that site Bigwood thanks for the help. If anyone else could supply information to an 18 year old that wants to find a lodge to start guiding through your help would be very appreciated. My emai address is JStrand50@Hotmail.com

thanks- Josh

[This message has been edited by FLYGUY (edited 02-28-2000).]

#86635 - 02/28/00 04:05 PM Re: Flyfishing Work
AkBill Offline
Juvenille at Sea

You could try searching for and then e-mailing remote lodges in Alaska. You probably wouldn't start out as a guide, but you might get your foot in the door.

#86636 - 02/28/00 06:09 PM Re: Flyfishing Work
Land Tuna Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kirkland Wa USA
You might want to try West Yellowstone, MT too. This town is surounded by more flyfishing than any place I've ever lived in. There are 6 flyshops in a town of about 600 folks and seems like about a third of them are guides or have been guides. Think your best chance is to get a job in one of the shops in sales and work your way into a guide job. There are guides that leave at the end of August for other work. Fishing gets real busy in the fall and I think if you prove yourself working in a shop there might be a chance for you to finish out the year guiding. Plus your flyfishing skills should really improve fishing the Henerys fork, the Madison, Hebgan Lake Gulpers and the rivers inside Yellowstone park. There isn't anything like it or difficult here in Washington that I know about.
Good Luck!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1040 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645363 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |