Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86899 - 03/02/00 03:43 PM Re: Guns on the Hoh
AkBill Offline
Juvenille at Sea

SBC, so you condone carrying guns on the rivers. Fine.

And I'm not gonna get mad about your fantasies about my wearing skirts. But I'm sure you can find a chatroom more appropriate than this one for discussing your fettishes. Good bye.

#86900 - 03/02/00 03:59 PM Re: Guns on the Hoh
T Dodge Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
There is nothing about fishing in Washington that requires firearms. The animal population is no threat. In my lifetime, I've never heard of an angler being attacked by much more than mosquitoes. When was the last time an angler was even bitten by a rattlesnake over on the east side? This isn't Alaska, no matter how much one may wish it were. The only reason to carry a gun on a Washington river while fishing is the perceived human threat. You put enough of these attitudes, fears and guns together and inevitably someone is going to do something stupid sooner or later. There is no amount of "low-holing," "corking," infraction of one's perceived rules of fishing etiquette, or legally keeping native fish (or even illegally keeping), that justifies the use or the threat of using deadly force. If you think that there is, you are just wrong. This string ought to be removed before some anti-gun nut prints it out and uses it as Exhibit 1 in support of some anti-gun initiative.

#86901 - 03/02/00 04:22 PM Re: Guns on the Hoh
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Pasco, WA
Ya better pack a lunch, Akbill, you little twerp....Just kiddin'...I don't carry my pistol in the boat, just the .300 Mag in case I see a 160 lb. yellow house cat prowlin' around. It's a personal choice if someone wants to pack their pistol with them. But if the only reason you're packin' is to deal with a conflict with another fisherman, no matter how anal they behave, the possibility is there for someone to get killed. At least leave them hurt at pull out without a couple of 9mm holes in them.

[This message has been edited by backlash2 (edited 03-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by backlash2 (edited 03-02-2000).]

#86902 - 03/02/00 08:37 PM Re: Guns on the Hoh
FishinZombie Offline
Egg

Loc: AK, now WA
Just usually lurk, but had to say something. Born in AK and living up there for 20 years, I experienced why you carry -- bears, moose, wolverine, etc. Now that I live in WA, I don't really see a need to carry until now. I'm a big believer in the 2nd amendment, but the assholes (wit45cal and grumpyr) are just as bad as those dicks who brandish guns on the river. As a physician assistant, I've diagnosed you two before -- paranoid schizophrenics!!!

[This message has been edited by FishinZombie (edited 03-02-2000).]

#86903 - 03/02/00 09:09 PM Re: Guns on the Hoh
Dick Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Sequim WA
I'll bet those people back in Penn. that was shot in Mc D's wish some one had a GUN on them !!!

------------------
Tight Lines!!

#86904 - 03/02/00 10:03 PM Re: Guns on the Hoh
joe Offline
Parr

Loc: Port Townsend, WA
Bob
You should close this thread before someone gets shot. I feel alot of itchy triger fingers in here

#86905 - 03/02/00 10:52 PM Re: Guns on the Hoh
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
I'm still trying to visualize "whirled peas";
now, you're telling me I need to purchase a bullet-proof fishing vest and put blood type and next of kin info on my fishing license.
These are crazy times we're living in, when the best fishing tip of the day is-- Get your will updated!!!

#86906 - 03/02/00 11:28 PM Re: Guns on the Hoh
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Orygun
Quote:
Originally posted by FishinZombie:
Just usually lurk, but had to say something. Born in AK and living up there for 20 years, I experienced why you carry -- bears, moose, wolverine, etc. Now that I live in WA, I don't really see a need to carry until now. I'm a big believer in the 2nd amendment, but the assholes (wit45cal and grumpyr) are just as bad as those dicks who brandish guns on the river. As a physician assistant, I've diagnosed you two before -- paranoid schizophrenics!!!

[This message has been edited by FishinZombie (edited 03-02-2000).]

Now I am offended. Not only an asshole but a paranoid schizophrenic to boot. Does that mean I am sure that everyone is out to get both of me?
I guess you were absent the day they covered diagnostic skills in your P.A. course at, where was that again, ITT Tech? Oh well, maybe your P. should get a new A.
Later, GRUMPYR

[This message has been edited by grumpyr (edited 03-02-2000).]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

#86907 - 03/02/00 11:42 PM Re: Guns on the Hoh
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Sorry everyone ... this one is getting away from a discussion and turning into name calling ... thread closed.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |