Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#87464 - 03/05/00 10:01 AM blackmouth
Yahoo Offline
Parr

Loc: Hansville ,Wa. U.S.A.
Hey guys, Yahoo here. Well since blackmouth has opened the fishing at my house(point no point)has been really dead!! Their hasnt been really any bait to speak of, and the fish that are occasionally being caught are just shakers anyway. So, I would like to here some reports from other areas, just to make sure that the blackmouth still exsist. Also dont worry about me stealing your spot, I live right on the beach at the point and launch my 10ft livingston off my beach, so i wont be going too far. And another thing, has anybody seen the WDFW site concerning the upcoming season for salmon this year. It is saying that it looks pretty bleak. The numbers are down(how do they get these numbers hmmmmm) so in turn they are gonna start more restrictions. Now I will tell you one thing, if us sport fisherman start getting more and more restricted but yet the indians just keep on netting these rivers for salmon im gonna [Bleeeeep!] myself. If it ever gets this bad the only way i can see the government taking action is for an absolute revolt by sport fisherman(the true fish management team in my mind)againsy indian netting in the rivers!!! Now if lets say 500-1000 people got together on the river bank at lets say the Quilliyute river and stopped the indians from netting, maybe this would bring some attention to the atrosities that are happening right before our eyes!!!!! P.S. sorry about the swear word but I have truly had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#87465 - 03/05/00 01:36 PM Re: blackmouth
the doctor Offline
Egg

Loc: tukwila, wa.
give me a break. if one percent of the population could catch 50 percent of the fish on the green river in friendly TUKWILA, dwight and i would feed half of skipper's. imagine, fresh salmon and chips for 99 cents. 2/3 being cost of patoto. ban all nets...

#87466 - 03/06/00 01:58 PM Re: blackmouth
SEADOG Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Clinton, Wa
Yahoo, The blackmouth report from my end which is straight east of you on Possesion hasnt been on fire but it hasnt been slow either. Yestarday was the first day out not comming back with a fish. It was blowing and there and I saw more boats trying to fish the east side to stay out of the weather than Ive seen in along time. I never saw anyone boat a fish. 95% of the fish Ive taken this year have been right at the slack. West near Scatchet bouy on the high and east near the Possesion can on the low.
I also havent seen much bait around. As for shackers Ive had my share but not near as many as there have been in the past.
Good luck

#87467 - 03/07/00 09:08 AM Re: blackmouth
Current Drifter Offline
Smolt

Loc: Seattle, WA King
I was out Wednesday last (1 March) and it was spooky. I thought the areas fished were closed. Hit the Oil docks and Skatchet Head at the end of a mild flood, then PNP, and a last drop at Kingston on the ebb. Saw only one other boat trolling fast going north at PNP. I know I'm retired and lucky enough to get out during the week, but not seeing boats didn't bode well - neither did a 12-18kt southeaster. Well, I usually manage to hold my own, but my buddy and I came up empty that day. Guess the non-boats were telling us something. It was the PM - but the ebb at the Point was 9ft and the drift felt good -especially at the Winter Hole. Will probably try again this week closer to home (Shilshole).

#87468 - 03/12/00 03:16 AM Re: blackmouth
ExtraStout Offline
Fry

Loc: Kirkland, WA. USA
Anyone see any hot blackmouth action today (or past few days)? Finding bait seems to be the big challenge over the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping it improves soon. Appreciate any info, especially for area 8-2.

------------------
ExtraStout

#87469 - 03/12/00 02:09 PM Re: blackmouth
Fishin Farmgirl Offline
Smolt

Loc: Anchorage, AK
My "ears on the water" for the South Sound (areas 13 & 11) are zippo!!! Apparently the bait there has been on the move!!!

According to F&H News for Dalco, you've gotta burn some fuel to follow the bait around to pick up any decent fish in the 90-130 foot range!!!

Good luck and good fishin'!

P.S. I'm worried about the new regs too!!! REALLY worried!!! I FINALLY had a good season last year for Chinook, biggest was 38#, and I'll be darned if I want to see that taken away!!!

L

------------------
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds!" Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Fishin Farmgirl (edited 03-12-2000).]

#87470 - 03/12/00 11:50 PM Re: blackmouth
Jack Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Gig Harbor
Went to Pt. Defiance today at first light. Got 6 to the boat but they were too small so I had to let them go. Didn't get any keepers but it was good to see some Blackmouth there. Didn't see any others boated but I wasn't looking very closely either. The baitfish were there but not in huge numbers.
Jack

#87471 - 03/14/00 12:50 AM Re: blackmouth
scotty Offline
Parr

Loc: Bellingham, WA, USA
I didn't go out because of the weather forecast on Saturday, but a couple frinds braved the heavy chop and had good luck at Eagle Bluff/Obstruction Pass. Onr friend and his brother were at Little Sucia (Hummer Hole) and says he picked up a 24#er, brother had one about 12#. Sounds like the north end of area 7 is the place to fish.
A bunch of us are heading to Vernon Bay in Alberni Inlet this weekend, sure hope the weather holds out.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 158 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |