Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#873428 - 12/04/13 11:02 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Originally Posted By: 2MANY

Unions have been over paying their members for years.
The recent economy reset the pay scale for them.
The economy is cylindrical and right now the sphere is rolling over union employees.
I hope they are wearing all their personal protective gear.

Unions don't pay their members. Members pay their union dues. Obviously you've had too many.

Where is Steelie Drew? Come back. I told you nobody on the dark side cares.

#873680 - 12/05/13 11:30 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#873724 - 12/06/13 08:39 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Boeing said these are the new rules, the union said no they aren't, we make the rules.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#875095 - 12/14/13 08:22 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Originally Posted By: stam
The best thing that the rank and file could do with the union leadership is to drag them all down to the Duwamish waterway and hold their heads under water until the bubbles stop.

Silly Stam. Didn't you know that the union leadership has gills and can breathe underwater?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#875130 - 12/14/13 02:51 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Jerry Garcia]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
I don't think they should blow up the union leaders houses. Who ever said such a thing?

Second chance? We don't need a second chance we already told you GTFO here!

It is much better to have a pension and no job than to have the $15K +++ . Anyhow Obamacare looks much better than that crappy health plan. GFY's Boeing!

Edited by GutZ (12/14/13 02:54 PM)
Edit Reason: added more sarcasm

#875183 - 12/15/13 01:36 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
fred evans Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: White City, Oregon
Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
It would be interesting to know if the members would now vote for the original offer. Maybe they realize they overplayed their hand.

As a long retired member of Sr. Management (not here) I've been following this thread with 'interest.' The strong 'pro-union' people have long lost sight of a single fact of life. The 'value of your work input has to exceed what you're being paid.' That difference is called 'gross profit' and that's what pays ALL the bills. Net profit is why/how you stay in business; otherwise ... what's the point?

Is a CEO worth the money? In some cases I'd strongly suggest not. But what is the end cost if he/she makes a really bad choice? What is the cost if you make a blunder on the job? In the first case , potentially millions, in your case 'just go get another part' from supplies?

Folks, you do not 'own a job' unless you're self employed, which also means every day you wake up you're unemployed. Don't believe me? Ask a commissioned sales person .......

Just for Jollies, how many Union Contracts (and at what cost) does Boeing have to contend with? This one says this, that one says that, this guy/gal can't fill in at a different position when needed, etc.

To make a point: 'How many 'white collar' jobs are unionized? And why not?

#878271 - 01/03/14 07:08 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: fred evans]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Wonder how the vote will turn out today?

Surprised that Inslee didn't offer up WA State to cover their pensions?
<sarcasm inserted>

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#878299 - 01/03/14 09:37 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: NOFISH]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

I'd like to go on record, before the votes are counted...

Win or lose, I hope Drew comes back. I know the decision is important, particularly to him, but it isn't worth fighting over.

I'd like to be the first to tip my hat to him.

Edited by JTD (01/03/14 09:40 PM)
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#878301 - 01/03/14 10:00 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Screw em. laugh

- Albert Einstein.

#878315 - 01/03/14 11:18 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
Jermz Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Everott
Originally Posted By: JTD

I'd like to go on record, before the votes are counted...

Win or lose, I hope Drew comes back. I know the decision is important, particularly to him, but it isn't worth fighting over.

I'd like to be the first to tip my hat to him.

I'm friends with Drew and work with him. I pretty sure he's not coming back. I only signed up cause of him. I have a huge friends base on Bloodydecks and they never treated me like you PP guys did to Drew.

#878317 - 01/03/14 11:28 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Jermz]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Originally Posted By: Jermz

I'm friends with Drew and work with him. I pretty sure he's not coming back. I only signed up cause of him. I have a huge friends base on Bloodydecks and they never treated me like you PP guys did to Drew.

I thought this was an internet forum not a fan club.

#878321 - 01/03/14 11:45 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: steeliedrew]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Originally Posted By: steeliedrew
[Bleeeeep!]!!! Suck my Fvcking dick.

Jermz, Drew started this thread with hopes everyone would stand with him and speak with one voice. When people voiced an opinion he didn't like, this was his response.

Nice thing about this forum is people come at you from all angles. It's a bit more thought provoking than just getting a bunch of attaboys!

Edited by wntrrn (01/03/14 11:48 PM)

#878323 - 01/03/14 11:51 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: wntrrn]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

rofl You know he's peeking...

- Albert Einstein.

#878326 - 01/04/14 12:02 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: wntrrn]
Jermz Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I'm pretty sure he wasn't looking for a atta boy.

But when you have all the union bashing and people just talkin chit to chit talk.

I knew it was a bad idea to put it on here. It's like talking about religion. Never a good out come.

Sh!t I only know 2 or 3 peps for pp so no sweat off my sack.

#878327 - 01/04/14 12:03 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Ranty would crack me up when should would complain that someone was being mean to her rofl. She would dish out more abuse than anyone here. I remember when she said something real nasty about my Mom. grin That's when I took off the gloves and posted some pretty nasty stuff myself. crazy

Edited by Sol Duc (01/04/14 12:17 AM)

- Albert Einstein.

#878329 - 01/04/14 12:11 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Jermz]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I have a huge friends base on Bloodydecks and they never treated me like you PP guys did to Drew.

Jermz. You didnt start telling people to F^ck off on this thread, calling people Dicks, and basically become as combatative over the subject matter as Drew did. Consequently, nobody "treated" you negatively in response to anything you said one way or another. Also, many people here on PP are just the same people as on BD... . It's not one website or another that dictates how YOU are treated... more like how YOU act, and where, which makes the difference.

One real difference about PP versus other websites is that around here, if you act like a dick, idiot, or a$$hole, there's a horde of people here who will gladly point it out.

#878334 - 01/04/14 12:27 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Sky-Guy]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
+1

Don't be overtly "stupid" here or it'll be handed right back 100 fold. Drew waded into the deep end of the pool where the sharks swim and got bit.

#878342 - 01/04/14 12:39 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Sky-Guy]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Apparently, and unfortunately, in this case it sounds like anger will prevail.

Can't say I didn't try.

#878344 - 01/04/14 12:46 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Sky-Guy]
Jermz Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
I have a huge friends base on Bloodydecks and they never treated me like you PP guys did to Drew.

Jermz. You didnt start telling people to F^ck off on this thread, calling people Dicks, and basically become as combatative over the subject matter as Drew did. Consequently, nobody "treated" you negatively in response to anything you said one way or another. Also, many people here on PP are just the same people as on BD... . It's not one website or another that dictates how YOU are treated... more like how YOU act, and where, which makes the difference.

One real difference about PP versus other websites is that around here, if you act like a dick, idiot, or a$$hole, there's a horde of people here who will gladly point it out.

Like I said I've only meet 2 or 3 from here. Sh!t I don't know you guys but on almost every issue you seem to have 50 experts on all issues.

Maybe you one of you long time pp guys could have a get together at a local watering hole. That's how I started to get know the BD crew. Since then I've Learned an incredible amount of knowledge from the guys I know.

It just looks bad when you see all the bashing. I'm find with a good ribbing. I have thick skin.

#878346 - 01/04/14 12:48 AM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
Jermz Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Originally Posted By: JTD

Apparently, and unfortunately, in this case it sounds like anger will prevail.

Can't say I didn't try.

I think it's cool you gave a effort. But these are tough times for us Boeing workers.

Who knows he might come back. I'm not speaking for Drew.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 319 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |