Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88004 - 03/11/00 07:12 PM Re: Gear
Scott Doherty Offline
Fry

Loc: Port Angeles, Wa.
Fishguts Swain, you sound like a salesman, I agree they do have a decent selection just don't go there looking for bargains

#88005 - 03/11/00 08:36 PM Re: Gear
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
As a co-owner of a closed sporting goods shop I think everyone would be suprised at the true prices you pay at Sportco, OE, Narrows, and the like. Don't think there are that many bargains. The biggest sales are the ones Walmart, Kmart, and Fred Meyers have. But those sales are short lived. The best think to do is shop around. Mail order if you are not in a hurry. The discount us "dealers" pay is only 10% at sportco. They don't do any favors for the small guys. As for selection, most big stores have good ones. But getting hard to find stuff is almost impossible. When my store was open, we tracked down a 20 foot, yes foot, crappie pole a guy had to have. Sportco, OE, and the Narrows couldn't do it. If anyone is looking for a hard to find item, drop an email, and I will see what I can find. I still have many contacts.

------------------
Just because I look big, dumb, and ugly, doesn't mean I am. It means I can stomp you for calling me it!

#88006 - 03/13/00 12:02 AM Re: Gear
Jack Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Gig Harbor
Big Jim, Thanks for the information it is good to know. For your info, ironically, I just saw 20 ft Crappie poles in Bass Pro Shops catalog. I think they just started selling them.
Jack

#88007 - 03/13/00 11:41 AM Re: Gear
jq Offline
Fry

Loc: evt usa
b. gray
thanks for info, went down to salmon bay. nice shop to keep in mind.

#88008 - 03/13/00 03:04 PM Re: Gear
Scott Doherty Offline
Fry

Loc: Port Angeles, Wa.
Big Jim, I can't speak for anyone but myself but when it comes to tackle I usually know exactly what I want and I go get it, I don't waste my time shopping the Walmarts-Kmarts-FM's like you mentioned because rarely do they have what I'm looking for on sale, also , you ever price corkies, Maxima line, hotshots just to mention a few things at those stores, even when those things go on sale they can't compete with Sportco. As for the small tackle shop owner I mentioned above, he loaded up on hotshots that were marked 3.99 minus his 10% dealer discount he paid about 3.60 each, the next day his store was selling hotshots for 5.19 and up, should I pay $2.00 more for his "fishing knowledge" I don't think so.

#88009 - 03/13/00 03:15 PM Re: Gear
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I need to second whoever said Sportees in Redmond has some assholes working there. I used to work over near there and every time I went in they were complete jackoffs who acted like they were doing you a favor to answer a question or shoot the poop. Just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

#88010 - 03/14/00 05:05 PM Re: Gear
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
The Delta Park G.I.Joe's in Portland has got the best prices and selection in the area as far as I am concerned. Talk to Bob he really knows his stuff. Also they will beat the prices of the big store next door by 10%. If you are dowm south give it a try you may be suprised. HAPPY FISHING & KEEP THE RIVERS CLEAN

------------------
dank

#88011 - 03/24/00 01:32 PM Re: Gear
salmontackler Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sunny Salmontackler Acres
Hmm, is worth spending $7.00 on gas to save $1.50 on a plug? It seems many people here think so, unless you plan on spending $200 on corkies and plugs, traveling to these big discounters doesn't save any money. I always try to support the smaller local shops, if I have to pay 12 cents for a corky instead of 10 cents big deal. Most of time the prices on the bigger items like rods and reels are the same or even lower at the smaller shops. Why would I go to OE to buy a shimano reel and a Loomis rod for the same price or even more than I could at a smaller local shop(BTW, smaller shops are generally more willing to cut a little deal with you on bigger purchases) The smaller shops are usually a more pleasant experience, and I find that the local knowledge and reports to be very helpfull.

[This message has been edited by salmontackler (edited 03-24-2000).]

#88012 - 03/25/00 01:46 PM Re: Gear
Griz Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar, WA, USA
One of my favorite places to go is GI Joes and Fishermans Marine in Portland.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (darth baiter), 364 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |