Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88276 - 03/08/00 10:45 AM Vision Hooks
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Do any of you fish Vision Hooks? There about 1/2 the price of gammy's,stronger than gammy's and definetly as sharp right out of the box. they sell more hooks to guides in Wa. state then any other manufacture. Check em out. Peace

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#88277 - 03/08/00 10:51 AM Re: Vision Hooks
TJN Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tulalip, Wa
I've heard a lot of great things about Vision hooks, talked to the guys at the ISE in Seattle and one big guy even gave my some samples which I really liked, but I cannot find them in any tackle shops! Where can I find these hooks?

#88278 - 03/08/00 12:10 PM Re: Vision Hooks
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
Ill agree on the price thing...But No way are they sharper and Ive never lost a fish cause the Gammys broke or bent! If your giving the guides the hooks coarse there gonna fish em. Lets tell em they can have either one free! Then lets see which hook they choose! Remember your a salsmen trying to sell your product, A car salesman will tell ya the same line...If thats what it takes to make a sale. MONEY DOSENT MATTER!!! if your consistantly hooking fish. especially 25 cents...

#88279 - 03/08/00 12:53 PM Re: Vision Hooks
Crayfin Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Beaverton
Salesman sure, but I have heard that they are great hooks @ half the price. I actually used some last weekend and I thought there were pretty damn good! Of course I spent hours and hours sharpening my Lazer Sharps for years!!

#88280 - 03/08/00 12:57 PM Re: Vision Hooks
LoomisMan Offline
Parr

Loc: Western Washington
Gammys are great hooks.If they have been working for you stick with them! Unless the price is an issue.

[This message has been edited by LoomisMan (edited 03-08-2000).]

#88281 - 03/08/00 01:02 PM Re: Vision Hooks
potter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Pacific Beach, WA, USA
Some of the Quinault guides have been using them and are very pleased!

#88282 - 03/08/00 01:07 PM Re: Vision Hooks
dyedprawns Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: chehalis wa
anyone who thinks that the vision hook isnt as sharp as a gammy is wrong. i know for a fact that guides do not get given the vision product, they pay for them, also check out their swivels, by far better than the rosco. they are extremely fast and once again that price is definately within reason. but my guess would be the price will stay down as an introductory deal and will be more expensive as time goes on and popularity grows. dont think that because you pay less for a product that it isn't good. loomis rods for example arent necessarily the best just because of their high dollar marketing and retail prices.

#88283 - 03/08/00 01:11 PM Re: Vision Hooks
thefishnfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: Mt. Vernon
I heard that vision hooks are gammy 2nd's! So if that is true then they are the same thing. Heard that they are also coming out with a line of fly hooks, can't wait.

#88284 - 03/08/00 10:21 PM Re: Vision Hooks
dawhunt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washougal
I live in washougal,wa. and shop at G I Joes
and Fisherman marine supply and have never seen a vision hook.let alone a swivel by that name.But I've tried other hooks and always come back to gammies.they are the best...

------------------
Bob Dawson

#88285 - 03/09/00 01:17 AM Re: Vision Hooks
Erik Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: North of Seattle/ South of For...
I do have to agree that they are a good hook at half the price. whether they are better than Gamakatsu or not is debatable. I fish spinners more than anything else and will pay any amount for good swivels. Vision's are the best, no question. Just one question Joe (AKA Superfly), when you make a post like that why don't you come right out and say that you are the "Product Manager" for Vision Hooks and Tackle?

#88286 - 03/10/00 03:02 PM Re: Vision Hooks
CHROMEDOMEHUNTER Offline
Fry

Loc: tacoma,Wa.
I fished with them yesterday and they suck.Have you ever straightened out a 2/0 Gammy with 10# leader or have the tip break off when snagged on a log.Well it happened to me with Vision hooks yesterday.Also we hooked 9 fish and only landed 4.I know that happens,but the other things made me think these hooks were a contributing factor in losing so many fish.--- TIGHT LINES---

#88287 - 03/10/00 03:20 PM Re: Vision Hooks
Fishin Farmgirl Offline
Smolt

Loc: Anchorage, AK
I haven't used the hooks, but I DID notice them in the CABELA'S catalogue!!!

I stick with Gammies on the rivers...on the salt, I usually use Gammies too for double hook and single hook setups. Otherwise I use commercial trebles!!!

L

------------------
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds!" Albert Einstein

#88288 - 03/10/00 04:11 PM Re: Vision Hooks
tvhosts Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA USA
We've used Gammi's and Vision both on our TV show. We switched from Gammi's to Vision after the Gammi's on our John's Jigs kept breaking and we've never broken a Vision hook. That isn't exactly a scientific experiment, just our experience. And no, we didn't switch to Vision because they are a sponsor of our TV show....we were using Vision hooks BEFORE we approached them for a sponsorship.

Kevin
Fisherman's Heaven http://www.fishermansheaven.com

#88289 - 03/10/00 04:12 PM Re: Vision Hooks
Scott Doherty Offline
Fry

Loc: Port Angeles, Wa.
I'll stick with gammies till they fail me.

#88290 - 03/10/00 09:25 PM Re: Vision Hooks
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

That is the great thing about this country, your right to choose what you want to use or buy. A free Market society encourages competition,competition makes for better products, and better products are good for the consumers. I used Gammy's until I went to work for Vision, Vision Hooks gave me the opportunity to get out of the woods.(former Logger) Gammy's at this time have probably about 90% of the sportfishing market here in the northwest. Nobody is going to hurt them in anyway. All vision is doing is filling a void in the market selling a great hook for a good price and giving the consumer a break. We will continue to add products to our line such as fly hooks, bass hooks, jig hooks and of course siwash for the lure restrictions. We are also doing some oem business, which gammy dosent do much of because of there price.
As for Gammy seconds, there not, they come from a different place.
As for the guy who says they suck , he obviosly was'nt fishing visions because our tinsile strength is higher than gammys.
for every one else just try em', if you don't like em thats fine but I think you will be pleasently suprised. Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

#88291 - 03/11/00 01:19 AM Re: Vision Hooks
Scott Doherty Offline
Fry

Loc: Port Angeles, Wa.
Superfly, How does the wire diameter compare to Gammies, as a guide I've tried many hooks but I always come back to Gammies, besides the obvious of there sharpness and strength they are also made of smaller gauge wire meaning the eye is smaller which causes less damage to my baits, just curious, thanks.

#88292 - 03/13/00 01:55 AM Re: Vision Hooks
kudakid Offline
Parr

Loc: seattle,wa,usa
i like the vision hooks but the only thing i don't like about them is that the smaller hooks like the # 2's and 4's the barb and the shank are to close together so i use all the higher sizes up to 2/0's and there great so there good besides the smaller hooks they make

#88293 - 03/13/00 10:36 PM Re: Vision Hooks
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: spanaway,wash, 98387us
ok superfly, now that you bring up your sales pitch, now where in say, tacoma/spanaway will we find your vision hooks and or swivels.
i shop a lot at k-marche' and gi joe's, but have never seen them. forgot about fredy's.
so where do you sell from?

thanks elmtree.

[This message has been edited by elmtree (edited 03-13-2000).]

#88294 - 03/14/00 12:36 PM Re: Vision Hooks
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Scott, The Vision Wire diameter is a touch thicker, it dosen't seem to make any difference, All I can say is go look at them and see what you think. As for Elmtree in your area auburn sports and marine has them. Doug at great northwest fishing and archery on river road in puyallup has them, as well as fishermans den in yelm. I have an appointment with the people at sportco later in the week so look for them there soon. Other than that ask for them by name at your local dealer and that will help get them into mor places. Thanks Superfly

360-888-7772

#88295 - 03/17/00 12:06 AM Re: Vision Hooks
Huntar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima, WA
They also stock a huge selection at Barrier Dam Campground store on the Cowlitz.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1442 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |