Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#883936 - 02/04/14 07:43 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Polish Fly
Open Division

#883937 - 02/04/14 07:47 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: Direct-Drive]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
And winner of the 2014 Salmo g. excellence in photography award.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#883940 - 02/04/14 08:01 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ColeyG]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

The Open Division guys are secretive.
Photos (if any) are always low res.

#884045 - 02/05/14 05:53 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ]
metaladdiction Offline
Returning Adult

Those were tough times Luis. Wonka had no contingency for the economic downturn. Layed off all of us but one and then carbon copied him. I had to take out 2 of those Lollipop Guild munchkins to secure that store front.

I appreciate the photography award. Never considered myself worthy, but hey if Obama can get the Nobel Peace Prize I guess anything is possible.

Just set the vice up and organizing the fishing room. The Polish II is in the works. Might take a couple days though since I am going back to work tonight. grin

#884072 - 02/05/14 09:12 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Yeah, I hear ya', ya' ole reprobate. Mrs. Salmo didn't get 'er done after tennis Saturday, and Sunday was dedicated to the SB. And tonight she's at a meeting of the condo board. May come as a surprise, but this isn't her highest priority . . .

#884437 - 02/07/14 09:15 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ]
metaladdiction Offline
Returning Adult

All right guys it is time for the unveiling of the Polish II.

OR

OR

Take your pick. Gotta go to work so I have money to do what I really enjoy.

Tight Lines

#884445 - 02/07/14 09:27 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: metaladdiction]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Some major upgrades over version 1.0!

No good reason a self respecting fish wouldn't eat those. Good on ya.

Just did a quick fly shop drive by for some new feathers and fur. Picked up some silver pheasant and arctic fox each in a few shades. Looking forward to messing around with each. Also grabbed some golden pheasant tippet and amherst died orange. I have an idea for an intruder style fly that incorporates a General Practioner style and materials. Might turn out to be crap, we'll see.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#884522 - 02/08/14 12:02 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: metaladdiction]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: metaladdiction
All right guys it is time for the unveiling of the Polish II.

OR

OR

Take your pick. Gotta go to work so I have money to do what I really enjoy.

Tight Lines

Nice....look like seductive swimmers.

Hard to tell with that secretive low res, but I suspect there are some dance hall floozies missing some plumage.
That must be what the money is for ?

#884550 - 02/08/14 03:54 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: Direct-Drive]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

from photobucket:

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180...pg?t=1391892699

OK, so it copied the code associated with the photo, but where's the f'in picture? Sure glad this is easy as pie. F'it.

#884557 - 02/08/14 04:43 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
This thread needs more moon pics

#884558 - 02/08/14 04:47 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: Salmo g.]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
from photobucket:

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180...pg?t=1391892699

OK, so it copied the code associated with the photo, but where's the f'in picture? Sure glad this is easy as pie. F'it.

Hehehe...

1) Wipe the Vaseline off your lens

2) There should be several different types of code presented
Use the "Forum Code"

If there is no "Forum Code" then frame the normal code with [img]____[/img]

#884561 - 02/08/14 05:18 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: Direct-Drive]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I had Redhook help me with the macro setting . . .

I did the over the mouse over the picture waiting for the drop down menu that never happened, so I right-clicked and got a drop down menu that contains no choices that copy the fvcking picture from there to here.

I can only conclude that anyone who posts photos here has no real life with anything else to do. It took me a f'in hour-and-a-half to upload the photos off my camera - had to use my notebook computer cuz my desktop refused, even with Mrs. Salmo's assistance - then to Photobucket cuz that's so f'n much quicker than using the PP instructions. Sheesh, I'm with Strikezone, why the F bother?

#884565 - 02/08/14 05:36 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: Salmo g.]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

...why the F bother?

Because there are so many mental fukkers on here that can do this, it is now a matter of pride my good man.
I use Image Shack, but maybe a Photobucketeer can jump in and help you navigate.

#884575 - 02/08/14 07:57 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Those look great John.

Salmo g.....thanks for the long awaited pic. wink

#884576 - 02/08/14 08:06 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: stonefish]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: stonefish
Those look great John.

Salmo g.....thanks for the long awaited pic. wink

+1

Nice looking bugs.

#884577 - 02/08/14 08:13 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: stonefish]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

OK, the Orange Heron is the fuzziest close up I took, but the others are not nearly as sharp as BUs latest photos, not even by a long shot. My digital camera is a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot. My old SLR is a Nikkormat with all manual settings for shutter speed, f-stop, focus, etc. I've never used the digital in anything but point and shoot mode. Do you have to fiddle with the settings to get sharp macro close ups. I mean, if BU can do it, I'm convinced it ain't rocket science.

Sg

#884578 - 02/08/14 08:17 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: Salmo g.]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

OK, the Orange Heron is the fuzziest close up I took, but the others are not nearly as sharp as BUs latest photos, not even by a long shot. My digital camera is a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot. My old SLR is a Nikkormat with all manual settings for shutter speed, f-stop, focus, etc. I've never used the digital in anything but point and shoot mode. Do you have to fiddle with the settings to get sharp macro close ups. I mean, if BU can do it, I'm convinced it ain't rocket science.

Sg

Hehehe...
There should be a macro setting on your point-n-shoot.
Maybe a symbol like a large flower or something....

#884589 - 02/08/14 11:11 PM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ]
metaladdiction Offline
Returning Adult

Those are purdy BU.

#884597 - 02/09/14 01:11 AM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Originally Posted By: Banned User

Cuz evidently point and shoot ain't sumthin yer all that good at...

grin

That was pretty damn funny. Classic KK form.

It shouldn't take but a minute or two from pushing the button to posted photo once you are relatively familiar with the technology. It certainly ain't rocket surgery but I hear Salmo still writes letters with hammer and chisel.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

#884599 - 02/09/14 01:34 AM Re: Tying Projects (Ironing the Ascot) [Re: ColeyG]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

DD,

I found the macro setting thingy on the camera, so that is not the issue. Biggest issue is my desktop 'puter just won't upload from my camera any more. I had to load them to my notebook computer, download to a flash drive, then upload to my desktop, then to Photobucket, then the failure to post it up on PP. I kid thee not about this being nothing less than a complete pain in the ass.

BU,

Surely it would be difficult to disparage your name, good or otherwise. And I recommend you select alternatives to dawn behind the Shell station and pistols. First, me being up and around in Forks at dawn is unlikely at best, and second, you may want to re-think my point and shoot skills, cuz I been gettin' in a fair amount of practice in recent months with both the 22 and 9 mm, having gotten a couple big boxes of both this past fall. (If posting pics were as easy as Coley alleges, I'd post a photo of a couple targets with the bulls eyes blacked out.) Alas, the 22 is all shot up and gone, but I got a couple three hundred rounds of 9 mm left however. For your safety, I recommend a duel with point and shoot cameras. But I suggest a couple wee drams, to steady your nerves, well, your hand at least. You'll probably win, and we'll both be alive to tell about it.

Oh, but if you actually took those pics with your phone, I may just haul off and kill you anyway.

Page 9 of 25 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 793 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |