LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#884516 - 02/08/14 11:24 AM The kid in Niner gear at the Super Bowl parade?
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
http://www.king5.com/news/local/49ers-fa...-244490421.html

49ers fan at Seahawks victory parade now has fans putting rivalry aside

<Video here at above link>

by HEATHER GRAF / KING 5 News
Bio | Email | Follow: @HeatherGrafK5

Posted on February 7, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Show up to a Seahawks Super Bowl victory parade decked out in 49ers gear, and you're bound to get some boos. It's exactly what happened to a gutsy San Francisco fan on Wednesday, but his story doesn't end there.

The 12th man instantly started snapping pictures when the teenager, dressed head to toe in red and gold, began walking through the crowd of parade-goers. One Seahawks fan even posted a video on YouTube, of the 12s booing the 49ers fan as he walked by.

The images very quickly went viral, and were shared over and over on Facebook and Twitter.

From her home outside of San Francisco, Catherine Tate loved what she saw. She is a die-hard 49ers fan who KING 5 first met while in San Francisco in the days leading up to the NFC Championship.
Tate contacted KING 5 after the parade, in hopes of tracking down the mystery fan she felt was so brave, to wear his team colors in the midst of a sea of blue and green. She wanted to give him tickets to a game.

"I was going to give him one of my seats, I have front row seats in the new stadium on the 50 yard line," she said.
When Tate found and identified the teen through social media, she realized he needed much more than tickets.

"He's 15, he is a ward of the state, and is homeless essentially. He lives in shelters," she said. "So this evolved from, let's reward this kid for his bravery on one day, to let's reward him for his bravery every day."

When Tate had a conversation with the young man, she felt even more compelled to help. She posted details of their conversation on a website she runs for female 49er fans, and says he was blown away by her offers to help find him shelter, counseling, support, stability, and whatever else he needed.

Now the gofundme account she initially created to raise money for his trip to San Francisco is bringing in big donations, from fans of both the Seahawks and the 49ers, who want to help in a much bigger way.

"This is another one of those things of, yes, he belongs to us, but he also belongs to you. This is a Seattle, or Kirkland, native child that is your brother," she said. "People from Seattle have donated, saying I bleed blue and green, but this kid needs help and he needs these resources, so I want to partake."

On Friday, more than $2,000 had already been donated.

Tate recognizes she will have to jump through some legal hoops to make this happen. She's been in touch with the boy's social working and says that when he turns 18, the offer will still stand to give him tickets to a 49ers game.

Until then, she will keep pushing to help him in other ways. She's even talked to several families interested in serving as foster families for the 15-year-old.

The money pledged on the gofundme sight will not be touched until Tate ensures it will go to him and him alone, and be used to pay for college or another worthwhile cause. She says she's thrilled it's bringing Seahawks and 49ers fans together.

"We're humans, we're all people," she said. "And this is bigger than football."

Because he is a minor, KING 5 chose not to use the teen's name. He goes to school in Tukwila, and teachers there have said he is a good kid who has had a tough life, but comes to school every day ready to work and to learn.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#884519 - 02/08/14 11:39 AM Re: The kid in Niner gear at the Super Bowl parade? [Re: Todd]
Frankster Offline
Fry

Loc: C&P Headquarters
Mr. Todd, you seem like a true C&P Hobbyist! It is such a great pastime and I am just so excited to find a family of C&P pros here!

Would you like to skype sometime?

#884521 - 02/08/14 11:57 AM Re: The kid in Niner gear at the Super Bowl parade? [Re: Frankster]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I hope that was an effigy I saw swingin' from a lamp post !

#884531 - 02/08/14 12:57 PM Re: The kid in Niner gear at the Super Bowl parade? [Re: ]
RognSue Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: edmonds
$ 5150.00 amazing...

#884660 - 02/09/14 02:57 PM Re: The kid in Niner gear at the Super Bowl parade? [Re: ]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Hankster
It's over $15K now.. shocked

If they keep donating, that kid will be sittin' in a luxury box being pleasured by Niners cheerleaders. Plenty of whine and Cheez-Whiz for him too.. smile

Better than having you in there.

#884766 - 02/10/14 07:45 AM Re: The kid in Niner gear at the Super Bowl parade? [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

They should have tossed beer on him.

- Albert Einstein.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |