Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#886188 - 02/19/14 01:41 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier ***** [Re: GEAR MONGER 2]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Oh...great guy and awesome rod builder...............just not great @ the business part of the gig it seems like.Robbing Peter to pay Paul doesn't work and catches up to ya sooner or later.Good luck,

SZ

Had he come clean and was straight up with others..it would have been better than to lie,cheat and steal.............his way through the past year. Just sayin.

#886194 - 02/19/14 02:20 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: LFISHL]
LFISHL Offline
Egg

Thank you all who have shed some light on this situation. Looks like I am probably out $400, at least until he (may) get his act together.

#886407 - 02/21/14 12:22 AM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: LFISHL]
wizzer Offline
Alevin

Loc: Shoreline Wa.
Hi guys, I don't post much but have really enjoyed this site and have learned a lot from you guys over the years. Thanks! I do have an interest on this post. I am a proud owner of a few of Jim's rods. I say "proud" because of the performance, quality workmanship and care he puts in his rods. I will continue to fish them with pride, the way he built them. Sometimes things don't work out the way we hope for all kinds of reasons. I don't know about you guys, but for me people aren't disposable. It seems to me if we can help with a positive attitude and a little support instead of a bunch of ragging on stuff we really don't know the whole story on, that might be a good thing. Screwing up is easy. Picking up the pieces and moving on sometimes is not. When I think of Jim, it brings fond memories of a good guy who has a lot to offer to our sport and interests. I would love to see him back and successful.

#886410 - 02/21/14 12:55 AM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: wizzer]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

We all do. We just want what's our's back. Whether its XRODZ or money owed. Nobody on here said anything about sub par work or bashed him as a person. Just some poor business choices.Good luck,

SZ

#886417 - 02/21/14 02:22 AM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
GEAR MONGER 2 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Snohomish Co, Wa
Heck. I think everyone has been easy on him. I have a bunch of fetha styx, and he did me good on them. Id bet he has some stuff laying around, and can make some of this right. Maybe. Id just hate to see it get any worse. The net can be a super good tool....or a super bad one.

Good Luck to all that have money out!

#886421 - 02/21/14 09:09 AM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: GEAR MONGER 2]
Rag N Steel Offline
Feel Free to make small talk ;)

Loc: South MILF Hill
I hope hawg quest can make another episode.....life would suck if they didn't come to Washington and fish the lower quin and cook creek with out the x rod/ fetish rod. FML.

www.badcatboats.com

#886423 - 02/21/14 09:29 AM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: Rag N Steel]
Happy Birthday Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Originally Posted By: Rag N Steel
I hope hawg quest can make another episode.....life would suck if they didn't come to Washington and fish the lower quin and cook creek with out the x rod/ fetish rod. FML.

You keep mentioning Frog Quest. Just a heads up, they are sponsored by Fetha Styx, owned by Bill Boyce.
This discussion is about XRodz, owned by Jim Mercier.

#886426 - 02/21/14 10:09 AM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: Twitch]
Bantam Offline
Skytucky Redneck

Originally Posted By: Twitch
You keep mentioning Frog Quest. Just a heads up, they are sponsored by Fetha Styx, owned by Bill Boyce.

Whomp Whomp Whooommmmpppp......

#886446 - 02/21/14 12:54 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: ]
chtucker Offline
Eyed Egg

He has always been a bit flakey (The website, the phone number, the shop location)...

I gave him money last year and got what I ordered... But I live within a minute or two of his shop.

Has anyone driven to see him?

I will check in with him today.

#886453 - 02/21/14 01:46 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: chtucker]
SCARBOO Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bothell, WA
Originally Posted By: chtucker
He has always been a bit flakey (The website, the phone number, the shop location)...

I gave him money last year and got what I ordered... But I live within a minute or two of his shop.

Has anyone driven to see him?

I will check in with him today.

He moved his shop from Redmond to Monroe. Don't know where it is located. As far as bashing, for the people who are out money I have not seen any bashing going on just a warning to others now might not be the best time to give your hard earned cash. I think all of us who have bought rods from Jim are Sad in the fact that we cannot buy super quality rods from a guy we thought of as a friend and genuinely good guy.

It just sucks for all of us.

SCARBOO

#886466 - 02/21/14 02:35 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: SCARBOO]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

What......SCARBOO said.Good luck,

SZ

#886491 - 02/21/14 05:20 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
chtucker Offline
Eyed Egg

I guess I was really lucky. Last year I found two used Xrodz on craigslist that I got for a steal. I brought them into Jim for some background and info. He repaired the guides on one of them and was a pleasure to talk to. I bought two live bait tuna rods and I had them within two weeks. He offered to get me Avet reels at a good price as well.

Pure dumb luck on my part, the rods are really nice.

#886493 - 02/21/14 05:33 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: chtucker]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Yeah..well $500.00 of the money he owe's me was for some Avet's @ a good price.....U just maybe lucky..........Good luck,

SZ

#886541 - 02/21/14 10:31 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: Twitch]
Rag N Steel Offline
Feel Free to make small talk ;)

Loc: South MILF Hill
Originally Posted By: Twitch
Originally Posted By: Rag N Steel

that's how much I know about gay sh!t like that.
I thought It was another branch of the fetish stick.

Edited by Rag N Steel (02/21/14 10:31 PM)

www.badcatboats.com

#886545 - 02/21/14 11:32 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: Rag N Steel]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
Some of you are spreading a serious buyer-beware... which is always appreciated... unless you have some personal experience with the guy, or his company... adding any hater posts to a thread such as this one (pigpile?) might make some viewers think you have douchewaffle-like personality traits... which I am sure isn't the case... you're a genuinely good guy and are just misunderstood smile

#894829 - 05/12/14 11:18 AM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: Moravec]
sickbayer Offline
Eyed Egg

Jim has built me some top rods but my fifth one I've been waiting for over a year, just a simple trout rod. I'm out $300. I communicate with him but be gives me stories of being sick which could be true. I'm gutted coz I really liked the guy, loved buying rods of him. If he can pull through on this I'd still buy another I mean his rods are simply that good IMO.
I've probably left it to long to call up bank on this I did use my CC.

#894943 - 05/13/14 12:04 AM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: sickbayer]
R W B Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Graham, Washington
I too have an unfulfilled order from Jim dating back over a year. I have 6 of his rods and I, like many others, considered the dude a friend and straight shooter. He's proven that faith to be unfounded.
I left my rod for repair at the office next door to his vacated Redmond office. I also paid him for an additional rod which over the course of a year, all together has amounted to forty (40) text messages. Every excuse that is out there has been included in those messages.
Wasn't raised that way!!! WTF over.

#894950 - 05/13/14 01:14 AM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: R W B]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

I have logged well over 300 text in the past year trying to get my XRODZ & reelz or just my $800.00 back. Same song & dance. I have two tips that need replacing and he's willing to meet me for hand off to get fixed. I just haven't had the time lately.Hopefully he pulls out of this situation real soon......it's gotten old. Good luck,

SZ

#895165 - 05/14/14 05:21 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
sickbayer Offline
Eyed Egg

Any know the location of his shop in Monroe?

#899719 - 07/07/14 08:09 PM Re: XRODZ / Jim Mercier [Re: sickbayer]
Lon Offline
Egg

Loc: WA
Add me to the list for $800.00. When I did get ahold of him last year got the same song and dance: sick, death In family and so on, it is just sad that he can not be honest and tell the truth about situation.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 961 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |