LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#884678 - 02/09/14 05:52 PM New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers)
steelhead_stalkers Offline
Returning Adult

We are now a sponsor here on PP. I have been around for a few years hanging out but finally had the means to sponsor here. I just want to talk a little bit about our company and products here.

We make three main products along with custom rods and scent. Our Steelhead Stalkers UV Yarn, 4.5 inch and 6 inch Dragon Tail Steelhead Worms and our 3 inch Micro Worms are our main products. Almost all of our raw materials as well as our manufacturing is done in the US. I will go into a little bit of detail on each product we make below.

Our most popular product is our UV Yarn. It is made from a blend of natural fibers that comes from the UK. We have these fibers blended and carted for us locally in Oregon. The micron count of our yarn is similar to cashmere and is extremely soft. We also use dyes that are made here in the US and all but one of them are organic. Our color dyes along with our UV enhancement are non toxic and are manufactured in the US. Our yarn manufacturing process includes us handling it 8 different times from our pre-soak process to remove oil and dirt to the dying, rinsing and drying process. We hand dye every color of yarn we make here in Harrisburg Oregon. Our dye process includes steps to keep our yarn from fading or leeching. You will notice most artificial yarns in the stores fade just from the lights in the store, ours will not fade. When making multi-color yarn balls you do not have to worry about our yarn colors leeching onto other colors. Another advantage of using natural fibers is they actually absorb and hold scent. All other yarns on the market are made form plastic/polyester. They do not actually hold scent. Our fibers are extremely buoyant and float higher in the water without any added flotation. Because the yarn is so fluffy you can use less dense of a yarnie and it will fluff out once it hits the water. Also because of how soft it is you can cut it easy without extremely sharp scissors.

Works great for yarnies, egg patterns and rags!

The next product we make is our Dragon Tail UV Steelhead Worms. All of the raw material we use is made in the US. The plastic is extremely high quality and clear. It costs about twice as much as any other plastic available but we believe that the clarity and bright/vibrant qualities are worth the extra cost. The colorants are also very bright. Both are made in the US. All of the molds we use along with our injectors/injecting machine are made in the US. The UV enhancement is non toxic and our plastic is considered green. The dragon tail on these worms have a unique multifaceted tail that moves water off four surfaces creating erratic movement steelhead can't resist. We make 6 colors of these worms in two sizes. Three of the colors are transparent and allow light to reflect off of them and go through. Three of the colors are opaque. We offer a shrimp pink and steelhead orange that are deadly and no other company offers colors that look like these. Our Cerise is one of a kind as well. We offer a 6 inch and 4.5 inch length.

Our third product is our 3 Micro Worms. We have been using small 3 inch worms under a float for about 6 or 7 years and started manufacturing our own about three years ago. I would say that in the right conditions there is nothing as effective as these little worms. Both winter and summer steelhead love them. We fish them wacky rigged under a float. Some people think they are to small but steelhead have no problem hitting beads and yarnies and the profile of these worms is large than both. These smaller worms use the same plastic, colorant and UV enhancement as our larger steelhead worms.

These are a special batch of holographic ones we made last summer but its a good example of how bright these worms are.

We also sell a special oil scent. It is 100% pure oil. Its a blend of 80% krill and 20% anise. This oil is a pure as you can get, it does not get thick in cold weather and absorbs into our yarn and stays there for hours. We do not add any UV to it because krill is naturally UV reflective at around 360 nanometers. We use it with our trout worms and it permeates into the plastic. We have it blended for us here in the US. The anise you see in the store for $20 for 2 oz, this is the same quality but blended with more expensive krill and is more affordable.

Lastly, we build custom fishing rods using Gary Loomis North Fork Composites rod blanks. They are made entirely in the US! We build special carbon fiber grips for all of our rods from the ground up. These grips are lighter than cork, the core absorbs and holds heat in the winter, they are tacky when wet and are extremely strong. We pour the composite core, shape them, add the graphite, sand them by hand and add a tough urethane top coat all here in our shop. They are more dense than even the highest quality cork and that allows them to transmit more vibrations from the blank. Here are a few images of customers rods.

St 741 (HM) side drifting rod. 7'4", 4-8 lb. Extra large butt section the same diameter as my Chinook float rod. Extreme amount of backbone for huge winter steelhead!

Chinook float rod. St 1065 (HM) with a full carbon fiber grip and special shaped fore grip that up locks to cover any exposed threads.

Custom 10'0" 8 wt fly rod. It is the lightest 8 wt fly rod in the world! The reel seat is made just outside of Roseburg Oregon by Joel Lemke. He worked for Struble for 25+ years and makes these fly reel seats exclusively for us.

We manufacture products of the highest quality that we would want to buy in the stores and hope you feel the same way after trying them. Our products might be a little more expensive but we support many US companies and manufacture everything in Oregon using very high quality materials. We hope this gives you a little more insight into our company and products.

We are offering member of Piscatorial Pursuits a discount of 10% off everything we make other than custom rods. Just enter the discount code "PP10" when checking out to get your discount. Thanks for your support and if you have any questions just ask.

Steelhead Stalkers Website

Edited by steelhead_stalkers (02/09/14 06:05 PM)

#884681 - 02/09/14 06:18 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: steelhead_stalkers]
Salman Offline
Spawner

How much yarn per package? Is that yarn on the back of your jigs?

#884684 - 02/09/14 06:36 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: Salman]
Returning Adult

You get 30-32 inches of yarn per pack. The yarn is about four times the diameter of glo-bug so if you where comparing the two you get about 10 ft of yarn by weight and size with ours. Our yarn can be peeled and splits evenly down its entire length if you want thinner strips of yarn.

Yes, I use the yarn as a tail for some of our jigs. It has a lot of movement in the water and holds scent well. Hope this helps.

#884686 - 02/09/14 06:47 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: steelhead_stalkers]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
I'll vouch for everything from the micro worms to rods. Everything is top notch. Had my highest two winters of steelheading since switching to the SS yarn. Can't say the yarn made the difference, but it sure didn't hurt smile great stuff!

#884707 - 02/09/14 09:19 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: Twitch]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
Glad to see an Oregon company doing well, Chad!

Keep up the good work.

#884717 - 02/09/14 09:44 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: eugene1]
FinChaser Offline
Fry

Loc: Wasilla, AK / Bellevue, WA
I've been using your yarn for about a year and a half or so in WA and AK.

GOOD STUFF!!

Scott

#884726 - 02/09/14 10:36 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: FinChaser]
Returning Adult

I should mention our yarn is available in 60+ Bi-Mart stores and all of our main products are available for tackle shops to purchase through Big Rock Sports! If you want to see any of our products in your local shops just go in ask ask them to order it. I have also been told that Bi-Mart can order any of our products to their stores and you can pick it up there.

#884765 - 02/10/14 05:57 AM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: steelhead_stalkers]
Rag N Steel Offline
Feel Free to make small talk ;)

Loc: South MILF Hill
All my rags SS yarn. Good stuff. Jump on this wagon.

www.badcatboats.com

#884786 - 02/10/14 11:04 AM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: steelhead_stalkers]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
Chad

Glad to see you guys doing well! keep it up. I am going to have to get some of those micro worms...

#884792 - 02/10/14 11:55 AM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: big moby]
BigRedHead Offline
Smolt

Loc: WA, King
Thanks just put in a small order, (for a test run) looks like I'll get a good opportunity after this water drops

#884935 - 02/11/14 02:13 AM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: BigRedHead]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Your guys yarn is the best by far. Those rods are badass...The Center pin one you did up looked sweet especially with those reel seats.

#884942 - 02/11/14 09:31 AM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: Rossiman]
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
Welcome aboard Chad. All the best.
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#885013 - 02/11/14 07:28 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: Mooch]
Returning Adult

Thanks guys! For those who have not seen my centerpin rod. North Fork Composites 1302 (HM) blank. Same custom reel seats as the rods pictured above. Finished weight is 4.8 oz.

#885097 - 02/12/14 07:24 AM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: steelhead_stalkers]
Rag N Steel Offline
Feel Free to make small talk ;)

Loc: South MILF Hill
Originally Posted By: steelhead_stalkers
Thanks guys! For those who have not seen my centerpin rod. North Fork Composites 1302 (HM) blank. Same custom reel seats as the rods pictured above. Finished weight is 4.8 oz.

would look better with a kingpin or islanders. Lol

www.badcatboats.com

#885138 - 02/12/14 01:15 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: Rag N Steel]
Returning Adult

I'm working on it! laugh

#885162 - 02/12/14 02:40 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: Rag N Steel]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Originally Posted By: Rag N Steel
Originally Posted By: steelhead_stalkers

would look better with a kingpin or islanders. Lol

+1

#885272 - 02/12/14 11:00 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: Rossiman]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Nothing wrong with the trusty Aventa. I inherited one with George Cook in its lineage and it is still catching fish.

That having been said, I certainly wouldn't turn down a Kingpin if I found one at the end of a rainbow.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#885724 - 02/16/14 11:56 AM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: ColeyG]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
We have your yarn in our tackle store at the lodge, works great!

#885938 - 02/17/14 08:49 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: GBL]
AddictedFishing Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: SW Washington
Always loved your guys videos!

#886831 - 02/24/14 11:55 PM Re: New Sponsor (Steelhead Stalkers) [Re: AddictedFishing]
oregonarcher Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Great products for sure. Have a great time fishing and doing videos with them. Take a look if you haven't.
Kyle
Willamette Valley Outfitters
www.willamettevalleyoutfitters.com

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Brad_tgl, Coho, NewNWSalmon3
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1000 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |