LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#892069 - 04/16/14 07:03 PM Final Winter run........
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Well it's that time of year again for my annual winter run season essay. Let's start out by saying this has been my worst winter run steelhead season I can remember........as far as totals. However it was a fun ride and the totals really didn't matter cuz we are world champs.So due to the low water and no show of the brats in late November thru January I really didn't get out. My time was taken up by the awesome play-off run by our "Hawks" so this made it real easy to hang back and attend the home play-off's and even superbowl in NY. Well worth it from what I heard out on the street. This was the first year I didn't even fish my favorite month of February..............really seriously didn't even wet a line...........Sad stuff right there. So here it goes,
Only made 10 trips this season on 7 different rivers. Hooked 16 landed 15. 94% hook to land ratio. 4 O'fer trips. Best day I was 5 for 5 and the biggest of the season is now my avatar.Say what ya want......but when it came to winter steelhead this season Oregon kicked our ass for numbers.............but never in size.Lol.The bait of choice seemed to be yarn and more yarn weather in a rag or a yarnie.........yarn was the theme for me this year.Good luck,

SZ

Edited by STRIKE ZONE (04/16/14 07:05 PM)

#892094 - 04/16/14 09:42 PM Re: Final Winter run........ [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
SZ,

Not too shabby.. you caught some steel and saw your team win the SB. Oh yeah, and your hook/land ratio makes it seem like you sold your soul.

Awesome,

#892105 - 04/16/14 11:33 PM Re: Final Winter run........ [Re: eugene1]
oregonarcher Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Wish we could of got you here, but that damn rain didn't cooperate. Next year and we will get that ratio even better.

Oregon was good all year, but you are right, seems thats that OP produces the hogs.

As for salmon....

#892143 - 04/17/14 12:12 PM Re: Final Winter run........ [Re: oregonarcher]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Kyle, We tried three times....just wasn't to be this season. Next season we'll rock it.So far your springers are kicking ass in size.......Good luck,

SZ

#892193 - 04/17/14 05:59 PM Re: Final Winter run........ [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
SZ, Always enjoy the write up.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |