Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#892315 - 04/18/14 06:07 PM States Begin Trapping, Euthanizing Sea Lions
Phoenix77 Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Kent, WA
Spring Ritual: States Begin Trapping, Euthanizing Sea Lions Feasting On Chinook At Bonneville Dam
A total of six California sea lions known to frequent the lower Columbia River’s Bonneville Dam in the past and feast on spring chinook salmon were trapped this week and euthanized as a part of a state plan to reduce predation on fish stocks that are protected under the Endangered Species Act.

The six animals were captured as they rested aboard floating traps placed below the dam. The Tuesday removals were the first this year. The program, first approved in 2008 by NOAA Fisheries Service, has overall involved the removal of 58 California sea lions from below the dam -- 13 of which were sent to zoos and aquaria, according to the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife. The removal authority was requested by fish and wildlife agencies in Washington, Oregon and Idaho.

For more information on the program, go to:
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/SeaLion/index.asp

California sea lions identified as having made multiple visits to the dam and having been observed preying on salmon are eligible – added to the “list” -- for removal under criteria approved by NOAA Fisheries. The removal authority comes as an exemption to the Marine Mammal Protection Act.

Five California seas lions were trapped, branded and released Wednesday. The animals did not meet criteria for .... http://www.cbbulletin.com/430459.aspx

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government

#892374 - 04/18/14 11:37 PM Re: States Begin Trapping, Euthanizing Sea Lions [Re: Phoenix77]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Amen, if only NOAA, WDFW, and the ESA people would/could/should get off their asses and shoot a few around here for the benefit of the species they think they protect a lot more fish would hit the gravel. I guess then their hands would be dirty and they would feel guilty though.

#892385 - 04/19/14 12:33 AM Re: States Begin Trapping, Euthanizing Sea Lions [Re: Salman]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
The state and this country is corrupt with a condition called no balls/owned by liberal no backboneitus .... Now you take a guy like Putin and he'd have those furbags mowed down!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |