THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#893203 - 04/26/14 01:20 PM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: Chasin' Baitman]
Chasin' Baitman Offline
Returning Adult

Pressure on WA rivers is going to be SO HIGH this winter when people like me jam the rivers trying to get that last hatchery steelhead. How do you think the wild population is going to do under that kind of pressure?

Nice job, WFC.

#893208 - 04/26/14 02:30 PM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: Lucky Louie]
Rag N Steel Offline
Feel Free to make small talk ;)

Loc: South MILF Hill
I'm thinking we will never get to fish in January ever again on most ps streams. Thank God we still have summer runs still. if they ever cancel out that program I'm done.

www.badcatboats.com

#893250 - 04/27/14 11:00 AM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: Chasin' Baitman]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: Chasin' Baitman
WFC and those who support it (is there ANYBODY on this site that does??):

I would suspect that the majority of the app.700,000 WA State fish license holders that like to harvest fish, added to the tribal displeasure of being left out of the negotiations could lead to WFC and partners being called “extremist.”

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#893251 - 04/27/14 11:08 AM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: Lucky Louie]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Or they could simply be considered as Law Abiding Patriots who only want WDFW to follow the law.

If they had gotten the permits, if WDFW and the Tribes had put the squeeze on NOAA this wouldn't have happened.

By not getting the required permits WDFW allowed WFC's agenda to be easily achievable. Further, they were able to get what they wanted without having to deal with the merits of hatchery/wild. It is as if WDFW/NOAA wanted this to happen.

#893252 - 04/27/14 11:23 AM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: Carcassman]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: Carcassman
It is as if WDFW/NOAA wanted this to happen.

There is some grumbling from the tribes that it was a convenant situation.
The interesting quote from the tribes perspective is "that they blame this on the (Wild Fish Conservancy) group and the tribes not being part of the process."

I wouldn't be surprised to see round 2 coming soon.

#893256 - 04/27/14 12:15 PM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: Carcassman]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Or they could simply be considered as Law Abiding Patriots who only want WDFW to follow the law.

That’s a good one. rofl

That's why WDFW will still be planting hatchery steelhead with the approval of the extremists when they could have completely stopped it altogether.

It appears that most people that believe that the extremists are the knights in shiny armor are the extremists and their partners themselves.

#893259 - 04/27/14 01:25 PM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: Lucky Louie]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
Could you cut and paste the article - otherwise one has to subscribe.

If you clear your browser cookies you'll get a new batch of trial free articles on the times.

#893316 - 04/28/14 02:15 AM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: Carcassman]
Chasin' Baitman Offline
Returning Adult

If they had gotten the permits, if WDFW and the Tribes had put the squeeze on NOAA this wouldn't have happened.

Well, Washington (state) doesn't always toe the line when it comes to the feds. Legalized pot, anyone?

Without getting too political, states are going to have a better idea of what's right for their citizens and resources than the federal government will. I guess that's pretty political :P

Personally I think litigation would have been the better option here.

#893317 - 04/28/14 03:32 AM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: Chasin' Baitman]
pijon Offline
Smolt

Loc: washington
I am thinking we will see more litigation in the near future. And I think this is going to become an extremely toxic situation.

I have never been so angry. These people just took away my opportunity to fish for steelhead. And through their efforts other people will lose their livelihoods. And they could care less.

Edited by pijon (04/28/14 04:53 AM)

#893335 - 04/28/14 01:38 PM Re: Lawsuit Settlement REALITY [Re: 5 * General Evo]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
Originally Posted By: Evo

funny how the WFC gets government grants, and then sues the government with its own money.. aint America great?

Plus 1 billion.
I want to be a fisherman.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |