Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#893153 - 04/25/14 11:17 PM Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters
Fishtales Offline
Smolt

Loc: Monroe
Can someone please direct me to the list of financial supporters for the group trying to eliminate hatcheries in the PNW? I know I saw it on here before, but can't find it now, or on their website....
Wasn't Cabela's listed??

#893157 - 04/25/14 11:26 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: Fishtales]
pijon Offline
Smolt

Loc: washington
http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum...html#Post891851

The thread is on page 2.
Yes cabelas was listed. They likely didn't pay attention to the lawsuits, but they won't be getting any of my business as long as they support wfc.

#893159 - 04/25/14 11:45 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: pijon]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

http://wildfishconservancy.org/about/events/2013-wild-fish-soiree-benefit-auction-donors

Acappella Safaris

Angler's Book Supply

Angler's Sport Group

Anthony's Restaurants

Arch Anglers

Argosy CruisesChateau St Michelle 2

Cliff Barker

Kurt & Candace Beardslee

Bellevue Club

Belltown Billiards

Bonnier Corporation

Steve Brocco

C.F. Burkheimer

Cabelas

Café Lago

Cape Resort

Carol Carlson

Cascade Kennels Inc.

Chateau Ste Michelle Vineyards & Wineries

Bill Chinn

Clayoquot Wilderness Resort

Columbia Sportswear

David Crabb

Confluence Fly Shop

Bob Delabar

DeLille Cellars

Deschutes Angler

Dr. Slick

Duvall Books

Jeff Edvalds Photography

Elliot Bay Books

F.X. McRory's

FarBank Enterprises (Redington)

FarBank Enterprises (Sage)

Filson

FishEyeGuy Photography

Frank Amato Publications

The Estate of Fritz Gerds

Nick Gayeski

Jamie Glasgow

Globe Pequot Press

Icicle Outfitters & Guides, Inc.

The Herbfarm

John Howie Restaurants - John Howie Steak, Seastar, Sport

Sand Lamoreux

Jim & Paulette Lichatowich

The Estate of Harry Lemire

Little Stone Fly Fisher/Bob Triggs

Ralph Lloyd

Lost River Winery

Craig Lynch

Magic Waters Patagonia

Holly Magowan & The Estate of Rosemary Weise

Jeff Martin

Bill & Lynn McMillan

Bruce & Jeanne McNae

Montana Fly Company

Narrows Brewing Co.

Ed Newbold

Northwest Film Forum

Northwest Outdoor Center

Pacific Science Center

Patagonia

PCC Natural Markets

Publishers Mailing Service & Jeff Jensen

Quintessential Gourmet

Ray's Boathouse, Cafe & Catering

Royal Wulff Products

Sazerac Co.

Seattle Repertory Theater

Seattle Symphony

Shelter Restaurant

John Sowinski

Stackpole Books

George Suyama

Suyama Peterson Deguchi

Temple Fork Outfitters

Tofino Swell Lodge

Marilyn & Craig Tuohy

Michael Uehara

W Seattle Hotel

The Estate of Thad Wardall

Waterfall Resort Alaska

Bev Watt

Bill White

Wild River Press

Wilderness Safaris

Woodinville Printing

Wright & McGill Co

#893162 - 04/26/14 12:05 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: pijon]
Fishtales Offline
Smolt

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I recalled correctly. The other one on this list that disappoints me is Temple Fork Outfitters. Check it out, see who's behind that company. Hard to know who to support anymore, but I'm with pijon, Cabela's is no longer on my shopping list. Thankfully we have some awesome local retailers. John's, Ted's, Ed's.

#893163 - 04/26/14 12:05 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: 5 * General Evo]
pijon Offline
Smolt

In Oregon, the Three Rivers Sportsman Alliance called all of the supporters of the native fish society. Another group that likes to sue and shut down hatcheries. It was said by calling and writing to their supporters, they cut their income by 30%.

I don't know how true that is. I do know Lamiglass was a supporter until they learned just who they were supporting. I would bet most of these supporters don't realize who or what they are supporting. They just give them a gift as they get requests from lots of groups.
Not realizing they are cutting their market.

#893164 - 04/26/14 12:08 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: pijon]
Fishtales Offline
Smolt

They're definitely going to get the wrong type of advertising after this. Such a sad day.....

#893168 - 04/26/14 01:17 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: Fishtales]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
Most of those supporters have no idea of the group's interests? Of course some of their interests do align. I think it's too complex a web to consider boycotting some of the companies.

For example: http://www.stscommunity.com/vbulletin/sh...ish-Conservancy

#893170 - 04/26/14 01:20 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: Fishtales]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

It's not hard to see why it's a no-brainier for these businesses to support something called a "Wild Fish Conservancy." That just sounds like a name anyone who cares about wild fish should get behind.

I won't stop supporting these businesses over this. They got into it with the best of intentions. I imagine quite a few of them might have changed their minds had they been told this was where their contributions would be going.

#893201 - 04/26/14 01:12 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Chasin' Baitman Offline
Returning Adult

I will be very interested to see how many of these supporters jump ship. Hopefully many of them will. I will certainly be contacting them and telling them why I won't be buying from them anymore.

It makes much more sense for many of these businesses to support the CCA. Or, increase their support of the CCA instead of supporting the WFC.

#893204 - 04/26/14 01:26 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: Chasin' Baitman]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
One of the things the Poker Players Alliance does is have members send emails and tweets to these type of people (PPA targets legislators). Is someone here sharp enough to right (see, obviously I am not with that typo wink ) a letter that could be sent to the above?

What would you need?
The Letter
Email address
Tweet address
Facebook pages

Here is a link to the PPA system so that you might see what I am talking about ...http://capwiz.com/pokerplayersalliance/home/

#893209 - 04/26/14 03:10 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: GutZ]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Wasn't Ray's on some other hit list by some of this boards members for serving Wild Steelhead? If you want to pull out a 45 and shoot your dicks off just go after them now, they just checkmated you.

There's a sucker born every minute

#893235 - 04/27/14 01:40 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: SBD]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
The truth is that most of the supporters listed don't understand exactly what they are donating to... a quick email to explain the impact that WFC is making to our local sportfishing opportunities and the negative impact it will have to local sportfishing businesses will be an eyeopener.

#893238 - 04/27/14 02:30 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: Moravec]
pijon Offline
Smolt

What we need in Washington is someone to organize the tribal, sports and commercial fishing response to this. It can't be anyone new. It has to be an already established group with a track record.

#893239 - 04/27/14 02:38 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: Moravec]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA

Declining sales always does the trick. Always. Vote with your wallet.
Even without willingly boycotting sponsors, many innocent bystander businesses will suffer economically or close all together. Less Gear, Tackle, Gas, Food, Motels, Licenses, Boats, Trucks, Motors and so on down the line...sad and totally unnecessary.

Edited by NickD90 (04/27/14 02:38 AM)

#893240 - 04/27/14 02:54 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: NickD90]
pijon Offline
Smolt

Cabelas won't even notice. But the corner store which sells gas, bait, munchies, coffee and beer to fisherman in the mornings will definitely get hurt.

Edited by pijon (04/27/14 02:57 AM)

#893241 - 04/27/14 03:22 AM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: pijon]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
You can make Cabelas notice if you really, really want to. Organize.

100 steelhead fisherman peacefully asking for the Tulalip and Lacey store managers all at once would certainly put it on their corporate radar.

Call a network. Get the story out there. Write a scathing letter to every sponsor. There's lots of ways to get things done. It all depends on your passion and commitment to the cause at hand, whatever that may be.

#893261 - 04/27/14 01:32 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: NickD90]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
Simply boycotting without telling the business that you are and why is foolish and won't do any good. If you want to modify their behavior, educate them and give them a chance to respond. Then if they don't once they understand the issue put the screws to them with a full-on boycott.

#893264 - 04/27/14 02:22 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: OceanSun]
pijon Offline
Smolt

I don't think it needs to become a boycott, too much of the message gets lost as they will only interview the angry over the top person.
All it takes is some letters to all the supporters and maybe a few news outlets. I think some of the supporters would drop out just because they had no idea what wfc was really up to.

#893290 - 04/27/14 07:51 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: pijon]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Somebody needs to do something. LOL

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#893291 - 04/27/14 08:37 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: pijon]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: pijon
What we need in Washington is someone to organize the tribal, sports and commercial fishing response to this. It can't be anyone new. It has to be an already established group with a track record.

Did you just move here? These groups have been at each others throats for the last 30 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |