Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#893270 - 04/27/14 04:22 PM Lake fishing western Washington
Pkitty Offline
Egg

Can anyone help me please. This morning I attempted to trout fish on lake mcmurry but it was only a boat friendly lake ( meaning no shore fishing). I then went down to Martha lake for shore fishing. All they had there was two over populated fishing piers. This is my first day fishing ever, so was bummed that I couldn't find any lake bank fishing. Can anyone help me for ideas on trout bank fishing lakes tat aren't so urban and don't require a boat. Thanks

Edited by Pkitty (04/27/14 04:29 PM)

#893276 - 04/27/14 04:55 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: Pkitty]
gregsalmon Offline
Spawner

Loc: alaska and washington
Go to the hatchery and get em direct. Saves money and time trucking them to a lake.

The DFW is a fish farming, trucking agency. Pretty much. They should just allow fishing at the hatchery, save a BUNCH of money that way!

#893277 - 04/27/14 05:27 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: gregsalmon]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Pkitty:

Part of this is YOUR fault.......If you wanted shore access, then you should have driven out, weeks ago.....looked around, then have made a decision, on what you found out.

To many come on here, wanting others to do all the searching....then want to "be informed".

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#893289 - 04/27/14 07:49 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: DrifterWA]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Head to your local tackle shop, ask. Wouldn't hurt to drop a little cash also.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#893305 - 04/27/14 10:27 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: Jerry Garcia]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Jerry:

That's probably a better way to say it......but before the "net", people used old fashion ways to get information....ie, Hunting and Fish News, newspapers, or just went for a drive.

#893308 - 04/27/14 11:02 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: DrifterWA]
PD-5 Offline
Parr

Probably not my place to say, but what a way to welcome a newb angler into the fold. Seems they are looking for a pond to slay some planter dinks and not a zipperlip summer run stream. Wonder what the odds are they'll continue in this hobby buying lisences and supporting the industry. Doug

#893318 - 04/28/14 09:26 AM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: PD-5]
206jb Offline
Smolt

Loc: port of seattle
U need to get a floattube or something ,
back in the day my dad would take me out in a 9ft yellow& blue sevlor raft with electric motor .

#893323 - 04/28/14 11:50 AM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: 206jb]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: 206jb
U need to get a floattube or something ,
back in the day my dad would take me out in a 9ft yellow& blue sevlor raft with electric motor .

+1. Get a cheap float tube off of Craig's List. With that, he can fish most any smaller public western Wa lake.

#893324 - 04/28/14 11:50 AM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: 206jb]
BigRedHead Offline
Smolt

Loc: WA, King
There are lots of lakes around Washington , in what area were you looking to fish , bever lake in issaquah or pine lake , there are lots of lakes like I have said , and some of what has been said above is the truth , your going to find the best spots by looking for them , if your fishing east of the mountain s then the lakes are much more shore fishing friendly.
Hope that helps

#893326 - 04/28/14 11:55 AM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: Pkitty]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Pkitty
Can anyone help me please. This morning I attempted to trout fish on lake mcmurry but it was only a boat friendly lake ( meaning no shore fishing). I then went down to Martha lake for shore fishing. All they had there was two over populated fishing piers. This is my first day fishing ever, so was bummed that I couldn't find any lake bank fishing. Can anyone help me for ideas on trout bank fishing lakes tat aren't so urban and don't require a boat. Thanks

Welcome!

In Pierce and King county trying to find lakes with bank access can be challenging. Head east in King and Pierce counties. Google Earth can be a great scouting tool as well, and is great for hunting as well. Lots of lakes in Grays Harbor County with plenty of bank access, and a number in Thurston County as well. If you are interested in heading south a bit I can give you a few spots. Taking kids, or just you?

Ignore the grumbly folks.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#893332 - 04/28/14 12:54 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: Dogfish]
cheapskate Offline
Spawner

Go to Twin Lakes (Gissburg Ponds) near Arlington, off I-5. Plenty of shore fishing and fun for kids. The north pond is juvenile-only waters. The south pond is open to all.

#893337 - 04/28/14 01:56 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: cheapskate]
Sebastes Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe,WA.
Lake Tye on Frylands Blvd. in Monroe has public access around most all of the lake. The Sky Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited had a Free Kids Fishing Derby for age 12 and under yesterday April 27, and after the derby the net holding the fish in the beach area is removed and the fish spread out throughout the lake. Most bank anglers use Power Bait, which floats so you don't want to fish it under a bobber unless you weight it with some split shot.. Fishing for stocked rainbows last pretty well through mid-June, then tapers of as do many of the local lakes.

Gissburg is also a good suggestion. Blackman Lake in Snohomish has a couple of fishing piers, they could be crowded. The Snohomish County Sportsman's group releases some triploids so larger fish a are possible.

Cottage Lake has a public fishing pier.

Check out Washington Lakes.com as a possible resource

WDFW has info on most lakes and also has stocking (planting) reports on when and how many fish were planted.

With a little research you should be able to find a suitable lake near where you live. Lakes with WDFW access boat ramps can offer a little space for bank anglers as long as it doesn't interfere with boat launching. Be sure to display your WDFW parking pass on the rear view mirror of you vehicle.

Wishing you good fishing, if you have young kids to take and try some of the public fishing piers, consider having them wear life jackets.

A few years ago I was fishing off the pier at Cottage Lake when a little kid about five was running around the pier. He ran right off the dock and went into the water with no PFD. I ran and grabbed him and put him on the dock where his father came rushing to get him.

A float tube, small boat for rowing or a pontoon boat can open up a lot of water for an angler.

Edited by Sebastes (04/28/14 02:12 PM)

#893363 - 04/28/14 04:35 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: Sebastes]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Sebastes

Wow, haven't thought of this lake in many years.....Used to ride my bike, beginning of Avondale Road...to the lake. The years were 1953 - 56, fished off the public pier. The lake was "out in the woods" at that time but it was still a real rat race.

Thanks for the memories.....Redmond was a VERY small town, junior high years were a fun time.

Edited by DrifterWA (04/28/14 04:36 PM)

#893368 - 04/28/14 04:54 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: Dogfish]
bigglzworth Offline
Fry

Loc: Everett, WA
Originally Posted By: Dogfish

Ignore the grumbly folks.

Thank you. [Bleeeeep!]. This person isn't asking for steelheading secrets for (#*& sakes.

To the OP, start on google earth or google maps for bodies of water near you and go from there. I'd never fished Lake Bosworth until Saturday morning but on Friday I looked at google maps and looked all the way around the lake for a public looking spot. I caught one off the boat launch and watched the calamity of 30+ boats trying to launch in a couple hours.

As far as Martha Lake goes, hit it early weekday mornings if you can. There are knowledgable guys out then who might be willing to give some tips.

Silver Lake:
more docks, plenty of bank fishing early in the season before the vegetation starts taking over.

Gissburg/Twin Lakes was already covered above.

Blackmans Lake in Snohomish:
Small docks can get crowded on the weekends but limited bank fishing as well. Limit is 3 on this lake!

#893412 - 04/29/14 12:11 AM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: bigglzworth]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
You go to a home repair forum: people answer your question.
You go to a fishing forum: you get some people that will help you out but others that say, "figure it out for yourself, newb!"

#893426 - 04/29/14 02:07 AM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: Sebastes]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Originally Posted By: Sebastes
Lake Tye on Frylands Blvd. in Monroe has public access around most all of the lake. The Sky Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited had a Free Kids Fishing Derby for age 12 and under yesterday April 27, and after the derby the net holding the fish in the beach area is removed and the fish spread out throughout the lake. Most bank anglers use Power Bait, which floats so you don't want to fish it under a bobber unless you weight it with some split shot.. Fishing for stocked rainbows last pretty well through mid-June, then tapers of as do many of the local lakes.

Gissburg is also a good suggestion. Blackman Lake in Snohomish has a couple of fishing piers, they could be crowded. The Snohomish County Sportsman's group releases some triploids so larger fish a are possible.

Check out Washington Lakes.com as a possible resource

WDFW has info on most lakes and also has stocking (planting) reports on when and how many fish were planted.

With a little research you should be able to find a suitable lake near where you live. Lakes with WDFW access boat ramps can offer a little space for bank anglers as long as it doesn't interfere with boat launching. Be sure to display your WDFW parking pass on the rear view mirror of you vehicle.

Wishing you good fishing, if you have young kids to take and try some of the public fishing piers, consider having them wear life jackets.

A few years ago I was fishing off the pier at Cottage Lake when a little kid about five was running around the pier. He ran right off the dock and went into the water with no PFD. I ran and grabbed him and put him on the dock where his father came rushing to get him.

A float tube, small boat for rowing or a pontoon boat can open up a lot of water for an angler.

Good Advice from Doug, and my neighbor Ivan Cooned them up at Tye today.
Go get em!

#893427 - 04/29/14 02:16 AM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: Moravec]
Sebastes Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe,WA.
Good point Andrew. In my opinion it never hurts to help someone who is asking for some reasonable help.

I have had plenty that helped me and I thank those who did.

Those that are trolling are a different situation.

At least give this an person an opportunity to learn and benefit from PP.

#893479 - 04/29/14 05:00 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: DrifterWA]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
Jerry:

That's probably a better way to say it......but before the "net", people used old fashion ways to get information....ie, Hunting and Fish News, newspapers, or just went for a drive.

The better way would have been saying NOTHING. Your post was lame, weak, and you should know better.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#893480 - 04/29/14 05:01 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: Dan S.]
cruzn99 Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
Jerry:

The better way would have been saying NOTHING. Your post was lame, weak, and you should know better.

+1

everhook

#893491 - 04/29/14 07:00 PM Re: Lake fishing western Washington [Re: cruzn99]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
WDFW Website has some useful information . Poke around there a bit. Here is the link to Catchable Trout Plants in the Last 30 Days

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/plants/weekly/

I can't remember the last time I was boatless so not much help on a specific lake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (stonefish, Carcassman), 1060 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645301 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |