THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#893294 - 04/27/14 08:55 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: Keta]
pijon Offline
Smolt

Loc: washington
Not anymore
They already got together in Oregon and it is now expanding to WA and likely beyond.
We need to put an end to this present situation and then we can go back to arguing amongst ourselves as usual.

This and the other enviro lawsuits are doing what has never been done. Uniting the sports, commercials and tribes in a common cause.

Thank you wfc for not thinking this all the way thru.

#893300 - 04/27/14 09:35 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: pijon]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Oregon eh? I'd like to read about that. Can you put up a link?

#893303 - 04/27/14 09:59 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: Keta]
Kinetic Kwik Offline
Spawner

Loc: sum x wet,sum x dry WA 4 Life

#893304 - 04/27/14 10:09 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: Kinetic Kwik]
pijon Offline
Smolt

Loc: washington
I don't know how many showed up. There was no real followup.

The above link is correct. But I think it may involve more than just Three Rivers.
They may only be the catalyst but I really don't know yet. I am going to get involved regardless. I did learn some other people are putting some things together but how do you judge any effort until you see it?

There is a lot we can do to make each other miserable, and there is a lot we can do if everyone would set aside differences and work together.

The bottom line is we all want to restore our steelhead and salmon runs as much as can be done with the habitat we have to work with. But we differ on how to go about it, and how to provide opportunity to keep all the stakeholders involved.

Edited by pijon (04/27/14 10:11 PM)

#893353 - 04/28/14 03:53 PM Re: Wild Fish Conservancy Financial Supporters [Re: pijon]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Thanks for taking the time to post the links. The day the commercial, sports and tribal sectors actually get together and accomplish something will be a sight to behold. I doubt chambers creek hatchery steelhead will be the catalyst. I also disagree with attacking the enviros as most of the problem with andromonous fish is destruction of habitat but I don't have the time or inclination to get into that beaten dead horse here. Frankly, I'm surprised at all the huffing and puffing about Chambers Creek hatchery steelhead here after reading all the badmouthing they get over the years. "Hatchery turds" that cost way more than they are worth to produce with dismal returns that support tribal netting in the rivers are the complaints I hear. Personally they are on my to do list right below humpies and there are plenty of them around here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 957 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |