LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#89449 - 04/30/00 10:28 PM Life Is Good !
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't want to draw an overt amount of attention to a health matter on a fishing site, but since this subject also hit this board as well as ours in Oregon I figure some could use both a reminder and then some closure. A few weeks ago I was dianosed with early stage prostrate cancer at 51. This was enabled because I got the recommended "PSA Factor" blood test at a routine physical that revealed it's possible presence and later confirmed by a biopsy. Well, I just returned home from St. V's yesterday after finding out that after my prosectomy surgery that tests showed they got all of it- NO chemo needed!! So, a reminder for you guys to get the PSA test by 45 or at least 50! My growth was right to the edge of the gland, so in another year I might have had to take my chances with chemo. Now I'm healthy and life is good- except when I laugh it hurts like h*ll and that can lead to "try to stop the laugh" giggles- just get me the Vicodan.- I also want to thank you guys from WA that gave me written encouragement. I meant a LOT! - Steve

#89450 - 04/30/00 11:30 PM Re: Life Is Good !
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
RT,
Glad to see that your surgery went well. I for one have a regular phyical scheduled at the end of May and will definetely ask for the PSA factor test (I'm 44) as my Grandfather died from postrate cancer. I appreciate your public candor. Yes this is a "fishing forum" but if we don't pass things like this on to our fellow fishing brothers, we won't be there to fish and share with each other.
Tight lines, Jeff

#89451 - 05/01/00 10:19 AM Re: Life Is Good !
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Thats good news Steve !!! So since it hurts to laugh heres one for you.. Young guy walking in the park comes across an old man crying on a park bench. He asks whats wrong old man.. old man sobs " I'm 90 years old and just married a 22 year old super model" young guy says that don't sound so bad.. Old man sobs " its worse than that, all she wants to do is have sex all day long" well how could that be so bad young guy asks " well its worse than that, shes a great cook and rich to boot" the old guy sobs.. Perplexed, the young guys says "I just don't see the issue here, your married to this young super model who just wants to have sex and is a great cook with loads of money.. your 90 years old.. how could that be bad???" " Old man sobs... I can't remember where I live !!!!

#89452 - 05/01/00 10:36 AM Re: Life Is Good !
Steelheader boy Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia Wa.
Welcome back Steve, glad to hear alls well,I understand you're concern been there done that,got the t-shirt.hang in there see ya on the river....glad to see you back...

------------------
Tight Lines
FISH ON ------<*)>><
Men are like fish we get into trouble when we open our mouths to much!!

#89453 - 05/01/00 02:21 PM Re: Life Is Good !
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
Life is good!! Glad to hear that things have gone well for you. Maybe we will cross paths on the river someday. Keep thinking positively it helps for me.

------------------
dank

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
TrollKing, wateronthebrain
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1074 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645423 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |