Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#896500 - 06/03/14 07:30 AM WTB- Vintage Fenwick FS89C
Woody Woodyard Offline
Egg

Loc: Pacifica, California
Hello, all. Brand new to this site.
I have been beating the bushes for a Fenwick FS89C Mooching rod that is in Very Good to Mint Condition. I'd also love to find one with a fairly low serial number, like "D" or "G". I'm watching Ebay, several fishing clubs, and several fishing/hunting BB's such as yours. If anyone can part with theirs, I'd be very interested. If anyone has any suggestions where to look, I'd be much obliged.
Thanks, Woodeye

#896525 - 06/03/14 02:31 PM Re: WTB- Vintage Fenwick FS89C [Re: Woody Woodyard]
cheapskate Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Woody Woodyard
Hello, all. Brand new to this site.
I have been beating the bushes for a Fenwick FS89C Mooching rod that is in Very Good to Mint Condition. I'd also love to find one with a fairly low serial number, like "D" or "G". I'm watching Ebay, several fishing clubs, and several fishing/hunting BB's such as yours. If anyone can part with theirs, I'd be very interested. If anyone has any suggestions where to look, I'd be much obliged.
Thanks, Woodeye

What's the going price these days for a used FS89C?

I know that the FS83C prices are ridiculous.

#896972 - 06/07/14 12:59 PM Re: WTB- Vintage Fenwick FS89C [Re: cheapskate]
Les Offline
Parr

Loc: Enumclaw
I know a guy that has a older Fenwick 8'9" but I'm not sure if it the casting or spinning guides. He used to bring it salmon fishing with me in the old mooching days of the 70's. I'm sure he still has it and doesn't fish any more. I run into him occasionally and I will ask him about it. I have two of the FS83C's....didn't realize they were a special item.....what do they go for? Also, what is the valuable serial # about.....any idea what that is about? I will post back on here if I get to talk with the friend that has the 89...............Les

Edited by Les (06/07/14 01:00 PM)

#896977 - 06/07/14 02:35 PM Re: WTB- Vintage Fenwick FS89C [Re: Les]
steely slammer Offline
Three Time Spawner

I got an FS83c and been trying to get rid of... im also wondering what they are going for..

mainly region 6

#896995 - 06/07/14 10:55 PM Re: WTB- Vintage Fenwick FS89C [Re: steely slammer]
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Originally Posted By: steely slammer
I got an FS83c and been trying to get rid of... im also wondering what they are going for..

I sold a mint 83c here a few years ago it had the old metal fenwick tube & its rod sock. Think we settled around $130.

Redd you remember?

#897000 - 06/08/14 12:40 PM Re: WTB- Vintage Fenwick FS89C [Re: chrome/22]
Les Offline
Parr

Loc: Enumclaw
It seems from reading up on these older fenwicks the serial #'s seem to make a difference. I have a clear # on one of my older ones and a partial # on the other. Any of you guys know what serial # types the collectors look for? My rods were bought in the early 70's....Les

#901832 - 07/31/14 08:20 AM Re: WTB- Vintage Fenwick FS89C [Re: Les]
Woody Woodyard Offline
Egg

Well, I continue my search. I picked up another FS88C and an FS91C, both in great shape. Sooner or later a good one will show up. I've gotten replies that the FS89Cs will probably show up as the mooching season winds down. I let two of them get away last winter, one was immaculate. But it was offered in a small town outside Seattle and would only deal with "local pickup". I had actually lined something up, but I was about 24 hours too late. Please, email me if you see one. Thanks, woodeye

#901920 - 08/01/14 05:56 AM Re: WTB- Vintage Fenwick FS89C [Re: cheapskate]
Woody Woodyard Offline
Egg

I'm not sure. You got one? I've seen really nice ones go for $75, and fairly beat up sticks go for $150 plus.
I'm afraid I'd pay "Stupid Money" for a really nice one.
As for the serial numbers, all I know for certain is the series go in alphabetical order. For most of the Fenwicks I've picked up, the H thru L or M series rods go from chrome to "Carbaloy" (sp) guides. I'm not sure which series saw the shift from metal ferrule to the all fiberglass "Ferrulite", but it was early. Some of the later ceramic insert guides had a strange 'flat metal' characteristic I'm not fond of, but they are sturdy. My only real No-No is: I'm not interested in Fenwick rods made in Taiwan. I've fished several ultra light and light spinners and they are nice, functional rods. I'm looking for USA built, preferably cork handled, and again, something in the H-M series range. A good one older than "H" would probably be out of my price range......

Edited by Woody Woodyard (08/01/14 06:43 AM)

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1114 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |