THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#899610 - 07/06/14 06:13 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: Dan S.]
jason m Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: pierce county, WA
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Originally Posted By: Rivrguy
Frankly if your planning your fishing off of a PP post then you have greater issues than someone helping out others.

Then there really isn't any point in keeping this thread going, right?

Or did you just step on your dick while trying to be a smartass?

Hey Dan, why don't you go throw an $800 setup in a river, so you have something better to bitch about??
Just a suggestion wink

And by the way, it really isn't much of an insult saying that a guy can step on his own dick - beer

#899661 - 07/07/14 12:40 AM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: jason m]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Dan S:

You don't like????? Don't read.......9800 people have taken a look. The river has a major problem....not "its the ocean conditions", that some people blame.

SE Olympia?????? Just head south, river of your dreams, is about an hour away.

Gives me something to do.... fish every morning and then get to practice my keyboarding skills.

Have a good day, night, morning......cause I know you'll be here.....lol Then you can practice your "words of wit"

Edited by DrifterWA (07/07/14 05:27 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#899662 - 07/07/14 12:43 AM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: DrifterWA]
Big Hunt Offline
Fry

Loc: Bremerton, WA
DrifterWA PM sent
I can attest to the slowness of the river, 3 fish spotted for 7 miles of river, have fun at it guys.

#899664 - 07/07/14 04:43 AM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: Big Hunt]
What Offline
Spawner

WFC

#899673 - 07/07/14 11:14 AM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: What]
Swifty27 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tri-Cities, WA
Wow. You weren't kidding about the river. I floated White Bridge to Wildwood in a kayak. Low and clear. Didn't see a fish while paddling. The couple of people fishing I talked to didn't have anything.

What's up the algae? My fried who lives over there says it's new.

#899676 - 07/07/14 11:25 AM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: Swifty27]
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

its not new we get it every year but not this early and not this heavy... it was blooming in early june.

mainly region 6

#899679 - 07/07/14 11:57 AM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: steely slammer]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Monday, July 7, 2014

3 fishermen......NO FISH.....

1 boat went down.....NO boats either side of river, going up.

Algae....It's on the bottom.......a real mess if water comes up fast and tears it lose from the bottom.......it would coat your line, jig, or bait....real "pain in the ass".

Heads up......Gravel bar at Devonshire, Twin Bridges, had cable across road.....I didn't get out to see if the cable had a lock on it....Care takers place is right there......and a donation thing....I have no idea, what's up ????

#899682 - 07/07/14 12:20 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: DrifterWA]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

With Skamania hatchery summer runs on the west side, their timing is such that by the 4th of July, they are "in the river" in very fishable numbers. From this point on fresh arrivals may increase population density in the river, or it may stay about the same as anglers remove fish by harvest. If fish abundance is low at this point, it's not because the run is "late." The run is here.

The smolt plant was normal, then yes, it is "ocean conditions," as in ocean smolt to adult survival. It's only a problem with the Wynoochee if other rivers stocked with the same smolts are getting typical returns. I'm not hearing of great returns anywhere. The Sky and Cowlitz have gotten more fish back, but relative to the number of smolts stocked, I don't think bragging rights are in order.

Sg

#899709 - 07/07/14 05:28 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: Salmo g.]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Sg

You might be correct......just tough for me and others to see what is happening this summer.........

#899751 - 07/08/14 02:04 AM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: DrifterWA]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
Sg

You might be correct......just tough for me and others to see what is happening this summer.........

It's a bad summerun season. Not just on the Nooch but on my favorite river too.

#899800 - 07/08/14 06:40 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: Steelheadman]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Tuesday....July8, 2014

5 fishermen, 3 tippers....... NO FISH !!!!!

No boats went in the lower drift, 2 boats went up the valley...

Tomorrow?????

#899856 - 07/09/14 12:57 AM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: DrifterWA]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Drifter..keep at it buddy, I'll keep on playing with the ones that got past you, tho I will admit it is slooooow....just seen about 30 or so clogged up above a small boat chute on my way back from the coast Sunday evening, got one out of the pod, surprised nobody was at that popular hole

#899859 - 07/09/14 03:53 AM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: On The Swing]
bankbum Offline
Spawner

I know that hole. Only seen a handful on Saturday wink

#899875 - 07/09/14 01:05 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: bankbum]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

4 fishermen....2 tippers, I went thru 8 colors this morning, up/down, close/far...........NO FISH, no takedowns.

1 boat lower river, one boat went up the valley. All the regulars are scratching their heads. This part of July and not many fish, "the late commers" are fast becoming the "not coming". Hope I'm wrong, haven't caught enough to do my "short smoke, canning bit yet".....normally all done, by end of June............grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'll be there tomorrow.....13' rod, cast, cast, cast......

#899917 - 07/09/14 07:01 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: DrifterWA]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Sounds tough................but @ least your getting out on a daily bases. Hang in there and don't chit the bed when it finally happens for ya.Good luck,

SZ

#899919 - 07/09/14 07:43 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Just curious,what type of return rate on a plant of 60K would be expected for summerruns down that way......1 or 2 %?
SF

#899921 - 07/09/14 08:29 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: stonefish]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope

Winterrun are 1 to 2 % and working on the Mitigation issue the question was asked so once one of us has that information it will be posted. If someone knows it would be great to know.

#899963 - 07/10/14 12:14 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: Rivrguy]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Thursday July 10, 2014

4 fishermen.....1 tipper, 3 straight jigs.......tipper got 1 fish, small but al least a fish...........yea.

1 boat put in, said its their 1st time this summer......wished them luck !!!!!!

No boats going up valley, while I was there.....

#900002 - 07/10/14 06:47 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: DrifterWA]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

#900100 - 07/11/14 04:24 PM Re: Wynoochee River...What's going on???? [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Friday, July 11, 2014

4 fishermen, 3 tippers and me. NO FISH....no rollers, no take downs, nothing.

1 boat went by, local, just wanted to do a short, fast float....

No boats went up the valley.

Reason some of the locals continue to fish every morning....gives us something to do and want to be there "if the run is late".

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, DrifterWA), 1083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |