THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#899901 - 07/09/14 04:31 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) **** [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Nate, you might want to register here too:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/shoparts.html

- Albert Einstein.

#899905 - 07/09/14 04:47 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: Sol Duc]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i think this will be the song we will play... smile

#899912 - 07/09/14 06:21 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: 5 * General Evo]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Invite those PP members who have given you good, bad, or ugly advice to your wedding; ask the officiant to leave out the part where he/she asks, "If there is anyone here who objects to this union... "

A marriage lasts longest when two slackers unite. Then, neither partner has the ambition, nor the energy to seek out an attorney, fill out all the paperwork, and meet the necessary deadlines a divorce demands.

Have Katie sign a prenup to protect your 50%. You could become quarter-assed in an instant without one!

wink

#899967 - 07/10/14 12:36 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: Direct-Drive]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive
Originally Posted By: Jet
Good luck Nate. Despite what was said above, UNION carpenters are a joke. I would hire a cleaning lady, or a weed picker as a carpenter before hiring one of those clowns!!!

You don't know schitt if you actually took the time to type that.

When I was young and stupid that's what I thought as well.
That's OK, I was a scab at one time and didn't know schitt...you can recover from it.

If you want to build shacks and nip at the edges of commercial, be a rat carpenter.
And then try to live on Social Security when you're old and broken.

The skilled workforce in the Pacific Northwest is union.
It is not the type of union where slackers can hide....if you fuk up you are gone instantly. Many people don't know that about construction unions in the PNW.

Most all large structures, bridges, etc. in the PNW were built by this workforce.
There is no other skilled labor pool that can handle such jobs.

I've been in both groups in leadership positions.

I work with a company full of scab non union guys who would take exception to your comments.

I like union concrete carpenters, beyond that... I go all out to avoid union rockers and tapers. They are the biggest group of change order writing carp I have ever worked with.

#900023 - 07/10/14 09:09 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I can't believe the volume of dumb fuks that have emerged in this thread.

Notice to all Dumfuks in this thread...you know who you are.
You're stoopid and have minimal life experience.
Hope that helps.

Name the place and I will gladly tell this to your face.
Centralia ?

Hopefully you can find a cure....if not, good luck in your endeavors.

Hint:
Might want to learn Spanish

JF C......godallmighty.....there is a time to STFU

rofl

Here's another hint :

Come out to the jobsite and start blabbering this schitt.
Let's see how that works out...

rofl rofl rofl

Get yer fukkin stones up and come on out.....
It's a slow news day.

rofl rofl rofl

#900026 - 07/10/14 09:24 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: Direct-Drive]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
This thread is the biggest dumbfuk orgy on this side of the Columbia, so don't hold yourself above any of this!

Edited by Bent Metal (07/10/14 09:25 PM)

#900028 - 07/10/14 09:28 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Hankster
My step-son is a contractor in the Napa Valley. He hired a union carpenter to work on one of his jobs. After working for a couple of hours the union guy says, "Hey, when are we taking a break?"

My step-son and the rest of the crew laughed at him.

rofl

Most definitely a reject if he was working on a scab crew.

Next.

Edit:
They're in the minor leagues and they know it....they know it.
They always want to see if they "measure up" to the big leaguers.
Enter the reject and everyone thinks they are cool.
I know the scenario.

Fact is there are low quality people everywhere.

I'm working with a 59 year old carp that is retiring in 3 weeks and his pension will equal his current salary.
If the stepson can match that or better, he is doing well, but I would bet not.

#900031 - 07/10/14 09:43 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

my dad views on Union Carpenters wasnt that they were shotty, lazy, uneducated, or any of that, he didnt like the workings of the unions... just like with all companies, union or not, there are hack players on the team, that give the rest of them a bad name....

my dad, and the people that worked for him, that i learned from, are far from "rat" carpenters as well...

i dont really like the terms that either side uses when refering to the other, because there is some very good, very smart guys on both sides of the field...

#900034 - 07/10/14 09:51 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Evo
my dad views on Union Carpenters wasnt that they were shotty, lazy, uneducated, or any of that, he didnt like the workings of the unions... just like with all companies, union or not, there are hack players on the team, that give the rest of them a bad name....

my dad, and the people that worked for him, that i learned from, are far from "rat" carpenters as well...

i dont really like the terms that either side uses when refering to the other, because there is some very good, very smart guys on both sides of the field...

Sorry, but your father's views were incorrect.
Form your own opinions and don't let others form your opinions for you no matter who they are.

Some of my father's opinions are not mine.

#900035 - 07/10/14 10:02 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
So 12 year old Johnny was home because of a school holiday, and he was driving his mother crazy. So she told him to go down the street and watch the crew frame the house that was being built. Well Mom did have a nice day, and Johnny came home about 5:15. Mom asked Johnny, 'How was your day?'
Johnny replies 'Great, and I learned a bunch.' 'Well just what did you learn Johnny?' 'I'll show you Mom just grab the end of this string, now pull it taught, OK now move it just a [Bleeeeep!] hair to the left, Oh for Christ's sakes can't you do any damn thing right...' Mother now interjects, 'Johnny you go fetch me a switch, I will not tolerate such talk in my home.' Johnny replies, 'You want a switch call a fuckin electrician, this is a union shop.' wink

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#900036 - 07/10/14 10:03 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: Direct-Drive]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

my other uncle is a Union Carpenter, and couldnt hold the guys that ive worked with jock strap...

like i said, there are hacks on both sides DD...

we had union guys come in on jobs and screw 4 million dollar houses up because they didnt measure right on the lower section of the house so all the doors were 4 inches shorter than they should have been... on 12 inch thick decorative concrete walls that were the entire bottom of the house... each one of the doors with the exception of the 6 panel were around 15k each, and none of them would fit....

that said, we also had non union guys come in and screw things up too...

and for the record, that other uncle, is a hack, he used to be all proud around my dad, but he got set straight real quick... actions speak louder than words...

#900037 - 07/10/14 10:15 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Maybe the scabs and rats should start building all the important stuff for a change.
I'm waiting....really...go for it...let's see what you got.

If I had to suddenly stop using all scab-built infrastructure, buildings, etc. my life would not be affected.

Turn the tables and see how that looks.
If you can follow.

#900040 - 07/10/14 10:24 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

theres nothing "scab" about any of this DD

#900041 - 07/10/14 10:24 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Cut to specs, pound to fit, paint to hide.

Oh, JF C you'd cry like a little girl if you tried bob and weave in the footings with the people that make it happen.
We're gonna be swingin' some 8 pounders and 10 pounders....come on up.
I'm not schitting....2x4 stakes....we might have some "lay-offs" for any weaners that show up.
It ain't gonna be easy.

rofl

#900042 - 07/10/14 10:27 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: Direct-Drive]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

and this is the exact house that they screwed up... i did alot of work on this one, this is the one my father died while finishing..

#900044 - 07/10/14 10:32 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i was working on this one as well as that other one at the same time, they were down the street from each other on Queen Anne, it was an interesting build for sure...

#900045 - 07/10/14 10:36 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Maybe the scabs and rats should start building all the important stuff for a change.

Remember that step-son I was telling you about? He bid on and got a gubmint job that amounted to going in and fixing the fukups from the union crew that built it.

He paid prevailing (union) wage and what that did was make his bid higher.

The gubmint was pleased with the work his scab crew did.

Well that's fine and dandy.
Anybody can fuk up....too bad it happened.

His guys can thank the union in their prayers every night for their "prevailing wages".
But this is how they get paid normally, right ? rofl
(I know that game)

There ain't no free lunch Hank....be careful about tying your bandwagon onto someone else's opinion.
I thought I was a badass scab at one time....grew out of it.
No schitt.

My scab era will be enough to send me to hell.
Hope the fuggers we tortured didn't commit suicide.
True, we were mean....very mean.

#900049 - 07/10/14 11:05 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

No having to hire someone with seniority and no last hired first fired.

I don't know where you're getting this but it has nothing to do with my industry.
Sounds like some far right wing spiel.

Get yer saggin' ass in the trenches and let's see what you think.
That's pretty much what I tell everybody.....
Everything else is just bullschitt.

rofl

If yo wanna get in the bigs, you get in the bigs.
If you like the littles, you stay in the littles.
That's pretty much it.

smile

#900072 - 07/11/14 10:59 AM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: Direct-Drive]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho

If I had to suddenly stop using all scab-built infrastructure, buildings, etc. my life would not be affected.

Turn the tables and see how that looks.
If you can follow.

Where would you buy groceries at, us scabs build most of the grocery stores and retail developments. At the scab company I work for we build hospitals, medical clinics, restaurants, breweries, work in major sporting venues, and build some schools.

We pay our guys well, if they planned, most will retire very well. As a trade we do owe the unions for our higher wages, but what the union was and what the union is are two different things these days.

#900082 - 07/11/14 12:49 PM Re: Fishing Dept Position @ Outdoor Emporium (Seattle) [Re: ]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Unions shmUnions

there to Protect the Slackers of 'Merica

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |