THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#902466 - 08/08/14 07:53 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: On The Swing]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Originally Posted By: On The Swing
3 of us peeled off, headed down there and stood in between them and the hole and started fishing. This obviously pissed them off and after words were said we just stated that they weren't "fishing" anymore,;)

Good for you on getting snaggers off the water, but just a friendly reminder that not everybody will turn tail and walk off, you might find yourself in a dogfight, and your buddies not being as tuff as you've remembered grin Best to keep your distance and respect everybody, even if they are scumbag rippers.

#902483 - 08/08/14 11:18 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Bent Metal]
cjjohnston14 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Silverdale, WA
No matter what ya do they will be there.. its apart of the river.. sad but true.. I hear eggs are working great now if only everyone used it exclusively the fish would be slamming them!! And the fish would be biting instead of being force fed..

CJ

#902488 - 08/08/14 11:35 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: cjjohnston14]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Totally hear ya bent metal. Don't always need friends to back a person up though. I just talk sh!t, I make no excuses for it..its just what I do, usually with a friendly smile but because well I hate seeing the sport be bastardized as such. Im not a dick to everyone, just the ones that are really fuckin with me, or should know better..like the yahoo's that go on to talk about how great of fisherman they are and all the OP rivers for steelies and the such, and the 400+ dollar waders and fancy gear...I'm just like "come the fack on dude!!".
I usually try to actually explain how the technique hurts us REC fishermen and how they are directly taking fish out of OUR quota, but ya gotta find a receptive person to the idea. I realize I'm not gonna change everyone, tho maybe If I can pick the right battle and can get thru to if only one person...and/or just keep them outta our reach of water I will be content

#902498 - 08/09/14 12:28 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: On The Swing]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
my favorite line from the snaggers, when asked if i can have those eggs that are obviously gonna get wasted: "no way dude, i need those for STEELHEAD!"

#902501 - 08/09/14 01:09 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Chum Man]
Potaire Offline
Smolt

Loc: Eatonville, WA.
Went yesterday (Sat) and lots of nice fish in there. Didn't mean to start a political/moral debate on fishing ethics--just wanted to know if the Kings were in yet. Thanx to all anyways. smile

Potaire

#902516 - 08/09/14 11:15 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Castingpearls]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

I fish the Hoh....

But I snag at the Skok
moon moon moon moon

#902521 - 08/09/14 11:56 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Potaire]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: Potaire
Went yesterday (Sat) and lots of nice fish in there. Didn't mean to start a political/moral debate on fishing ethics--just wanted to know if the Kings were in yet. Thanx to all anyways. smile

Potaire

If you are just looking for Skok info, your time would be better spent on gamefishin.com

#902531 - 08/10/14 11:39 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: fish4brains]
corny Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: tac=town
Originally Posted By: fish4brains

Potaire

If you are just looking for Skok info, your time would be better spent on gamefishin.com
Your right he should go over to GF at least there they dont judge you just because you ask about a certain river . Dont get me wrong i think this site is awesome ,I've learned a lot here about the history and new techs to try and so on . But i have also seen a hell of a lot more elitists here not all but a few . And i'm of the mind set it doesn't matter how you fish .Be it fly fishing ,bait guy. drift guy [ even flossin as long as your not rippin 5-6 times a drift .And yes i do call them out on it when i see it . ]hardware guy it just doesn't matter all that does matter is we are all FISH . And i believe if we all don't get our crap together and start working together then NON OF US WILL BE FISHIN SOON . [ off my soap box now ]

Corny

#902534 - 08/10/14 11:58 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: corny]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: corny

Potaire

Your right he should go over to GF at least there they dont judge you just because you ask about a certain river . Dont get me wrong i think this site is awesome ,I've learned a lot here about the history and new techs to try and so on . But i have also seen a hell of a lot more elitists here not all but a few . And i'm of the mind set it doesn't matter how you fish .Be it fly fishing ,bait guy. drift guy [ even flossin as long as your not rippin 5-6 times a drift .And yes i do call them out on it when i see it . ]hardware guy it just doesn't matter all that does matter is we are all FISH . And i believe if we all don't get our crap together and start working together then NON OF US WILL BE FISHIN SOON . [ off my soap box now ]

Corny

Well, we know what the Skok and Nasty are all about. It's not the river, it's the crowd that fishes there.

I fish the Skok - but I normally wait until the flows come up, because then the fuckin' snaggers don't ruin the holes becaue they can't get to them.

These are not people I want to hang with, and I certainly won't work with them. If you don't judge doorknob snagging fucktards that ruin the whole river, then that's a poor reflection on you. It doesn't make you an "elitist" if you look down your nose at f'n snaggers, either. It makes you an angler/piscator/fisherman.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#902539 - 08/10/14 02:40 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: fish4brains]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
f4b, LOL @ the "news" report.

I believe Tacoma still trucks tons of sewage sludge to be spread to grow fiber. IMHO Tree "farms" are guilty of plugging the lower Canal with the "nutrients." The salmon react by moving in river rather than hang out in the low O2 estuary.

#902540 - 08/10/14 02:49 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Dan S.]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

AMEN DANS!!

and I'd like to add corny that ...those fackers ARE NOT FISHING...They are harvesting/snagging. That is really all there is to it, end of story buddy. The art of fishing implies that you are tricking the fish into biting your presentation, which these guys most certainly are not doing...and if ya had been down there, sure they don't rip 4-6 times per cast..but only cause that would then take them outta the holding water so they have to recast then..

Did I mention how flossers take fish away from OUR QUOTA as well? Bait, spinner, fly..let's just call them ethical guys don't take 20 fish hooked to land their limit...more like maybe 3 or 4 for their 2....flossing/snaggers, now called "Facks" tend to hook a good many more than that before there limit...SO WHATS THE PROBLEM?
Well, glad you asked.. this river observes a 20% mortality (pretty standard for all fished rivers) so let's just take one morning at the lower guard rail hole...5 guys flossing, each encounter (hook up with) 10 fish before they can get their two legal ones and get outta there...well thats 50 fish encountered and 10 assumed to be dead..Those fish come out of OUR QUOTA..shortening our season on the river and fvckin with opportunities for the rest of us...now that just 10 fish outta ONE HOLE, IN ONE MORNING...try thinking about extrapolating that data to the WHOLE RIVER and then think about how those assholes "aren't hurting anyone"...

I don't give two shyts if you want to sit and make excuses for them, just dont fackin call them "fishermen" cause they arent...they are low-class, self entitled, children that's it! and it that makes me an "elitist" well then it shows your true stature in the community and you can kiss the egg goo laden backside of my chestwaders!

#902542 - 08/10/14 03:26 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: On The Swing]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

Ya, ya whatever... Just make sure Corny's avatar stays.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#902543 - 08/10/14 03:41 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: JTD]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: JTD

Ya, ya whatever... Just make sure Corny's avatar stays.

I approve of Booby Avatars.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#902563 - 08/10/14 08:59 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Dan S.]
corny Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: tac=town
Originally Posted By: Dan S.

Potaire

Corny

Well, we know what the Skok and Nasty are all about. It's not the river, it's the crowd that fishes there.

I fish the Skok - but I normally wait until the flows come up, because then the fuckin' snaggers don't ruin the holes becaue they can't get to them.

These are not people I want to hang with, and I certainly won't work with them. If you don't judge doorknob snagging fucktards that ruin the whole river, then that's a poor reflection on you. It doesn't make you an "elitist" if you look down your nose at f'n snaggers, either. It makes you an angler/piscator/fisherman.

Alright guys lets get a couple of things straight all right .First off not once did i say that i condone snaggin at f-n all . i even posted that i will call them out about it when i fish near them . And secondly my post wasn't about all that at all it was suppose to be about why some of ya'll talk crap about GF.com . but i got side tracked and did a very poor job of that . So before i respond to the post about my post let me say what i wanted to say first . I dont understand why some of ya'll have this thing about GF .Because what i have seen over there are people that love to FISH just like here .And i have even meet a few of them out fishin and they are great pepole .Yes there was some jerks that were on there for awhile when BD owned it but they have all pretty much move on now [odh now on wash lakes ] . and it seems like its getting back to what it was like when i joined over there . fisherman helping others when asked about hints or techs for a river or lake . And i may be wrong but isn't that what a fishing site is all about to promote fishing .so thats why i dont understand the problem .

I was going to respond to the other posts but why . I said what i wanted to say at the start of this . so why keep drama going when there is no need too. but i will say this guys i'm sorry i said some of ya'll were "elitists " Because i was making a assumption and being judgmental the exact same thing i was bitching about.

Corny

#902574 - 08/10/14 11:35 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: corny]
ronnie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lacey

I showed it to my wife. My wife said, "she must be a Seahawk's fan".

Later my wife asked, "how much do you think that temporary tattoo cost?"

There are a lot of things I could have said, like, "why, would you like one?"

But NOOOO. After having a couple of drinks, I said, " I don't know how much it cost, I would have done it for nothing."

Women have no sense of humor

Edited by ronnie (08/12/14 03:44 PM)
Edit Reason: word left out

#902575 - 08/10/14 11:42 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: ronnie]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

Tattoo.

rofl
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#902579 - 08/11/14 12:25 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: corny]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
I dont understand why some of ya'll have this thing about GF .
Corny

I was just suggesting he go there to get Skok reports, seems like there are plenty.

#902580 - 08/11/14 12:34 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: fish4brains]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Every site has the usual skok thread right now, with the usual players spouting off on it..i think the best is that guide treat spouting off his theories and anti-tribal rhetoric over there on washingtonfakes with all his fan boys kneeled at his alter of praise..

that really nasty site even has a couple threads up with some pretty funny stuff from the posters.

I'd go to hunters just for the Todd sighting but I'm going back to summer runz that are unflossable

#902582 - 08/11/14 09:01 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: On The Swing]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

I got into an on-line (but in private messages) dust-up with "the treat", what a tool. He posted a detailed report on how to catch big ling cod (females sitting on egg nests) off the south jetty in the spring, when I suggested (in a fairly polite P.M.)that a report like that on such a widely read forum is not in the best interest of the species he got all up in my face, when I reponded that I'd be sure to make a few comments when I next see him on a river I fish he got even worse, telling me he has "lots" of lawyers in his family just waiting to sue someone, I laughed and responded with some suggestions on what they could all do. Give him crap when you see him out , he needs the high blood pressure. Bob R

#902583 - 08/11/14 09:48 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: bob r]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Well todd, keep an eye out he's apparently "guiding" people on the lower skok...150 bucks to learn how to snag'em in the mouth...ya gotta be kidding me!

He always tries to threaten to sue, Fchan woulda been gone a long time ago, but it seems like it's hard to sue someone over something said on the internet forums

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1012 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645364 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |