THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#902596 - 08/11/14 01:21 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: On The Swing]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Anyways.... Enough of all the bullllshit hows the Skok fishin' rofl

#902610 - 08/11/14 04:26 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Timber]
Spoonmeister Offline
Fry

Anyone fishing the Nisqually this week?

#902628 - 08/11/14 06:36 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: BroodBuster]
Idaho Mike Offline
Carcass

Loc: Post Falls Idaho
Yep, the annual Skok thread signals that summer is almost over.

Originally Posted By: BroodBuster
hello hello helloMy favorite annual thread hello hello hello

Hunting season just around the corner!

mooseshootYaymooseshoot

#902670 - 08/11/14 10:54 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Idaho Mike]
Spoonmeister Offline
Fry

Potaire,

I m gonna hit the Nasty on Wednesday morning. I'll let u know how it went. Damn dude, this thread got side tracked like a "mat' ublyudok" (!) LOL, not Russian; just used the Google translator. :)))

#902673 - 08/11/14 11:29 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Spoonmeister]
spoon man Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: oly
Originally Posted By: Spoonmeister
Potaire,

I m gonna hit the Nasty on Wednesday morning. I'll let u know how it went. Damn dude, this thread got side tracked like a "mat' ublyudok" (!) LOL, not Russian; just used the Google translator. :)))

Nisqually is closed on Wednesday, but lower skokomish is open to all forms of butt fvckery.

#902691 - 08/12/14 12:55 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: spoon man]
Spoonmeister Offline
Fry

Thx dude, I just checked the dates on my phone. Funny thing is that I live on that river. This sux. Thursday it is, then.

Edited by Spoonmeister (08/12/14 12:57 AM)

#902751 - 08/12/14 03:51 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: On The Swing]
ronnie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lacey
JDT

Sorry, I left a word out in my post. It should have read "temporary" tattoo.

I'd still do it for free.

#902848 - 08/13/14 02:21 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: ronnie]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
I heard JBLM is sending in a combat unit to both rivers complete with tanks, Hummers and a few F-15s to keep the peace. The state is working on a way for 200 hundred fisherman to split 3 salmon!

#902854 - 08/13/14 03:17 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: gooybob]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Well they should!..word on the street is that a 14 year old tribal kid got jumped on the skok yesterday by several guys, I know of who the father is and the kid was actually a pretty good guy ( if it was him)
I hope he is okay and this isn't the start of something wicked to come this way.

Is it time we stand up and start policing our fellow fishermen yet?

Edited by On The Swing (08/13/14 03:18 PM)

#902865 - 08/13/14 04:28 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: On The Swing]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
Like the tribals are always the victims...

I was shot with a pellet gun when I was 12 fishing with some friends and their dad. Shot me right next to the balls. Lucky he wasn't a better shot. The pellet went through my waders and broke the skin.

I have seen lots of run-ins on the Skokomish, and usually it is racially directed. The white guys spewing slurs or the natives shooting people with pellet guns...it has to stop.

I was fishing with a couple of other bobber guys last weekend away from the crowds, and out of the woods come three native guys (about 16-18) spewing slurs (honkies, whitebread etc..). They said they were going call the tribal police and say we threatened them. They didn't. They left and came back about an hour later with what looked like tuna rods and started ripin' lip with old skok fly (led wrapped treble). I had one fish so I decided to make my exit. As I was gutting out my fish...one of the native punks chucked his crap right on top of some poor guys bobber gear. He reeled up the guys stuff and cut it off. Their misguided sense of entitlement is a majority of the problem. Rock throwing ensued and one of the native kids said he was going to get his gun. We got out of their fast.

On the Swing, Im sure you have your reasons for being sympathetic, I really do understand. My dad is a drug and alcohol (amongst other things) counselor for some local tribes, and being broken and hurt is a huge problem that contributes to most of the issues facing native americans. However in some of the training provided by the tribes themselves, they encourage him to help them themselves and...wait for it...STOP BLAMING THE WHITE MAN for all your problems.

I have talked to some more mature members of the tribe while fishing (bobber and bait fisherman..go figure) and they are disappointed at how things are going down. One blamed both sides for having to much of a sense entitlement. Them with the river and netting (access) and us with the hatcheries (claiming we pay for all the fish and they net most of them).

I liked his idea: on all fisheries where tribal gill netting and white gear fisherman interact, the tribes have their own hatcheries with federal over site and the state keeps their hatcheries. I know this brings in a whole new set of problems...but at least the issue of "our fish/your fish" argument could be settled. Who knows....but something needs to happen.

#902873 - 08/13/14 05:28 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: jgreen]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

That's not what I was sayin buddy..i was stating something that happened on the river the other day and that instances like that make it hard for our Co managers to work together as a unit, and I wouldn't be surprised to see increased regulations or a partial closure next year.
And I can agree with some of what your sayin, even in that last Paragraph but the system isn't set up that way, and it is unlikely to be changed any time soon..soooo...we should (treaty and non-treaty) just try to treat eachother as though you would want to be treated..ya there are young punks in the tribe..but there are a lot more non-treaty punks out there..ya just gotta turn the other cheek and let some [Bleeeeep!] slide once in awhile to keep forward progress...
Jesus, this isn't a hesbola, Israeli, palistinian, thing here...but yet we are treating it as such

#902874 - 08/13/14 05:50 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: On The Swing]
bota2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Allyn
There was a clubbing. A pair of kids got into an argument and 2 of them squared off. Afterwards they parted ways, then three grown men chased the young teenagers down, pinned them against the fence and started beating away, one of them is in the hospital.

I was also shown pictures of crap all along the trails, beer cans everywhere and a half filleted fish to go along with the open bellied fish from snaggers. These of course are yearly pictures.

Edited by bota2 (08/13/14 06:54 PM)

#902881 - 08/13/14 06:47 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: bota2]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

The yearly Smoke-homish thread is developing nicely.

grin
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#902928 - 08/13/14 10:31 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: JTD]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Yeah, what a gem! Hope they close the fuk'er down. All those fisheries do is breed desperate maggots that use the same tactics and b.s on other streams...

#902930 - 08/13/14 10:36 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Bent Metal]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
Yeah, thats smart...shut down the Skok nasty and the puke. Then everyone will move west and north. Great plan smart one. I say these rivers are to far gone. Turn 'em into meat markets and let them have at it! That way, come September they aren't swarming the Satsop Humptulips and such.

#902949 - 08/13/14 11:28 PM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: On The Swing]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
Originally Posted By: On The Swing

Is it time we stand up and start policing our fellow fishermen yet?
i think that's long past due. unfortunately the snagger types can have a real chip on their shoulder(often alcohol/drug fueled) and rarely hang out alone. a lot of them like to pick fights, too.

i fish the nisqually a lot in august and september, i grew up fishing it and have no plans to give it up. needless to say i was a little shocked by the closures this year that take up quite a bit of the season. from what i understand, it's due to on-river idiocy by sport fishermen. i'm not saying the tribe doesn't fuel a lot of that(i've had some of the younger netters try to play chicken with me when i've been anchored up along the bank the last few years), but every time we go up against them, we're set up to lose from the get go. best to just grin and bear it, and be thankful they can't net 6 days a week like some systems.

there's enough salmon to go around, learn to share a little bit, and leave the dumbass at the bar where it belongs.

#902979 - 08/14/14 12:57 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: Chum Man]
big.fishy
Unregistered

I'm happy to say I have never fished the skokomish

#902983 - 08/14/14 01:03 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: ]
big.fishy
Unregistered

Nor nisqually..

#902988 - 08/14/14 01:15 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: ]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: big.fishy
I'm happy to say I have never fished the skokomish

That there are places you won't fish because they are owned by unethical scumbags is nothing to be proud of or happy about.

I'm NOT happy to say I don't enjoy fishing the Skokomish, Quilcene Bay, and several other places anymore because of the contingent of useless, ignorant people who feel they're somehow entitled to snag fish and have turned those beautiful places into dirty, hostile, and even dangerous places. Sad is all that makes me.

#902995 - 08/14/14 01:35 AM Re: Anything in Skok or Nisqually yet?? [Re: gooybob]
Spoonmeister Offline
Fry

Just called the Range Control. I have a retiree ID Card and DOD sticker on my truck but still have to get the access pass. Same thing for the active duty members, too. Geez.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |