THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#903403 - 08/18/14 07:48 PM A report...with some fishing and fish even ;)
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
My girl and I bailed out for four days and headed to the mountains...found a secret squirrel spot to set up camp for a few days, nearest neighbors were over a mile away.

Managed to squeeze in one three hour fishing session, and it was pretty darned successful for such a short amount of time...got a couple of big Dollies/Bull Troots, two summer Chinook, one wild summer run, and a handful of rainbows, cutthroat, and a whitefish.

A few pics...

Home for four days...

My Camp Kitchen with Camp Cook wink

A few views of our back yard, and down the river a little ways...

Backyard

A bit downriver...

And...a couple fishies that managed to stick around long enough for some photos...

A beautiful spring/summer Chinook hen, very spunky!

And a 28" Dolly Varden/Bull Trout with a huge kype...this fish was easily 9 pounds, mebbe a bit more...

Found these tasty little buggers while out on a stroll...

They were sauteed up with dinner about an hour after finding their way into my hands wink

We were also happy to find that our camping zone, besides being far from anyone or anything else, was well stocked with both red and blue huckleberries, many of which made it into a fantastic cast iron skillet cornbread that my girl whipped up for breakfast on Saturday morning.

All in all...best four days I've spent in quite a while. The first couple of days the alarm went off at 5am for me to get up and fish...didn't even bother with the snooze button, just shut the damn thing right off and went back to bed. Didn't even bother setting it at all the last couple of days...having too much fun hanging out around camp with my girl to go off fishing by myself for more than the one short jaunt I did.

Got a rock stuck in one of my tires, and it developed a leak...but it happened on the way off the mountain on Sunday afternoon and stations with compressors were spread just enough to allow me to get all the way back to I-5 where got it fixed...no biggie.

Unfortunately while waiting to have it fixed I found out that someone had drained one of my accounts of a few thousand bucks by using it to buy clothes and perfume online...but hopefully the bank will follow thru and have that cleaned up in no time.

Not nearly bad enough stuff to even slightly mar how good a time we had wink

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#903409 - 08/18/14 08:10 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: ]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Nice story telling, great pic's, nice camp setup........used to be my favorite way to "ruff it in the wilds"......later in life, trailer was the way to go....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#903418 - 08/18/14 09:13 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: DrifterWA]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
That looks like fun. Thanks for the report, it was enjoyable.
I haven't been camping in quite a while. I may have to give it a try again.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#903423 - 08/18/14 09:24 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: blackmouth]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Great pics... Looks like a great camp spot. No summer run shot??

#903426 - 08/18/14 09:37 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Bent Metal]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
Solid!

Nice Bull and lady pics. Was that chinook clipped?

Take care,

#903428 - 08/18/14 09:52 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: eugene1]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Ripper of a respite!

#903429 - 08/18/14 09:55 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Driftin']
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Neither Chinook was clipped, the summer run, the other Chinook, and the other big Dolly were not in a photo taking mood...too spunky for solo pics, so no pics.

Fish on...

Todd

#903433 - 08/18/14 10:25 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Todd]
Spoonmeister Offline
Fry

Very nice smile probably the best post I have seen on fishing boards in a last few weeks . Were u up by Wenatchee National forest bytw? It's ok, u can tell:)

#903443 - 08/18/14 11:33 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Spoonmeister]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Nope...right state, though ;-)

Fish on...

Todd

#903446 - 08/18/14 11:46 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Todd]
Spoonmeister Offline
Fry

LOL! I had to pry! At least I got the State right!

#903456 - 08/19/14 02:26 AM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Spoonmeister]
outfishn Offline
Returning Adult

Nice post and perfect trip Todd! minus the tire and bank issues.

#903461 - 08/19/14 08:00 AM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: outfishn]
Rag N Steel Offline
Feel Free to make small talk ;)

Loc: South MILF Hill
Is the rvrfsher account good to use ? hope the don't get my CC # headed to the wood this weekend with the wife a toon hope to get a wild fish or two this weekend good post todd. Sorry to hear about loss of money.

www.badcatboats.com

#903467 - 08/19/14 10:27 AM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Rag N Steel]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Great post. That is what summer in WA is supposed to be like.

I camped with my crew at Kalaloch last weekend. Kids had a ball.

#903471 - 08/19/14 11:41 AM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Rocket Red]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Chanterelles in mid August!? Nicely done. I would not have expected them to be coming up. Great find.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

#903474 - 08/19/14 11:43 AM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: cohoangler]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Nice report Todd.
Looks like a great way to spend four days relaxing.
That is one of the biggest brown trout I've ever seen caught in this state...... wink
SF

#903477 - 08/19/14 12:13 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: stonefish]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Your trip rundown put a smile on my face this morning Todd, thanks! thumbs

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#903480 - 08/19/14 12:29 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: NOFISH]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Livin'. L-I-V-I-N'. thumbs

#903482 - 08/19/14 12:36 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: NickD90]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Thanks, guys...my girl had not been camping in many years and she was kind of ambivalent about it...but now she is already asking when I will take her again.

I can see a fall camping/coho trip in her future.

stone, that was a mighty fine brown troot smile

The little patch of chantrelles I found had a few that had already passed into the world of nursery shrooms, a few ready to eat, and a bunch of little baby ones just starting to push thru the detritus on the ground...if no one finds them I will go back and get some more of them soon smile

Fish on...

Todd

#903485 - 08/19/14 12:53 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Todd]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Nice trip Todder.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#903490 - 08/19/14 01:27 PM Re: A report...with some fishing and fish even ;) [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Swifty27 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tri-Cities, WA
Looks like a great trip. Awesome river out your back door.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1070 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |