Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#906402 - 09/17/14 08:34 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: ]
Ohop Joe Offline
Fry

So do I get these new regs correct that fishing is only open in the "East Gray's Harbor Fishery" zone, but not in the rest of 2-2?

Edited by Ohop Joe (09/17/14 08:35 PM)

#906410 - 09/17/14 09:33 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: Ohop Joe]
steely slammer Offline
Three Time Spawner

go out and take a look around and you will see whats going on..

mainly region 6

#906412 - 09/17/14 10:57 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: steely slammer]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
4 coho in the box today, fished from first light to 3pm. Heard they did ok in the river. the rain should be moving fish upriver tonight.

Edited by fish4brains (09/17/14 10:57 PM)

#906417 - 09/18/14 12:49 AM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Like shooting fish in a bucket..wait, those ain't fish!

Ya find out who your friends are....

GDITMMM!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#906431 - 09/18/14 09:59 AM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: eyeFISH]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Lots slower yesterday. May not be worth it for the weekend. Does that help for those of you I pissed off?

#906432 - 09/18/14 10:30 AM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: eyeFISH]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Melanie and I struck out on Monday on the upper river but returning on Tuesday paid off with 3 nice silvers, 7, 9, and 11 lbs. On a down note we were pretty much swamped by a 19 ft. North River Jet, color red.Coming into the launch at Monte we are upstream a little,on the launch side of river coming in slow as we see them launching and a 14 ft. boat pulling out.The North River does a hole shot right from the launch making 4 to 5 ft. wake 15 yrds off of us. I just have enough time to turn into it but Melanie takes about 20 or more gallons from neck on down over the bow.If I hadn't turnd into it we def. would have flipped. We managed to get in without capsizing, they never gave us a backwards glance. I tried to get the marine patrol involved, the dispatcher had a Monte cop call me back (no Sheriff even though I requested one, some of these dispatchers are real P.O S.!). I convinced him to go to the launch as they would be returning, (this happened at approx. 5:00 P.M.) and if I stayed I'm sure I would have wound up in jail when I confronted them. He called back to say that he contacted them, they admitted to pulling out at full throttle 'cause "they were in a hurry to get to their "fishing hole" but denied seeing us. We were 15 yards from them, if we were 10 or 15 yards out further from the bank they would have run us over.He said that they felt "terrible" about it. What a laugh. I convinced him to forward info to marine patrol even though he thought that it wasn't neccesary as "they were very sorry and felt terrible."After a lot of trouble just to talk to marine patrol I spoke with an oficer who had been out earlier that day. After I told him I expected him to have a stern talk with them (which is what they told me they would be glad to do when I complained about this kind of bull**** two years ago). The officer at the time (sheriff's marine patrol) told me that they couldn't cite them unless they actually run you down or the officer observes it. Well.the guy I spoke with yesterday told me that he would issue an infracion even though he didn't witness it, I told him that the case would be thrown out for lack of evidence, that I would be happy just for a stern warning ,That I thought it was a waste of resources just to have it trown out.He asked me to write statements and he would pick them up yesterday. He hasn't answered the messages on the personal phone # he gave me, hasn't picked up statements, don't expect much as they are lazy turds from the dispatchers on down. I guess I'll have to go to jaIL next time for assault as they won'f enforce boating regs to keep people safe or even follow up on complaints. Marine patrol, WHAT A JOKE! I'll be looking for these ass***** that almosr swamped us, I won't say just what I will do on a public forum. I'm really pissed off about Melanie getting wet and upset, I know most of you would feel the same way if it was your wife that got soaked and almost went swimming. If any of you guys that know the time we put into Greys harbor salmon management plan have any space in a larger boat for the bay and can take us out one day before it closes it would be appreciated. Bob R and Melanie

#906436 - 09/18/14 11:51 AM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: ]
Swifty27 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tri-Cities, WA
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.

#906445 - 09/18/14 01:03 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: Swifty27]
jason m Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: pierce county, WA
I run a small boat that handles fairly rough conditions well. The only time I have trouble is when a douchebag in a large vessel is not paying attention. Out in the salt I have had 40'+ cruiser/yachts come down off plane next to me to ask me how the fishing is... can't talk to them because now I have to take evasive maneuvers to avoid being capsized by their wake.
Sure glad the boaters education course spends about 500 questions about how to properly fuel a jet ski... don't recall any material about on the water etiquette. Swifty27 has it right, I don't think most of these people are doing what they do out of malice , they're just stupid douchebags with more money than brains.

I'm with the 1leggedman, unfortunately, I find myself passing on more and more fishing opportunities these days. It's not just the numbers of anglers either - its the temperament/attitude, why has fishing become an energy drink fueled race... to what end??

#906448 - 09/18/14 01:10 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: Swifty27]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Hate to hear that Bob R.

I would probably rule out malice, there are a lot of idiots out there. Having the sheriff make contact probably did a lot of good for those guys. Anyone with moderate credit can buy a big-ass boat, brains not included.

Most of us who have a boat have done something stupid at one time. I came around a corner last winter thinking I was the only boat on the water and there was a canoe guy paddling around the inside corner I went about 15' off his port side at full tugboat wake. I saw him after I blew by and went back down to apologize and make sure he was okay. Turns out it was my junior college Linear Algebra professor, so I yelled "Paybacks a bitch!" and took off again. Actually, we just chatted a minute.

I also hate to hear that 1LM's happy place isn't fishing as much as it once was, but I can relate. I only like certain fisheries because of that.

Here's a happy story from Grays Harbor:

My youngest has been begging me to take her fishing, so last Sunday we got up early at 7:30 and headed for tidewater, after getting the necessary snacks, and drinks. We worked on her casting for a bit, and she wanted to use a spinner. We made it about 30' before I had to cut her line and retie it. Then about 30 more feet before she cast into a tree. Somewhere along the line I got a cast in and got a silver, which she netted and did a pretty good job of it. After that we did a lot more cutting and retying and tree fishing. I passed the rod to her a few more times with rampaging silvers on the other end, but she is just a little too small for the long-butted levelwind set ups and we didn't get any more in the net. Lots of fun watching them jump and all the excitement in her face.

I asked about 11:30 if she was ready to go and she was emphatic that we stay. She wanted to "put out the weight" meaning the anchor so we set up by a log jam and plunked in some eggs. Lots of bites on the eggs, she had a ball reeling in the jacks, and they put up a pretty good account of themselves. At one point she was reeling in a fish and reeled in the other rod and left the bait sitting in the water just under the surface. I turned back in time to see an adult pick the bait right off the surface and try stealing our rod and all. I grabbed it just in time, but the fish got away after a couple of headshakes.

Fish box was mostly empty and with a crew of buddies we probably would have caught a lot of nice adults, but I haven't had that much fun fishing in a long time.

#906453 - 09/18/14 01:45 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: Rocket Red]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Nice story RR.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#906454 - 09/18/14 01:51 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: Rocket Red]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Great story, red.Also great photo. Good to see the next generation dedicated to fishing. The marine officer finally got back to me an hour or so ago( Ihad left him two messages that he finally listened to). I'll drop off statements from Melanie and myself, but I'm not holding my breath as to actions taken. It wasn't malice, just total ignorance that could have resulted in a tragic story.It wouldn't have made much difference if my wife was hurt, stupidity like that coming out of a launch is unforgivable. Maybe we'll be out again tomorrow, let me know if river is too discolored after rain lately. Got to put more food in freezer(that smaller 7 lb. fish made for a GREAT dinner.Wife wants to go back to Lake Quinault on Sunday, she knows what a peaceful, relaxing, and productive fishery that is, I'd like another shot at those silvers on Friday if the river holds fairly clear. Those fish fight like a rocket on the end of your line. Bob R

#906457 - 09/18/14 02:25 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: bob r]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Misdemeanor presence. Other than a "stern talking to", nothing will come of it Bob. You did what you can, they were contacted, done.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#906469 - 09/18/14 03:58 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: Dogfish]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
RR, that post made my day. It is nice to hear good stories rather than all the (legitimate) bad news and sourness that is out there.

#906534 - 09/19/14 02:08 AM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
bob r:

River didn't color at all......fish away, best of luck to you and your wife.

Sorry about the experience at South Montesano launch......happens all to often............people want to fish, sometimes to many boats in a small area, of course some people think the best fishing is "either way down river or way up river" .

I stopped using that launch.......sometimes just too many people, not enough parking and quite a ways from the area I like to fish.

Everyone enjoy the fishing.....let the problems on the river be few and far between.....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#906565 - 09/19/14 03:16 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: DrifterWA]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
In the tidewater reach late yesterday the Coho moved hard and the same on incoming this morning. Adults & Jacks mixed together chrome bright and it is a blast. It is about as good as it gets at this minute.

#906684 - 09/20/14 08:18 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: Rivrguy]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Saturday....9/20/14

Chehalis---Upper tide water

Missed the early morning bite,,,,,,by the time I got out, East wind was blowing.....big time.

Left early.....went to town around 11.....lots of boats behind the mall and up river towards Cosie...didn't see any nets flying. East wind was still blowing. Drove to 28th Street, just for a "lookie lou", could tell people had gone home early.....lot's of parking. Talked with one boater....had a fish, caught early....then wind started, saw very few caught. Person also made comment above tough fishing because of the wind.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#906723 - 09/20/14 10:03 PM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: DrifterWA]
Local Offline
Returning Adult

As a graduate of AHS I learned that wind from the East fish bite least.

#906763 - 09/21/14 11:46 AM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: Local]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Wind? East? That is a understatement! Yesterday was a bit from fishing hell trying beat that gentle little breeze ( gentle my azz ) blowing everybody all over the river. From the West this morning which is a substantial improvement.

#906852 - 09/22/14 11:04 AM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: Local]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Local
As a graduate of AHS I learned that wind from the East fish bite least.

Tru'dat.

As a veteran of the Cold War, I've learned that ...

"If you post it, they will come"

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#906856 - 09/22/14 11:23 AM Re: Grays Harbor Opener [Re: eyeFISH]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

QIN are in at noon today for two days. Also the weeks of the 13th & 20th are Monday in with varying pull out days the rest of the weeks Sunday noon. Might have keep a eye on the days as they may move around some.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |