THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#909094 - 10/09/14 11:26 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Direct-Drive]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
If it makes the flossers/snaggers feel better, I don't floss sockeyes in Alaska or in British Columbia, either.

Feel better now?

As a very relevant aside, it's not illegal to floss in British Columbia. It is plainly illegal down here, even if it's hard or impossible to enforce, and no amount of justification for it makes it legal.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#909096 - 10/09/14 11:29 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Direct-Drive]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Sometimes you have to pick battles you can win. Snagging sockeye will never go away, so the task at hand should be managing that fishery in the most responsible and sustainable way possible.

I'm ok with being attacked, constructively or generally Nor Cal. Keeps me on my toes and prompts some thought that might otherwise be easy to forego.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#909105 - 10/09/14 11:58 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: ColeyG]
Nor Cal Drifter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Whether or not it's legal shouldn't matter when the majority (all?) of those that "hate flossers" cite ethical reasons, not legal. Interestingly enough, on the rivers I fish down here where flossing is prevalent, they are hatchery supported systems. Wild spawners were wiped out years ago when they built the dams and blocked access to 99% of the spawning gravel. So all the "hatchery turds" and "AHFMD" types outta be happy the flossers are removing those fish from the gene pool..

#909107 - 10/10/14 12:12 AM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Nor Cal Drifter]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Nor Cal Drifter
Whether or not it's legal shouldn't matter when the majority (all?) of those that "hate flossers" cite ethical reasons, not legal. Interestingly enough, on the rivers I fish down here where flossing is prevalent, they are hatchery supported systems. Wild spawners were wiped out years ago when they built the dams and blocked access to 99% of the spawning gravel. So all the "hatchery turds" and "AHFMD" types outta be happy the flossers are removing those fish from the gene pool..

Have you considered Ideology?

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#909114 - 10/10/14 12:40 AM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: blackmouth]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Purposely breaking fish and wildlife laws is an ethical issue, defending it makes the lawbreaker look kinda stupid, and doing it with fish and game laws is something no "sportsman" would do.

Fish on...

Todd

#909125 - 10/10/14 01:06 AM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Todd]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
non se·qui·tur noun
noun: non sequitur; plural noun: non sequiturs; noun: nonsequitur; plural noun: nonsequiturs

a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#909128 - 10/10/14 01:12 AM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Todd]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Most of us fish for fun. It really isn't subsistence for 99% of anglers. Especially the ones who buy a license and gear and everything else you need for this stuff.

Flossing is sort of like ordering a steak well-done. It is taking something that can be really good and ruining it. I try not to look down on people who order steak well done, or go a-flossing but it is hard. The best part of fishing is the fishing part, cheating yourself out of that when the fish will attack a lure or bait that you actually are fishing with is a total waste, like a well done steak.

#909129 - 10/10/14 01:39 AM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: blackmouth]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Rev. blackmouth
non se·qui·tur noun
noun: non sequitur; plural noun: non sequiturs; noun: nonsequitur; plural noun: nonsequiturs

a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

Stay tuned for the "have you ever driven over the speed limit?" comments, followed by "my tax dollars pay for those fish and I can snag them if I want, I'm entitled to them" argument...it's on page four and I'm surprised those haven't been played up yet. Again.

Fish on...

Todd

#909132 - 10/10/14 08:42 AM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Nor Cal Drifter]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA

Hopefully this Black Cloud and its revelers will stay down there.
It's a shame, really.

#909153 - 10/10/14 02:08 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Direct-Drive]
Nor Cal Drifter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Sacramento, CA
You already have it "up there." It's just as prevalent in WA and OR as it is in CA - the title of this thread is inaccurate.

#909159 - 10/10/14 03:19 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Nor Cal Drifter]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
You'd better ban anyone on here that's ever fished (i.e . Flossed) Sockeye in AK while your at it.

If I got to ban everyone that made a blatantly half brain-dead stupid comment on this board, there would be no one left here.

Except Redhook. And Stam.

I don't have a problem with anyone flossing fish for meat and not sport. Floss your limit and fish and go home. Not a single fish or cast once you've hooked your limit. Catch and release and flossing do not mix, in my book.

Change the regs so that you MUST retain the fish you hook and land.

See. I should be banning myself now for this blatantly half brain-dead stupid comment.

#909161 - 10/10/14 03:25 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Banned User
Yes
You should ban yerself...

On general principles....

smile

Good idea.

In my absence, I now bequeath Moderatorship to Todd The Mod.

He's now running the ship boys.

See ya!

#909162 - 10/10/14 03:47 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Keta]
REV. JER Offline
Parr

Seriously flossing/snagging should be illegal everywhere!!! You're cutting the fish up by ripping through em constantly, you're leaving gear hanging off of em because of your inability to tie a freakin knot and it creates an atmosphere of no respect for the fish/other people/and the environment. I know they die any way and Id rather they nourish the river system than have the eggs taken and the corpse put in your trash can! I will pick on these people relentlessly every time i see em. They are human trash! Its so funny to me how much sass mouth they have to give me when I don't open carry my pistol but when they can see it they just listen to me belittle them mercilessly.

#909164 - 10/10/14 04:06 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: REV. JER]
Barbarosa
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: REV. JER
Its so funny to me how much sass mouth they have to give me when I don't open carry my pistol but when they can see it they just listen to me belittle them mercilessly.

Just shoot them no good varmint cotton pickin sumbitches an quit yer cryin %%$#%%!!!!!!!^%^$#%$%$!!!!!!

#909165 - 10/10/14 04:27 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: REV. JER]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: REV. JER
Seriously flossing should be illegal everywhere!!!

Not quite everywhere......

#909176 - 10/10/14 05:37 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: ]
REV. JER Offline
Parr

That is beautiful. smile Can't complain about that.

#909177 - 10/10/14 05:40 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: REV. JER]
RobertF
Unregistered

hello banana agree applause

#909178 - 10/10/14 07:05 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Direct-Drive]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive
Originally Posted By: Rev. blackmouth
Originally Posted By: Banned User
Make flossers read brewers posts....while staked to a pile of chum carcasses

On an anthill.

In the desert, naked.

don't forget a bottle iof pa just out of reach too. foul

#909181 - 10/10/14 07:54 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: REV. JER]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

"Its so funny to me how much sass mouth they have to give me when I don't open carry my pistol but when they can see it they just listen to me belittle them mercilessly."

So you are saying you are a big pussy without your gun and a big dick with your gun?

#909182 - 10/10/14 08:02 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: REV. JER]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Yep, there are good flossers and bad flossers.
She bad.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 632 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |