Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#909934 - 10/17/14 04:06 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: norcalsnagger
As Coley pointed out, flossing is not illegal in AK (Sockeye) and snaggers would argue it's not illegal in the lower 48.

typo

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#909936 - 10/17/14 04:16 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: Banned User
Depends....

What was your intent ?

Was it a hatchery moose ?

Holiday Inn Express or Red Lion?

#909997 - 10/17/14 08:30 PM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Nor Cal Drifter]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Nor Cal Drifter
As Coley pointed out, flossing is not illegal in AK (Sockeye) and some would argue it's not illegal in the lower 48.

I'm gonna sign off on this discussion - there's no right or wrong, just opinion, and everyone is entitled to that.
My final thought - I consider myself a very ethical angler, a great steward of the resource, and the best ally you will have as we continue to fight to save our fisheries. I also have flossed fish before - intentionally.

And yes, I used the words ethical and flossed in the same paragraph.
Dammit, I wish you bastages would just love me for who I am.

I'm out.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

#910040 - 10/18/14 12:20 AM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Direct-Drive]
Roy Otis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

$400 dollar rod-check
$200 dollar reel-check
Simms gear from head to toe-check
9 foot leader-check
tuft of yarn (black or purple)-check
hefty rip each and every cast after approx. 3-5 seconds-check
multiple foul hooked fish, one after another until the triumphant cry of..................it's in the face, on the head, whatever.....priceless!

The long and the short of it is this...THE FISH NEEDS TO TAKE THE HOOK, NOT THE HOOK TAKING THE FISH!
It seems easy to cast your glance on the guy with the white or yellow 7 foot broom handle rod with the oversized spinning reel, but in reality they are the minority. When you stand back and observe at the Skok, Satsop, Hump, or anywhere else where kings and silvers congregate in freshwater in our fine State, what you actually see is the first eight lines of this post. If your hucking a gob of lead and 9 foot of leader your one of them. It is remarkable to me that the same guys that you see doing the 5 second rip on salmon are the same guys that are carefully dissecting water and working hard for a bite come steelhead season. In a boat or on the bank, they fish jigs under a float, drift eggs, pull plugs and set the hook when necessary, not as a matter of routine each and every cast in hopes of finally getting one somewhere from the gill plate forward. Flossing (gentleman snagging as some refer to it) is a joke. You can dress it up and justify it any way you want but if you think it is legit or sporting (in WA), you are our of touch. Let the fish take the hook (offering) not the other way around.

#910051 - 10/18/14 08:39 AM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Roy Otis]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
i started noticing a lot more of those types once the gigantic runs of slimers started to take off in the puyallup. they got a lot of people interested in "fishing" and then they branched out. it seems to be an I5 corridor thing but unfortunately it's branching out.

confront them about it and they get massively offended, after all that's how they learned to fish and we must just be some damned elitists.

there's always been snaggers lurking around, especially at hatchery holes but these guys are something worse, because they're dishonest about their methods.

#910905 - 10/24/14 12:36 AM Re: Flossing: It's the California way [Re: Chum Man]
Roy Otis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Open invitation to flossers.......Move to AK or CA. Carry on.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |