Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#913610 - 11/19/14 10:48 PM Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...

#913613 - 11/19/14 11:18 PM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: Double Haul]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Maybe we should get a head start and just shut the rivers down once in a while. Why play so many games? The fish stop showing up and people think they need to keep fishing? WTF! When the fish don't show up the fishing stops period none of this dumb let me c&R B.S.. Shut em down. You little retards with all your stupid rod and reels don't need to fish 24-7. If the fish aren't showing up SHUT IT DOWN! Get it? Get it? Get it? It's like the fish don't shw up yet you need to peek around every nook and cranny trying to scratch one out. Find a good trout pond and stick with it, it really fits your demeanor.

#913618 - 11/19/14 11:53 PM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: Salman]
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Start a petition if you think that is a solution, instead of using your angry words.

Edited by Double Haul (11/19/14 11:55 PM)

#913630 - 11/20/14 12:48 AM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: Salman]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Originally Posted By: Salman
You little retards with all your stupid rod and reels don't need to fish 24-7.

what

#913656 - 11/20/14 01:11 PM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: Bent Metal]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Do wild steelhead that get tangled in gill nets die more often then wild steelhead hooked in the mouth and released with proper handling techniques?

Do tribes continually set quotas off un-realistic projected returns, only to have the commercials influance WDFW to go along with those numbers?

Are escapement goals rarely if ever reached, yet netting continues?

CAN JAY INSLEE DO A DAMN THING TO STOP CHIEF LOW HOLE AND COWBOY BOB FROM BUISNESS AS USUAL?

Dunno, maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems like the players that impact steelhead recovery the most are NEVER addressed. Hello, there is an elephant in the room!

I applaud the effort, the petitions, the frustration, but the sad reality is that this state could give a rats ass about the sport fishermen.

Ya, I'm pessimistic, but then again, after spending 40 years watching the fishing in this state spiral down I think I earned it!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#913662 - 11/20/14 01:55 PM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: Bay wolf]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
One thing I would suggest for the video is to show other forms of fishing for steelhead besides flyfishing.
There are lots of folks who are advocates for wild steelhead that have never touched a fly rod.
Appeal to the masses, not just one segment of the angling community.
Not a slam....just a suggestion as I like the cause.
SF

#913703 - 11/20/14 07:01 PM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: ]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

The only way to get anything done in situations like this is to start a law suit. Sports fisherman never want to put in the time or finances so bitching on the internet is all that happens.

#913755 - 11/21/14 02:39 AM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: Keta]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Signed from FB earlier today, and that's all I have to say... 'cause bitching on the internet is for the real retards.

#913788 - 11/21/14 05:48 PM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: Sky-Guy]
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

#913811 - 11/21/14 11:55 PM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: ]
Bantam Offline
Skytucky Redneck

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Originally Posted By: Double Haul
Start a petition if you think that is a solution, instead of using your angry words.

Ya.
Sounds like Salman is going to pop if someone doesn't bite the hook he's been trolling this week.

Dood...... eat a snickers!

#913818 - 11/22/14 01:23 AM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: stonefish]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: stonefish
One thing I would suggest for the video is to show other forms of fishing for steelhead besides flyfishing.
There are lots of folks who are advocates for wild steelhead that have never touched a fly rod.
Appeal to the masses, not just one segment of the angling community.
Not a slam....just a suggestion as I like the cause.
SF

Stoner, you da man buddy!

I can really appreciate Brian's comment. Ive pretty much known this guy my whole life and always looked up to him as a very accomplished fly angler. A humble fly angler that has never turned his nose up at anyone else and cares for the resource.

Go Huskies!

#914154 - 11/25/14 02:32 PM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: cobble cruiser]
Phil Maraude Offline
Fluffer

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
something tells me that if the nets go away so will our sport fishing.

let's look at the hoh river as an example. this last summer sport fishermen were not allowed to kill HATCHERY spring king strays and not allowed to start fishing until june instead of may 16. reason being, the tribe only got 10 days to net from may 16-sept 1st. the state was actively trying to protect those wild spring and summer kings, but both parties got hit. if we were allowed to kill the hatchery strays the tribe would of never cut back without federal involvement. all the decisions and haggling were made between the state and the tribe, we werent involved at all to my knowledge.

do the nets do more damage then us, duhhhh yes they do

for our steelhead situation though you also have to remember- foregone opportunity. what do you think will happen if we give up any sport harvest at all, do you honestly expect the tribe to cut back? granted I am not a harvester at all, but i do not trust the tribes should we go straight catch and release.

pretty much the most twisted F'ed up situation imaginable here, how 1 evil affects another evil that affects the not evil. sport harvest - gill netting - sport fishing.

petitioning the state is cool, but is it really going to do anything? the tribes dont care what the state says, it will have to go federal. and that would be bad for all of us, because america views indians as what they were when we landed here not what some of them truly are now. on top of that, they likely will favor commercial fisheries as a means of sustenance and the economic aspect (completely ignoring the economic value of sport fishing)

so what will petitioning the state end up doing for us?
usually means you and i get fuked

all of us here know what needs to be done to help save the fish while still allowing everyone to use the resource. but the legal channels it has to go through... welllll yuck. that or the tribe needs to start caring and become honest etc.

sorry my views dont seem as optimistic as maybe they should be, i more or less have lost faith in any decision makers regarding fisheries to make the most fair decisions. i cant say "best decisions" (to protect the fish) because truly that would just be straight closure for EVERYONE to ensure protection

http://wfoworms.com
http://www.rvrfshr.com
http://www.batsonenterprises.com/

#914158 - 11/25/14 02:39 PM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: Phil Maraude]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Where's English Pete? I'm sure he'd a thing or two to say.

#914476 - 11/29/14 12:31 AM Re: Sign the Petition Support Wild Steelhead [Re: dwatkins]
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Edited by Double Haul (11/29/14 12:32 AM)

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 957 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |