Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#914401 - 11/28/14 05:43 AM MISSION BLUE... must see documentary
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Available as a "watch it now" feature on NetFlix.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#914638 - 11/30/14 11:54 PM Re: MISSION BLUE... must see documentary [Re: eyeFISH]
OLD FB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Stanwood WA
Great share! Good friend of mine from the Bay Area who was a partner in the Bamboo Reef Dive Shops in SF, Berkley and Terra Linda CA in the early 1960's was great friends with Dr. Sylvia Earle and she helped him launch his career as a National Geographic photographer on a 1976 Truk Lagoon shoot (cover photo and article) that set the stage for his later success in underwater and top side photography in films such as" The Deep, The Abyss and Titanic with James Cameron" Al Giddings of Underwater Images and Images Unlimited grew up in Marin County Ca. Dr. Earle and Award Emmy Award winner Al Giddings both share the same intense love for the oceans!

Thanks again tonight Doc for sharing this as I do believe you have Bay Area roots?

Old FB

#914639 - 12/01/14 12:07 AM Re: MISSION BLUE... must see documentary [Re: OLD FB]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Got it queued up. Thanks and good find Doc.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#914640 - 12/01/14 12:22 AM Re: MISSION BLUE... must see documentary [Re: ColeyG]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#914641 - 12/01/14 12:32 AM Re: MISSION BLUE... must see documentary [Re: eyeFISH]
OLD FB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Stanwood WA
EyeFish: You ever read Carl Safina's "Song For The Blue Ocean?" Great read with 3 parts: Blue Fin Tuna, Salmon ( PNW related) and Tropical fish and Coral Reef collapse! If you can find time a worthy read!

#914660 - 12/01/14 11:13 AM Re: MISSION BLUE... must see documentary [Re: ColeyG]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: ColeyG
Got it queued up. Thanks and good find Doc.

Hey Coley, if you haven't seen it, better add this one to your list of videos to watch on a COLD Alaska winter's night... there's even a clip about the Big Su in there.

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/914646.html#Post914646

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#914679 - 12/01/14 02:41 PM Re: MISSION BLUE... must see documentary [Re: eyeFISH]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Damnation is not to be missed. Great flick and excellent educational resource for those that haven't followed hydro and the negative impacts to fish and people that result.

I am pretty proud of the Susitna piece making the final cut. The clip on the Susitna made the film because I reached out to Ben, Travis and the gang when I first heard about the Damnation project. They were nearing the final stages of the film project and when I first spoke with them they didn't think they would be able to work a trip to AK before they wrapped it up but were interested.

After some further discussion and getting those guys up to speed on the scale of the Susitna project, they made a trip up and work with the Susitna River Coalition and made a huge effort to get some footage and get it into the film at the last minute. It was an awesome victory for us and a great way to get some more word out on this awful proposal that the state is pushing in earnest.

No Su Dam!

http://susitnarivercoalition.org/

We (the coalition) showed it on a big screen here in town to a sold out crowd and it received a standing ovation.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#914687 - 12/01/14 03:36 PM Re: MISSION BLUE... must see documentary [Re: ColeyG]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Glad you were the catalyst for getting the proposed Big Su dam into the film.

Thanks for all the good work you are doing for the Su.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1065 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |