LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#916720 - 12/25/14 05:21 PM Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides?
ONTHESAUK Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA
Have seen a lot of this stuff float through the site over the years but I don't fly fish much and haven't paid much attention. Over the holidays I ran into an extended family individual whose father, now retired, avid fly fisherman in No Cal has never been to Alaska. I told him I would poke around a little for some suggestions. I think he is around 67, still able to get around and has the money to travel. Have to get him into something like that.

#916723 - 12/25/14 07:12 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
bk paige Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: On the Sky
Any where in bristol bay area, 5 speceis of salmon plus large rainbow and artic char. June - september take your pick. The sportsman show commin up will give all the details you'l need +google. Have fun

#916759 - 12/26/14 03:52 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Blue Fly lodge with Patricia Edell in King Salmon, AK on the Naknek River for hot rainbow trout in the fall. Patti has B&B accommodations in town and jet boats to run the river to access the fishery. A Spey rod, sink tips, flesh flies and sculpin patterns attract arm jolting strikes from aggressive rainbow trout.

Sg

#916764 - 12/26/14 04:18 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
Blue Fly Lodge with Patricia and Bear Trail Lodge with K8 and Justin are both fantastic choices.

#916771 - 12/26/14 06:12 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Check out the Skeena system in the fall. Quite possibly the best fly fishing in the world for big summer runs!

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#916784 - 12/27/14 08:03 AM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: eddie]
ONTHESAUK Offline
Returning Adult

Eddie, any suggestions for guides or lodges in that area?

#916786 - 12/27/14 08:17 AM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
I have fished the Kalum River Lodge and had a very good time. There are several fly fishing lodges in the area.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#916809 - 12/27/14 01:24 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
OLD FB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Stanwood WA
If money is not a problem you might share this with your extended family members Father! Alaska is great but BC has a lot to offer too. Short 1 1/2 hour flight out of Vancouver BC gets you there too!

http://nicholasdean.com/fly-fishing/chinook/

That might work!

#916815 - 12/27/14 02:24 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
ONTHESAUK Offline
Returning Adult

All good suggestions. Thanks for the help!

#916979 - 12/29/14 03:10 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
JDarr Offline
President- Oregon 20 Club

Gil McKeen in Terrace would be a extremely good option for BC steelhead guide and he's got lodging.
For AK, I'd take a look at Katmai Lodge on the Alagnak River. All five species of salmon, bows, dollies and grayling available plus you can fly out to the other world class trout streams for a day no problem.

JD

#917114 - 12/30/14 08:14 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Go stay @ the glacier bear lodge and hit the situk for some great steelhead fishing. Good luck,

SZ

#917126 - 12/30/14 09:29 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: JDarr]
OLD FB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Stanwood WA
Originally Posted By: JDarr
Gil McKeen in Terrace would be a extremely good option for BC steelhead guide and he's got lodging.
For AK, I'd take a look at Katmai Lodge on the Alagnak River. All five species of salmon, bows, dollies and grayling available plus you can fly out to the other world class trout streams for a day no problem.

JD

IMHO Terrace area is a GREAT place to start! Good Luck!

#917298 - 12/31/14 06:51 PM Re: Canada, Alaska, fly fishing lodges, guides? [Re: ONTHESAUK]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
SW AK is on my bucket list, Alagnak or Nush could be prime, so could Togiak. I'm a little bias to Cordova, AK. Guided 5 seasons there and there is tons of variety: tidewater, small streams, salt, lakes, medium sized rivers. Depending on the time of year there are Sockeye, Pinks, Chum, Coho, Dollies, SR Cutthroat, Rainbows, Lingcod, Halibut. Check out Orca Adventure Lodge.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (steely slammer, wolverine, 2 invisible), 941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645366 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |