Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#892226 - 04/17/14 11:03 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
One of the few places that Kid isn't afraid of a little dirty work. He's not to bad with a knife. Nothing like watching the kids catch, shoot, gut, skin, butcher and fillet stuff to make a papa proud.

Hey Willy and Dogfish
Time to pick your weekends for Neah !!!

Edited by Achewter (04/17/14 11:07 PM)

#892245 - 04/18/14 01:36 AM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: Achewter]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#892326 - 04/18/14 06:59 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: ]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Fishin' buds…

Six seasons sure went by in the blink of an eye Papa'chewter. What the hell happened to our baby girls?

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#892352 - 04/18/14 08:34 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Just got her first fishing license that I had to pay for. Drake may be on a boat in AK for the summer. Going to be strange not having him in the boat if that happens. Hope she will fill in for him a few times this summer. I know she is looking forward to B10 with LMWS. Those pics do put a bit of a lump in the throat. Few there I don't remember seeing before.

#892355 - 04/18/14 08:53 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: Achewter]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Achewter
Just got her first fishing license that I had to pay for. Drake may be on a boat in AK for the summer. Going to be strange not having him in the boat if that happens. Hope she will fill in for him a few times this summer. I know she is looking forward to B10 with LMWS. Those pics do put a bit of a lump in the throat. Few there I don't remember seeing before.

Funny you say that, 'cuz I just bought LMWS her first official license last week, too.

I suspect the pic with them under the rhody bush is one that got ya. It was a clam weekend back in 2009. That same rhody is in full bloom right now. Needless to say, we're clammin' in the morning'.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#892356 - 04/18/14 09:07 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: ]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Piper
three years running...

The Piper Boys ALWAYS make me smile.

Keep 'em coming...

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#892368 - 04/18/14 10:41 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

RR takes the prize for most kids on board. Can you say floating daycare?

My boat's developed a reputation for mimicking a small floating city while trolling for salmon, but I got nothin' on Ryan.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#892695 - 04/22/14 03:48 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Took my middle daughter out to a local lake for a little fly trolling (and some casting). Her sisters don't even blink anymore before saying NO to an invitation to go fishing with old Dad, and that's OK, because it gives us some great one-on-one time once in a while.

We did well on a small variation of a Muddler minnow I like to use for all types of fishing, fished right in the surface film. Some days, it solves the puzzle. This was one of those days. Fish also ate an experimental soft hackle fly and, of course, buggers, but all the biggest ones came to the Muddler, which I call my Big Fish Special. I've yet to find a dry that planter trout will eat with any regularity, so we didn't try the top. Definitely plenty of midges around to keep the fish looking up, which worked in our favor.

First fish was a dandy, although it's hard to tell from the crappy angle. Sadly, I haven't put her on enough big fish to allow her to develop adept fish handling skills, and we needed to get this fish back in the water quick so someone would be able to catch it on power bait in a few days and bonk it.

Next fish wasn't as big, but it fought like a brute and was easier to grip for the grin.

We caught about a dozen nice planters, from 16" to 5 pounds or so, and Autumn got to drive the tub (pretty safe when your big motor is a 30-lb. electric troller). Lots of fun. Looking forward to taking her on a half day summer steelhead float this June with a guide who has decided I've given him enough money over the years to give us a freebie. Really hoping she gets hooked up with a hot chromer. My thinking is that might keep her interest in fishing with Dad at a healthy level.

Like the rest of you old saps around here, I find myself wondering where the time has gone. My youngest is now 9, and my oldest just got her learner's permit. Precious little time left to enjoy the 3 of the 4 best things ever to happen to me. Really does raise that lump in the throat Achewter was talking about.

#892717 - 04/22/14 10:46 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: FleaFlickr02]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

She's sure growin' up to be a beautiful young lady, Shad.

I remember Autumn battling a nice GH coho 3 yrs ago when a seal grabbed her prize. She was determined to get that fish back from the pesky pinniped, but you finally had to grab the rod in order for us to claim victory. Sorry about the f-bombs I dropped… hope she wasn't too traumatized.

Gotta make it a point to get the two of you on the boat again this fall. Can she skip school for a biology "field trip" ? ? ?

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#892723 - 04/23/14 01:18 AM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

When the nest is empty and I can turn a bedroom into a man cave, the picture of that seal munching the coho munching the spinner is going on the wall. My back and arms will hurt every time I look at it, but I'll also remember the Doc at the helm, chasing down that marauder like Captain Ahab, dropping f-bombs all the while. Just another day aboard the FV eyeFISH. Lots of great memories in only a few trips. It's always a pleasure.

Of course we'll come fishing. Just tell us when and where. Just make sure to allow at least a couple days' notice so I can make up some of that green chile I promised to add to the goodies in the warmer.

#892742 - 04/23/14 12:02 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

RR takes the prize for most kids on board. Can you say floating daycare?

My boat's developed a reputation for mimicking a small floating city while trolling for salmon, but I got nothin' on Ryan.

You nailed it Francis. The men had the kids and the MILFS all stayed back at the house drinking.

Loving the pictures coming out of this thread. Good job on the trolling Shad!

I took my oldest and her friend fishing in the miserable rain on Saturday at the GH Poggie derby. They kept a good attitude, I'm sure glad that I didn't bring the little kids. They didn't win, but caught some really nice fish. They both told me they had a good time which was awesome.

#892744 - 04/23/14 12:24 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: Rocket Red]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
This is a few years ago my son is now 10. Makes me not want an empty nest I would rather keep him at this age for awhile-being a Dad is too much fun.

#892879 - 04/24/14 02:31 AM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: Coho]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#916733 - 12/26/14 01:46 AM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#916734 - 12/26/14 01:49 AM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#916735 - 12/26/14 01:58 AM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

I plan on puttin' these two on a $hitpile of chrome pinks and a platinum coho or two this August.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#916736 - 12/26/14 02:01 AM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#916740 - 12/26/14 07:23 AM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
RM1 Doc Offline
Parr

Loc: SW Washington
Always enjoyed the articles in STS about you fishing with the kids!

#917037 - 12/30/14 08:11 AM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
Holy Cow Offline
Egg

Great pics!! Great stories!! Good people!! Thanks for sharing. Kids' faces always tell you how excited they really are!! The smiles fishies bring, and the memories made are priceless!! That's what its all about! Thanks all who posted and shared! Truly awesome!!

#969510 - 12/07/16 11:19 PM Re: TAKE A KID FISHING…. [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |