Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#919551 - 01/20/15 04:14 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: bob r]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
I know who you are Bob. I've seen you out there in many different scenarios. One question I have. What can you possibly be doing with all of the fish that you catch? Do you honestly eat all of them? I'm sad to see fish kept in Lake Quinault. Wouldn't it be better to let all Dollies and Cutthroat go? Put-and-take lakes are one thing but a pristine resource like Lake Quinault should be treated with utmost care. It doesn't matter if it's legal. The Indians make the rules there and that should tell you right away that it's cockeyed management. I'm not trying to start a fight I'm just curious as to why you keep fish out of that lake considering all of the fish you take from so many other put-and-take resources including rivers.

#919553 - 01/20/15 04:14 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: bushbear]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
In my interaction with Sgt. Jewel during elk season I cleared my weapon as I approached as I was the straggler in our group getting back to the vehicles, showing him it was safe. Handed him my license and he was a little taken aback at that. "You're just going to hand me your license?"

Had a nice talk with him for a while with the other guys from our group. We met him the previous year and had a couple of good interactions with him.

Not a bad guy at all. Seastrike has a thing for him, we think.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#919584 - 01/20/15 05:32 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: gooybob]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: gooybob
I know who you are Bob. I've seen you out there in many different scenarios. One question I have. What can you possibly be doing with all of the fish that you catch? Do you honestly eat all of them? I'm sad to see fish kept in Lake Quinault. Wouldn't it be better to let all Dollies and Cutthroat go? Put-and-take lakes are one thing but a pristine resource like Lake Quinault should be treated with utmost care. It doesn't matter if it's legal. The Indians make the rules there and that should tell you right away that it's cockeyed management. I'm not trying to start a fight I'm just curious as to why you keep fish out of that lake considering all of the fish you take from so many other put-and-take resources including rivers.

Considering that you say you "are not trying to start a fight" I'll try to be reasonable, most people on this board would prob. get their nose bent about a question that is put that way (you know like the direction your post goes), so here goes.
Just what "rivers" have you seen us on (all posts, other sites, I presume?)? The only one we fish (and post)is the Chehalis during Sept and Oct.
The only lakes we fish (reg. means at least once a season) are Lake Quinault ,Summit lake and Lake Nauwatzul. We fished Lake Wynoochee during the time Lake Quinault was closed. That being said you are going to have to pull my reports and COUNT fish kept in a year, not hard to do as you just have to go through user profile. I'm not going to bother with that myself, you should do it and POST what you find before calling me out on a public forum. My wife and I do not eat red meat or poultry, just seafood, vegies and grains. I've had this diet as a result of not wanting my protein to come out of filthy factories, I grew up in an area where hunting was just not practical (1970 CT.).I come from a big Italian family, giving up meat I loved was not easy from personal tastes and family pressure. by the time I moved here (1978) I liked how my diet worked for me. Not "trying to start a fight here" but I don't tell others what to eat, it's not a "PETA" issue, I love murdering fish.After all, as a great man once said,"never give a sucker an even break". I'm 62 and the only serious health issues (other then injuries) have NOT been weight or diet related.
Now , back to facts. We smoke a lot of fish, both trout, Salmon, and Dollies. The amount of fish taken from Lake Quinault by EVERYONE is pretty negligable considering that 95% of the fishermen are done by early June as flatlining doesn't pay,the summer has turned off the fish on the surface due to lake stratification and the fact you must buy a tribal license and boat permit.80% of the folks we see don't know how to fish that lake. On a typical sunday afternnon in August when the searuns come in we may see ONE or TWO boats out there.We speak directly to the biologists working for the tribe, they are not liars when they say the population in the lake of native species discussed (dollies and cuts) are doing incredibly well.The main places we fish are clean water wise, we have to be careful about toxis with the amount of fish we eat.In the fall folks have switched to salmon or steelhead, heck ,by that point Chehalis is happening as is Nawatzul and we are done with Quinault for year.All salmon must be released, single hooks are required. We eat fish broiled, pan fried, in burgers , barbicued, etc.I own more then one vacuum unit and we own a top loading chest freezer. I give my neighbor fish at least once a week as he has heart issues and appreciates the healthy, fresh food. I have friends over for dinner, most prefer fish. It seems you are implying that I either waste or sell fish, please tell me that in front of witnesses, a lawsuit is the least you could expect!I can't fish for a month or so due to surgery so frozen fish are REALLY helping out at this time. We eat fish at least twice a week.Now that I've spent a good twenty minutes explaining myself to you pubically (I mean if you "didn't want to start a fight" why not P.M. me? Yes, I HONESTLY eat almost all the fish I catch (other then those occasionals I give to my neighbor or a friend who doesn't fish), to use the word "honestly ' you've shown that you have assummed facts not in evidence. With all my encounters with law enforcement types(as discussed in thread above) I have toi do things "honestly, otherwise I would have tickets for wasting game, not fishing honestly, etc., etc.)I expect that number from you posted on this thread, "cause I think you got some back pedaling to do, maybe an apology? If not point yourself out to me sometime on the water, we'll have "words", and not the ones you want to hear. If you are a detractor of people eating fish regularly from a healthy fishery I think your on the wrong forum. Bob R P.S. I like that crack about "I know who you are", of course, I use the same name on other fishing sites. I've got nothing to hide or be banned about. I even post my ugly face in photos!

#919659 - 01/20/15 11:55 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: bushbear]
thepull Offline
Fry

the main thing this show should teach someone is never consent to a search of your vehicle. "I have no legal right to search, but lets see if this person is stupid enough to let me do it."

#919699 - 01/21/15 10:40 AM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: bob r]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
I would love to believe you Bob. I have seen so much waist in this state from people killing but not eating. Regarding Lake Quinault the tribes are hardly believable at best. EVERY fishing resource in this state that isn't hatchery supplemented is at risk. There aren't an infinite number of fish. Like salmon, some species of tuna etc. eventually they are fished down to practically nothing or absolutely nothing. I have been fishing the Quinault resource since the 50's. Not the lake in the last 30 years but I still fish the upper river occasionally and the dolly population has declined. I don't know if it has anything to do with the lake of if its sea-run dollies that are declining but isn't it better to land on the safe side and let the fish go in the lake? There was a time in the past when the lake's cutthroat population was way down. I assume it's better now but again, why not do whatever we can to preserve a fishery like that. If I had my way I would make Lake Washington's Cutthroat catch and release as well. It's an amazing fishery considering where it is and it should be preserved. By the way Bob I'm not implying your selling fish.

#919727 - 01/21/15 01:03 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: gooybob]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: gooybob
I would love to believe you Bob.

You know, most people follow "i would love to believe you" with "but", but not you. in your 1st post about me you implied that I either sell or waste ( notice I know how to spell waste!) fish. When called on your BS assumptions you not only don't come up with numbers of fish I catch and post (an available number if you got off your lazy ass and backed up [or down] your mind-boggling assumptions ). Instead you word it in this "passive- aggressive" bull****style . Let me tell you a thing or two. I'm not going to justify my fishing practices to a piece of work like you. I consider catch and release to be playing with your food that you don't even plan on eating, but I don't go pushing my viewpoint down others throats and calling them out in public. Actually you don't have the stones to call someone out face to face, you hide behind an anonymous handle, gooy bob? Are you a scummy mortgage banker selling out others on the side , foreclosing on the needy to justify your lavish catch and release lifestyle or is this kind of [Bleeeeep!] moralizing at the expense of others your main act? Let me know, I'm at Lake Quinault a lot during the season, come by and see what I got for ya', if you are such a local "resource user" , I doubt you will want to fish much after that. I'll murder a bunch of fish in your name. SCREW YOU! bob r P.S. Thanks for hijacking the thread, idiot.

Edited by bob r (01/21/15 01:10 PM)

#919789 - 01/21/15 06:23 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: bushbear]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Could maybe Gooybob and Bob r take their issue to a private conversation. No offense, but this doesn't belong here.

Sg

#919815 - 01/21/15 08:01 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: Salmo g.]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Could maybe Gooybob and Bob r take their issue to a private conversation. No offense, but this doesn't belong here.

Sg

I suggested that's where it should have started in the beginning, when attacked publicly I respond publicly. I'm done with that turd. bob r

#962695 - 08/11/16 05:08 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: Timber]
knir Offline
Egg

Originally Posted By: Timber
A long time ago but George was killed in the line of duty however the killer/killers were never found....

Okay i saw this post and i had to come here to correct it because he is my relative

GEORGE SMALLWOOD WASNT KILLED, he died of a heart attack

#962813 - 08/14/16 08:55 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: bushbear]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
The only issue I have with any of this is that Cenci does not need any more attention, what a whore, anything for exposure for that guy. I really feel sorry for all the people that work underneath him. One former warden told me once that Cenci absolutely hated me and to make sure that I never give him a reason to do anything except be cordial to me. He tried his damndest to stop our events to raise money for charities.
He is also the guy who wasted tax payer money to change the patches from enforcement to police which is ridiculous ! these guys are and should be called game wardens or Conservation officers ! not police !
I think it sucks and was a stupid waste of time and money but once again it was to fuel Cenci's ego !
If he really wants to be all gung ho and badass he should go hop on board with a platoon of marines or Infantryman in afghanistan and lets see how badass he really is......... Just my .02 cents and I absoluteley support or enforcement guys and gals out there and hopefully Cenci ends up on the cutting room floor !

Peace Fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#962926 - 08/16/16 08:44 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: bushbear]
Audball Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton, WA
On the show they state that the WDFW game wardens have all the same law enforcement capabilities as any other LEOs in the state... Seems to me the title of POLICE is a more accurate title.

#962927 - 08/16/16 09:00 PM Re: Rugged Justice WDFW LE program [Re: bushbear]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Yes they do, but theyre main focus is fish and game. WSP have the same powers but are addressed as troopers.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 263 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645359 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |