THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#920505 - 01/27/15 06:48 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: dwatkins]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: dwatkins
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Fact is I'll be fishing the Eel next month. My buddy has a cabin in Miranda, right on the Eel. His grandpa built it and he's been fishing that river since he was knee high to a possum.

take me with you smile

Let me guess, one room cabin w/single bed?

#920552 - 01/27/15 11:29 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: ]
RobertF
Unregistered

Buddy told me a friend of his drifted Benbow to the plant 2 days in a row and got zilched. Another friend drifted the Van duzen for one bite. Another fished the mad for a few turds. That's been about it. I hope these fish show up. We need rain.

#920556 - 01/28/15 04:05 AM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
FishinSinsation Offline
Spawner

Loc: kenmore, wa
I agree with joe, I have been fishing the hump since I was 10 or 11 I'm now 33 and I can honestly say that back in the early days I saw joe, and a few other people on the river, now when it's salmon season I have to fight for my private property sports with boat fishermen, it's becoming to the point where it's not fun, and I mostly enjoy the "blown" out days where I go 10 for 15 with no boats in sight, ps i have a drift boat, and have owned 4 over the years but it's not even fun to take it out anymore, bottom line, too much pressure, and wanna be guides...i made the mistake a few years ago while bank fishing, become somewhat friends with a guy, invite him to fish the "bank" spot I fish only to have that guy become a "guide" the next year and try to fish on you with cracker a$$ clients coming down with head lamps to beat you to this spot because they can't find there own spots, it's sad, and I don't enjoy that type of fishing, I work hard at my job and need a release, but unfortunately it's not fishing anymore , I'd much rather eat vegetarian with the girlfriend and release in her sweet tight pu$$.... Solitude is gone, for the most part I have moved on,

#920565 - 01/28/15 07:26 AM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: FishinSinsation]
RobertF
Unregistered

"I'd much rather eat vegetarian with the girlfriend and release in her sweet tight pu$$..."

Best thing ever written on PP

#920585 - 01/28/15 09:08 AM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

I sure hope you aren't releasing any spawners in there.

#920595 - 01/28/15 09:48 AM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Awesome post Casey.............so right .............I am totally fed up and waffling on what to do and where to end up....... thinking I might just sell everything and be gone............

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#920599 - 01/28/15 10:07 AM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
FS, @ least ya don't have to worry about getting low holed when ya stay off the river..............Just sayin.Good luck,

SZ

#920600 - 01/28/15 10:15 AM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

A guide complaining about crowded rivers seems almost funny.
Almost.

#920605 - 01/28/15 10:40 AM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
FS is a low holer himself SZ...... smile

#920662 - 01/28/15 04:30 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Wow, a Fish Prince sighting. Now this thread is complete!

#920768 - 01/29/15 08:52 AM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
Take-Down Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I pay to fish with river guides in WA and OR several times a year, with friends, family and clients. Very little that's been said here resonates. The best guides are booked a year out and are not struggling for business. I covet my 'reserved' prime Fall weekend Forks days, they are the result of years of loyal business. When weather cancels a trip, it's not clear that I'm going to get to replace that date because my guide's book is full and other cancellations are trying to reschedule.

I only fish with a few guides but not one of them has any jealousy about kids soliciting business on the internet. If anything, we find it amusing to watch a couple boats slide through a hole with nothing and then pull a fish or two out when we follow. I am not a great fisherman, but my guides are. Often they know exactly which rock is holding a fish. I've fished with Bob. He's like that.

My go-to guides also never yell at my wife, even when she's doing crazy [Bleeeeep!]. They mask frustration and disappointment. They want fish badly, but they put the pressure on themselves, not on me. And they are fun to be with even if the fishing isn't great.

This is not a young guy thing, or an internet thing, or a fancy truck thing, the issue is quality. If you don't have enough business, improve your quality or your attitude. I have no idea what craigslist customers pay, but I tip well because I know that I'm fishing with the best guys on the river, and for some reason they are charging me the same price as the mediocre masses.

#920834 - 01/29/15 01:50 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: Take-Down]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Loc: around
Originally Posted By: Take-Down
I pay to fish with river guides in WA and OR several times a year, with friends, family and clients. Very little that's been said here resonates. The best guides are booked a year out and are not struggling for business. I covet my 'reserved' prime Fall weekend Forks days, they are the result of years of loyal business. When weather cancels a trip, it's not clear that I'm going to get to replace that date because my guide's book is full and other cancellations are trying to reschedule.

I only fish with a few guides but not one of them has any jealousy about kids soliciting business on the internet. If anything, we find it amusing to watch a couple boats slide through a hole with nothing and then pull a fish or two out when we follow. I am not a great fisherman, but my guides are. Often they know exactly which rock is holding a fish. I've fished with Bob. He's like that.

My go-to guides also never yell at my wife, even when she's doing crazy [Bleeeeep!]. They mask frustration and disappointment. They want fish badly, but they put the pressure on themselves, not on me. And they are fun to be with even if the fishing isn't great.

This is not a young guy thing, or an internet thing, or a fancy truck thing, the issue is quality. If you don't have enough business, improve your quality or your attitude. I have no idea what craigslist customers pay, but I tip well because I know that I'm fishing with the best guys on the river, and for some reason they are charging me the same price as the mediocre masses.

you make too much sense

#920842 - 01/29/15 02:45 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

"My go-to guides also never yell at my wife"

Do others?

No one should have to yell at a woman.
They should listen the first time.

#920848 - 01/29/15 03:03 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
kingdog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Tumwater
Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
"My go-to guides also never yell at my wife"

Do others?

No one should have to yell at a woman.
They should listen the first time.

I have missed your humor.

#920905 - 01/29/15 09:36 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
speymont Offline
Fry

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
A guide complaining about crowded rivers seems almost funny.
Almost.

No [Bleeeeep!]! Great point!

#920909 - 01/29/15 09:53 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
gregsalmon Offline
Spawner

Loc: alaska and washington
Guide Qualifications

must be able to row down the river %80 of the time without getting in a pissing match.

Only one pissing match allowed per trip

Must not low hole some poor old guy

May only use the "N" word once per trip

Must never have never received an ass whuppin for running into a bankie

Must have DRAMAmine onboard. We don't need no drama

Must be able to see your shoes by looking down over your puss gut

May not ride up the river in a sled after bitching about them on the same river.

Edited by gregsalmon (01/29/15 09:56 PM)

#921084 - 01/31/15 04:34 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Combining the first and second will eliminate most....

Not that I ever wanted to become a guide but it is nice to know that with size 14s I will forever be able to see (a portion) of my feet.

This is more fun than watching "As the World Turns" and may end up having a longer run.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#921094 - 01/31/15 05:58 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: gregsalmon]
teamster Offline
Diamond Cutter

Loc: Seattle
Good one Greg, all apply but this one should be #1
To much of this on this thread.
chuck

#921098 - 01/31/15 06:38 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: gregsalmon]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
Originally Posted By: gregsalmon
Guide Qualifications

must be able to row down the river %80 of the time without getting in a pissing match.

May not ride up the river in a sled after bitching about them on the same river.

GOLD I tell ya! GOLD!!!

#921509 - 02/03/15 12:04 PM Re: Im done.......Just not like it use to be.......... [Re: superfly]
dobberbown Offline
Fry

Loc: Oregon
This was the perfect response: I pay to fish with river guides in WA and OR several times a year, with friends, family and clients. Very little that's been said here resonates. The best guides are booked a year out and are not struggling for business. I covet my 'reserved' prime Fall weekend Forks days, they are the result of years of loyal business. When weather cancels a trip, it's not clear that I'm going to get to replace that date because my guide's book is full and other cancellations are trying to reschedule.

And if this is a requirement then SF is screwed LOL!: Guide Qualifications

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |