Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#921464 - 02/02/15 11:43 PM R&B now available @ First Strike Lures
West Linn Wader Offline
Smolt

Loc: West Linn, OR
I'd like to introduce you to First Strike Lures (www.firststrikelures.com). FSL is primarily a new online source for R&B Lures. R&B puts out really good lures as many of you know, but getting your hands on them can at times be frustrating and that's where we come in. As an independent online retailer, our intent is to put together a good selection of R&B casting spinners, spoons, trolling spinners + upcoming products online where they are easy to shop for and buy, and to ship all orders next business day for under 3 bucks. thumbs

R&B is a small outfit who still actually makes many of their own products instead of just buying parts somewhere else and stamping their logo on them. Painting is done in house on spinner bodies made exclusively for R&B, and much of the blade and spoon plating is also done on site including their genuine “white silver” finish. It's a customer favorite, fish dig it and you won't find it anywhere else.

Right now we're offering 36 different R&B casting spinner variations in sizes #4, #4.5 & #5. We also have R&B hammered spoons available in genuine gold, genuine white silver, brass and copper and more products are on the way.

These are small batch items and we'll only process orders for lures already in stock and ready to ship next business day so we expect to sell out of certain products now and then. Additionally, because we offer so many spinner variations, it's possible at times to sell out of a specific variation before we've had a chance to designate it as "out of stock" on the website. If that happens the customer would be promptly contacted and given the opportunity to alter or cancel the order before it's processed. In either case, we’ll reload quickly and as we get rolling and have a better read on demand we'll do our best to maintain a consistent offering of the most popular products going forward. I'll post product updates and specials here but you can also like First Strike Lures on Facebook to auto receive updates in your FB feed. I will be posting our very first door buster special tomorrow (2/2) on our Facebook page and website. Not going into detail until I have them online but if you fish with spoons and appreciate bargains I invite you to check it out.

Many thanks!

GS/West Linn Wader

Edited by West Linn Wader (02/08/15 03:35 PM)

#921511 - 02/03/15 12:07 PM Re: R&B now available @ First Strike Lures [Re: West Linn Wader]
West Linn Wader Offline
Smolt

OK spoon fans. I just put a batch of R&B smooth spoons up on the website in genuine polished silver, silver & brass, brass and copper in 2/5th, 1/2 & 2/3rd oz. Blowout priced from $1.99-$2.49. All orders shipped next day for a flat $2.99. Get 'em while they last!

Genuine Silver - $2.49

Marine Grade Brass - $1.99

Genuine Silver & Brass - $2.49

Copper - $1.99

GS/West Linn Wader
www.firststrikelures.com

Edited by West Linn Wader (02/08/15 09:14 AM)

#921544 - 02/03/15 04:11 PM Re: R&B now available @ First Strike Lures [Re: West Linn Wader]
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Like.

#921572 - 02/03/15 05:52 PM Re: R&B now available @ First Strike Lures [Re: West Linn Wader]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
Originally Posted By: West Linn Wader
All orders shipped next day

#921895 - 02/05/15 04:25 PM Re: R&B now available @ First Strike Lures [Re: West Linn Wader]
West Linn Wader Offline
Smolt

I've received several messages asking about the availability of R&B bodies and blades sold separately, smaller spoons, etc. At this time, any R&B product your after that you don't see on the website is a special order which are fine. Just message me what your looking for and I will respond with pricing and ETA. I will not take anyone's money until I have their order in hand ready to ship but I am happy to compile a list of special order items, add those to my next store order and then get back to you when your order is in. At that time you can purchase your special order items and if not I'll just add them to the store.

Here's one of several special orders going out today:

Edited by West Linn Wader (02/23/15 08:19 AM)

#923845 - 02/27/15 05:01 PM R&B White Silver vs Matte Silver vs Polished Silve [Re: West Linn Wader]
West Linn Wader Offline
Smolt

R&B White Silver vs Matte Silver vs Polished Silver

Genuine silver is the most reflective finish available. When it's polished it gives back a ton of light but most of it in a fairly narrow pattern, similar to a flashlight, you can see the light but it's brightest when it's pointed right at you. It's bright...sometimes even too bright for certain conditions.

Matte silver which is generally just a less polished version diffuses the reflected light in a very wide range. It's less flashy/more subtle and better suited for spooky fish conditions but as light gets low the reflection naturally diminishes.

"White Silver" is sometimes confused with matte silver because they are both unpolished but they are actually very different animals. R&B is the only lure maker who does genuine white silver and the recipe is secret but the result is a "powdery" finish that literally glows, much more so than the average "matte" silver" and therefore a best of both world finish IMO.

The pics below were all taken in low light with flash from differing angles. The pics with 3 blades is matte (left) white (center) and polished (right). The pics with 2 blades is matte (left) and polished (right). As you can see at certain angles the polished silver blade reflection is blindingly bright but at other angles it's quite dark. Check out how bright the glow is coming off the white silver blade in pretty much every picture. Pic is worth a thousand words...

#923846 - 02/27/15 09:43 PM Re: R&B White Silver vs Matte Silver vs Polished Silve [Re: West Linn Wader]
bankbum Offline
Spawner

The white silver is by far my favorite finish. I babied my last one for 2 years before I finally lost it. I now just got 2 more and will be ordering a more.

I have so much confidence in the white silver that I fish it in all conditions with great success

#923847 - 02/27/15 10:33 PM Re: R&B now available @ First Strike Lures [Re: West Linn Wader]
West Linn Wader Offline
Smolt

Bankbum - I'm worse blush

To the dismay of people I fish with, white silver blade/black oxide body is all I use...literally. Summers, winters, springers, fall fish and coho. I catch plenty of flack for it.

Edited by West Linn Wader (02/27/15 10:34 PM)

#924811 - 03/10/15 09:04 PM Re: R&B now available @ First Strike Lures [Re: West Linn Wader]
West Linn Wader Offline
Smolt

At First Strike Lures we already feature a solid lineup of R&B casting spinners and spoons in several sizes & tons of color combinations and as we head deeper into the year we'll be adding more season-specific items to the mix. Occasionally we'll also toss some non-standard stuff out there and see how you guys like it and this month it's "R&B candy."

R&B "Candy" colors are created by applying translucent paints over base metal platings resulting in beautiful metallic finishes. Some candy colors look best over polished brass such as the candy red and emerald green while others look best over a bright silver-colored base like the candy pink, blue, lime and purple. Since it's being covered with a colored paint anyway, this would be a good place to cut corners and use silver paint or nickel as the silver-colored base right? If you know R&B you already know the answer...Genuine silver baby!

R&B candy-colored bodies are already part of our standard line-up but over the next week or so I'll be adding some candy spinner blades and spoons to the website as well. These are small batch - limited quantity items for now but can always be converted to a regularly stocked item if the demand is there.

First Strike Lures (firststrikelures.com) is all about making our favorite R&B Lures more accessible. We stock a great selection, we put 'em online where they are easy to shop for and we ship next business day for a flat $2.99! Buy one of several or several of one - it's your choice...there is no minimum required purchase to try these great lures!

p.s. - We still have some R&B smooth spoons available in brass & copper for $1.99 and genuine silver combos for $2.49 with no minimum purchase required.

Thx!

Edited by West Linn Wader (03/11/15 12:24 PM)

#925851 - 03/25/15 04:57 PM Re: R&B now available @ First Strike Lures [Re: West Linn Wader]
West Linn Wader Offline
Smolt

Edited by West Linn Wader (03/25/15 05:00 PM)

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |