Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92527 - 07/08/00 12:51 AM Big Foot
Idono Offline
Fry

A psychologist named Dr. Matthew Johnson says he saw Big Foot while hiking with his family this past weekend(?). He's from Grants Pass, Oregon. Anybody else seen Big Foot? Years ago I was hiking and fishing in the mountains west of Jacksonville, Oregon; I thought I might have heard Bigfoot while camping in a dark secluded valley. PS: I'm a little skeptical, but I'm open. An addendum: He says he was at Oregon Caves National Monument.

[This message has been edited by Idono (edited 07-07-2000).]

#92528 - 07/08/00 01:19 AM Re: Big Foot
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
BIGFOOT does not exist!! I have worked in the woods for 20years and have yet to cross paths.TM

#92529 - 07/08/00 01:28 AM Re: Big Foot
Idono Offline
Fry

Timberman: I'm with you, really. But I don't watch scary fictional, fantastic, impossible movies if I want to sleep soundly.

#92530 - 07/08/00 01:35 AM Re: Big Foot
Aerofly Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
Sure big foot exsists, you can witness it at the locks whem my big foot steps on the netters

#92531 - 07/08/00 08:59 AM Re: Big Foot
Idono Offline
Fry

I emailed Dr. Johnson to share with him my experience west of Jacksonville, Oregon. He emailed me that he "enjoyed" reading about my experience. He said he hoped I "enjoyed" his interview on my local radio station last night. His use of the word "enjoyed" sounds to me as if he thinks he has entertained me. Hmmm. Tsk...that's the end of my discussion on Bigfoot. PS: The "doctor" sounded sincere.

[This message has been edited by Idono (edited 07-08-2000).]

#92532 - 07/08/00 11:06 AM Re: Big Foot
Native son Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: port angeles wa.
Having been born and raised on the Olympic Penninsula I have been exposed to a fair share of big foot hypes and a few sightings that folks were sincere about. We all have heard the ones that get going when two or three people get to feeding off of each others hysteria and make a big stump or snag move around on the other side of a clear cut Those sometimes get the most press and once I saw a couple of college kids go back to the scene and tear down the stump but a local saw them do it an went and called the press and with a photographer present he put the big old snag back together with scrap lumber and chicken wire. Damned thing sure looked like a big old stand on two hind legs kinda beast. The other kind are the ones that I find interesting I was at a social gathering over 20 years ago and a Sioux native who had worked as Park Ranger in Olympic National Park out at Ozzette Lake swears up and down that he ran into one that was totaly pissed off at a small band of elk, and was focused on whatever the hell it was he was doing, that Dan was able to walk right up on the whole fiasco. Claim was that when every thing got his wind all animals did what they usually do and dissapered into the coastal jungle. But hell there are people swear up and down they have been in space ships. There are even people who think one brand of boat is better than the next go figure.

#92533 - 07/08/00 03:37 PM Re: Big Foot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good take Native Son! I've read that an expedition used helicopters at night to cover large expanses of wilderness with infra-red cams and only ever came up with real animals that we know exist. Combined with the fact that none of the many Bigfoot explorers has come up with a single shred of real evidence such as some bones has got to tell you something. Heck, millions of dinosaur bones burried deep over 65 million years ago have been found. Big footprints aren't credible in this case I would think, for obvious reasons. I still want to remain open minded, and I hope they do exist because that would be really cool. But there are the realities. Do you guys rememeber 7' 4" former Sonic center Tommy Burlinson, who in the late 70's grew a large beard trying to look tougher? You don't suppose..... nah. - RT

#92534 - 07/08/00 04:34 PM Re: Big Foot
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Oh no, hear I go. This is an interest of mine. I have never seen a Bigfoot, although I pass for one. I do think there are creatures out there that we have never seen. I have been hunting and fishing for 22 years. I have never seen a cougar, and only one bear. How many of you have seen any cougars? Think about how large that population is. As for the night use of the infra-red stuff, it does not penatrate dense forest. Like old growth. And the reason the animals were seen by infra-red is they ran. From everything I have read, Bigfoot will hunker down and wait until a chopper passes. But I thought this was a fishing board? The Bigfoot ones are www.bfro.net, or www.angelfire.com/wa/sasquatchsearch

------------------
Just because I look big, dumb, and ugly, doesn't mean I am. It means I can stomp you for calling me it!

[This message has been edited by Big Jim (edited 07-08-2000).]

#92535 - 07/08/00 05:08 PM Re: Big Foot
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, let me get this straight Big Jim. You heard from whom that Bigfeet hunker when copters are near? Hmmm. Just to clarify for you; infra-red picks up on heat radiation, which is almost always animals when scanning the wilderness. Movement will only make the screen images show more. And size of heat sourses make a big difference, moving or not. That's why stationary moose show well. How big is this Bigfoot? - I have spent a quarter century out in the woods and have seen just about every significant animal except cougers or wolverines; except at a zoo so that I can believe all the myriad of pics I've seen of both. And the stories of hunter and biologist captures. But Bigfeet. Nobody seems to be home.

#92536 - 07/08/00 07:39 PM Re: Big Foot
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
My old college room mate dated big foot for about three weeks. She was a very hairy creature, one egg tooth, small beady eyes, with large protruding buttocks. Man she could climb a tree and gut deer like nuthin you ever saw. Turned out she was a pretty good field hockey player, and fell in love with another Sasquatch of the same gender. Sad but true. Poor Knute was never the same. What rods does Big Foot fish with? You would have thought that they would have got hung up in a net, or been spotted by a drift boat if they existed. If I can scrape up a picture of Knutes old girl friend, I'll post it.

#92537 - 07/08/00 09:54 PM Re: Big Foot
tyeeterror Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Humboldt Nation
the location i live in california is supposed to a be a bigfoot hotspot. i was born and raised here (eureka area) and know of no one who ever saw a sasquatch. i do know a small town (willow creek) that uses bigfoot to attract tourists. as far as cougar i seen three of them. once deer hunting at about 1000 am. once at about 4am in a remote area (petrolia). lastly just off of us 101 near garberville at about 1 am. does oregon and washington have the extreme problem with cougar like california. as bears i have seen 50 -60 of em. i had to build a wooden box to put my trash cans in to keep them out of them

#92538 - 07/08/00 10:10 PM Re: Big Foot
rod 'n' reel Offline
Fry

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. Usa
tyee terror,
In some very populated areas East of Seattle (Bellevue) and South of Seattle (Aurburn)they have had cats milling around neighborhoods. After hound hunting ban by voters passed a couple of years ago problem seems to be getting worse. Also expanding human population into cougar habitat is increasing chances of cat encounters. No bigfoots sightings in these areas yet. But who knows, could be some milling around just out of sight. Apparently they haven't aquired a taste for dog or cat yet.

------------------

#92539 - 07/08/00 11:14 PM Re: Big Foot
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Hey all, I understand the principle of IR fairly well. Spent several years studying it in electronics and have used some also. I tried to pick up a person behind a large tree. No luck. I also know that when a person runs into very dense wood that even the most high tech IR fails to get through the trees. Due to ambiant heat and light from the trees themselves. That is also how night vision scopes work. Anyone who has seen COPS may have seen what happens when a bad guy runs in to the thick stuff. As for my reading, Bigfoot supposedly will hide until it feels safe to flee. Like a rabbit I guess. And since Bigfoot is also supposedly an intelligent creature, they would not flee from a chopper or plane. Just wait until it passes and then move on out. If Bigfoot is a real animal, then we all just have to wait and see.

------------------
Just because I look big, dumb, and ugly, doesn't mean I am. It means I can stomp you for calling me it!

#92540 - 07/09/00 02:16 PM Re: Big Foot
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
Here is my take on bigfoot: I grew up in a coastal logging town in southwest Washington. I know people who have been loggers for 20 plus years following the footsteps of their father and grandfather into the logging industry. That goes way back. One person I know was involved with it when the had logging camps way up into the forest (before any roads were there) and would get the logs out by damming up the river and then, when they had enough logs, they would release the water and the logs would shoot down.

I have not heard of one person who has seen bigfoot, or even a story of one persons father or grandfather who has seen one of these creatures in the woods. This leads me to believe that they do not exist. I would think that atleast a few would have been sighted in the woods over the timeline of three generations of loggers especially when you consider that some of this time was way back when there were no logging roads into the woods.

Does anyone remember the alleged footprints back in the early eigthies in the Mt St helens area? Didn't they later find an oldtimer who had stilts and was making these foot prints?

[This message has been edited by Stadle (edited 07-09-2000).]

#92541 - 07/09/00 05:23 PM Re: Big Foot
Fishtick Offline
Smolt

Loc: S.W. WA
BIG Jim, you've got to be the guy who is putting on the bigfoot print makers and walking around in the woods. You can stomp on us, right? Got a costum too to thrill people for kicks? And all we have to do is wait?? HOw long Big Jim? We have waited decades and thru many well thought out and expensive expiditions chasing a perpetuated hoax. They have come up with NO credible evidence let alone some hardcore evidence such as a body or bones or whatever! So get off your pointless infrared hangup because it's only one more piece of the huge puzzle of indicators that they do not exist. I know how I felt when my parents told me that Santa Claus and the toothfairy weren't real so I feel for you having to learn the truth. There will be other fun things to come along and believe in. ...... Oh ya, some of the supposed "credible" eyewittnesses that claim to have seen Bigfoot but nver get a verifiable picture with a camera or small camcorder that almost everyone has, they are either intelligent people, who are netorius for being bored with life so probably get kicks by screwing with ignorant's heads, or others that don't get enough attention from people. Or TV documentary phonies that present bull... along with erie music to make a buck. Get a clue!

[This message has been edited by Fishtick (edited 07-09-2000).]

#92542 - 07/09/00 09:32 PM Re: Big Foot
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
Wow Schtick! Did you get up too early this morning? Lighten up on Big Jim, it's all good. Life just isn't as serious as you are making it out. Maybe Mom should have waited a few more years to tell you about Santa. Sounds like your still bummed out. LOL

#92543 - 07/09/00 10:02 PM Re: Big Foot
Glenn Offline
Egg

Loc: Seattle, WA
I saw bigfoot, once, but that was before I quit drinking, he was riding the Loch Ness monster down the Nisqually, and apparently had a limit of 40-lb. kings with him...
Seriously, It is ulikely that a large (primate?) could live in the forests around here. There's actually quite alimited supply of food in the deep forest. And, as has been pointed out, there are no cedible hair or bone samples, no identifiable Bigfoot poop, no bones or bodies.
Who knows what the supposed eyewitnesses saw. Certainly some credible people have claimed sightings, and probably saw something, but what? My dad once mistook a black bear for an angus in low light and in a place he didn't expect a bear to be. Not to say there can't be bigfoot, just that it's unlikely.
Having said that, I spent a night on Squaw Mountain by Estacada, Oregon wondering what the hell was trolling the perimeter of my camp and making so much noise on a moonless night when I was a teen on a hiking trip, no booze involved. Probably elk, but why would an elk cirlce a clearing with two people and a dying campfire? You'd be amazed how far down into a sleeping bag you can crawl...

#92544 - 07/09/00 11:28 PM Re: Big Foot
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
"Bigfoot DOESN'T exist" Now that's a pretty bold statement. Not that I've ever seen one, or any evidence that would lead me to state publicly that I believe in them, saying they don't exist because you've never personally seen one seems pretty goofy to me. And how thorough were these IR scans? From the show I watched on the Discovery Channel on Bigfoot, not very. You've heard of the Coelacanth, yes? Well, granted the ocean is a damn sight bigger than the land masses, but there are some damn remote areas left.

Remember, saying "bigfoot doesn't exist" is like saying "orange cheaters work best". Try proving either statement.

Fish on.......

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#92545 - 07/09/00 11:48 PM Re: Big Foot
Jake Dogfish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines
Dan, finally somebody that makes some sense! You know what? I haven't seen bigfoot either! that must be proof it doesn't exist! right? That seems to be the logic used on this board. No I don't believe in bigfoot but, just saying you went out in the woods and didn't see it means nothing to me.

#92546 - 07/09/00 11:57 PM Re: Big Foot
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Dan s- You sure have alot of positive things to say.How about just stating your opinion and not get on the other folks that dont beleive in bigfoot.unless you have seen him yourself.Since I've worked in the woods for 20 years and have spent a good 30 hunting and fishing and have never seen him I don't beleive he exsists.You have never seen bigfoot and beleive he exsists.Go figure that one.Seems like I have more evidence to back what I say TM

Jake-Maybe it dont mean anything to you but 6-7 days aweek 10-12 hrs a day for 20 years in the woods(not just Hiking in the woods once a month).Seems kinda funny I never have seen a print or bones from one.Maybe they bury there bones and drag a fir limb behind to cover there prints,huh.

[This message has been edited by Timber man (edited 07-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Timber man (edited 07-09-2000).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |