Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92547 - 07/10/00 12:36 AM Re: Big Foot
Anonymous
Unregistered

about the this "Bigfoot" to me it seems its a 50/50 because there is siteings and hearings, and the footprints (which could be fake), there is no reports of bones or hair.
I belive but there is also a naging voice that says , how could there be if there is no bones or fecies found?. Just like elvis or nessie , some say it exists and some don't !

#92548 - 07/10/00 01:25 AM Re: Big Foot
b-bouncer Offline
Parr

BIGFOOT whats that?

[This message has been edited by b-bouncer (edited 07-09-2000).]

#92549 - 07/10/00 01:46 AM Re: Big Foot
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Goodness, This post is way off of fishing. I have to tell everyone right out that I do not discredit anything, until proven to my satisfaction. I have never seen a Bigfoot, a track, or hair sample. Which there have been several of by the way. Tested inconclusive. By UW even. I suppose most here don't think that ghosts or other life from space are real either. But those are whole new topics. As for Santa, hell I see him almost everyday. If anyone wants to see a pic of him, that I have. Not some grainy, crappy thing either. And nothing is pointless if it spreads knowledge to someone.

------------------
Just because I look big, dumb, and ugly, doesn't mean I am. It means I can stomp you for calling me it!

#92550 - 07/10/00 05:29 AM Re: Big Foot
Fishtick Offline
Smolt

Loc: S.W. WA
Big Jim
Pardon my style of posting. I didn't mean to dis you as much as it appeared. Isn't it amazing what a passionate and frustrating subject like Bigfoot can bring out in people? They get excited by questionable "sightings", footprint hoaxes, and the funniest, noises! Like Dan S who usually has good intelligent posts, he focused on people who said it doesn't exist just because they haven't seen it. He ignored the more important factor of no credible evidence. There has been decades of extensive high tech searching that has turned up nothing but the overwhelming likelyhood that it doesn't exist. Because if it did there would be findable evidence! Period. And those trackers had big fortunes and fame riding on finding something real. They never have and never will.

[This message has been edited by Fishtick (edited 07-10-2000).]

#92551 - 07/10/00 11:42 AM Re: Big Foot
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
I'm sure I'll get some rasing for this ,I beleive ,it was 1978 we were hunting around camp Baker near St.Helens it was almost light and very far away at 500 yards ,what I saw was walking on 2 legs and black as hell I've seen bears this was no bear ,my 2 partners were there ask them they beleive too.Like big Jim says the UW did some test on hair samples they recieved... inconclsive were the results....I was there I don't know what I saw but I know this it was no Bear....nuff said

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

#92552 - 07/10/00 01:44 PM Re: Big Foot
b-bouncer Offline
Parr

Maybe a human in a garilla suit!!!!!!!

#92553 - 07/10/00 02:59 PM Re: Big Foot
Osprey Offline
Spawner

A human in a gorilla suit walking around during hunting season.. ..doubt anyone is that stupid,maybe it was fishslayer

#92554 - 07/10/00 03:27 PM Re: Big Foot
Dino Offline
Smolt

Loc: Walla Walla,WA
Ok, this had nothing to do with fishing, but I toss in a few comments of my own. There is a creature known from the recent fossil record (in China I believe) known as Gigantopithicus. It was a large biped primate that lived in mountainous conditions. Often believed to be the source of the legend of the Yeti (either because it was seen in person or more likely the bones were found and legends made from it). Native american lore of the west has some pretty old tales of the Sasquatch (Bigfoot). Perhaps the legend stemmed from bones found as well. Asian legends of dragons probably originated from the discovery of dinosaur bones, long necked sauropods (brontosaurus for example) surrounded by carnivore teeth. Thus a long necked critter with sharp teeth. Some Chinese markets still refer to ground dinosur bone as "Dragon". It is possible that the large primate survived into the modern era, after all there was a Native American found (alive) in the hills of CA (in either the 30's or 40's) who was the last of a stone age tribe that all of the gold prospectors in the previous century working in CA never saw or reported existing.

Who knows...fun to speculate though smile

#92555 - 07/10/00 04:41 PM Re: Big Foot
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Are some of you guys serious? I said NOT seeing a bigfoot does NOT prove they don't exist. And from that you extrapolate that I said they DO exist? Come on......

You CAN'T prove they don't exist. I or anyone else CAN'T prove they do. What does that mean Timber Man? It means that YOUR OPINION is, they don't exist. My opinion is they COULD exist. Neither opinion is factual. Seems to me you could use a little explanation about the differences between opinion and fact. And 30 or 60 or 90 years in the woods without seeing a 'foot doesn't make your opinion that they don't exist any more factual.

Don't believe in bigfeet? Fine. But don't state your opinion as fact, when it isn't.

Fish on...........

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#92556 - 07/10/00 05:31 PM Re: Big Foot
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
Has anyone seen Santa Claus?

#92557 - 07/10/00 05:32 PM Re: Big Foot
b-bouncer Offline
Parr

DanS-You tell me what you have seen Personally that makes you believe they might exsist?Nothing right? That meens you are going on hearsay....Me, I personally Have NOT witnessed anything that makes me believe they exsist..Nor do I believe what people have said,until I see it myself it does not EXSIST!!!!

#92558 - 07/10/00 06:14 PM Re: Big Foot
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Bouncer does that make me a liar ?????I can't explain what I saw ,but I sure as hell would'nt have posted it just to cause a stir but hey narrow minds are just that... narrow you're intitled to you're opion but it does not make it a fact...just because you haven't seen it .I can't say what I saw but I know I saw something that morning and it was not a bear...I also have picture of me on Santas Lap when I was 2 now the Easter Bunny I've never seen him

#92559 - 07/10/00 06:54 PM Re: Big Foot
Fishtick Offline
Smolt

Loc: S.W. WA
I was hoping that someone would post a sighting experience. Osprey's was perfectly typical, "almost light very far away about 500 yards". In low light at that great distance that could have been a tall African American hunter in dark clothes, if you are truely certain that it was not a black bear. Yet you now believe? Significantly, bears can and do walk on their hind 2 legs for a ways, especially if they smell people in the distance, in attempt to see better. This I have wittnessed more than once out in the wilds. See how these figments grow into perpertuance.

#92560 - 07/10/00 09:04 PM Re: Big Foot
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Holy Smokes....

I knew better than to jump into this can of worms. It's like the "Is there a God?" question, really kind of pointless to argue since neither side can be proven. So, b-bouncer do you see what I'm getting at? You can't prove BF doesn't exist, so why insist that's true? You can insist all you want, it doesn't make you right. We're back to the opinion vs. fact thing. Your opinion is nothing more than that, don't confuse it with fact. And I'll promise not to insist there is no God, since nobody can prove there is.

Now, I'm ready to get back to fishing, anyone else............?

Fish on........

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#92561 - 07/10/00 10:13 PM Re: Big Foot
Jake Dogfish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines
You were right Osprey, It very well could have been fishslayer. He is the only person that is that dumb. lol

#92562 - 07/10/00 11:35 PM Re: Big Foot
Glenn Offline
Egg

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hey, Plunker!
What river was your Bigfoot on? Maybe the 'squatch I saw was bringing you those 40lb. kings. Stranger things have happened...

#92563 - 07/11/00 01:45 AM Re: Big Foot
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Well, I will settle the Santa debate. Here's a pic of him. I hope it goes through. The kid is my "little" brother.
Well, guess it didn't work. That kinda sucks.
OK, here is santa.

[]http://ourworld-top.cs.com/jimboylanjr/myhomepage/sports.html
------------------
Just because I look big, dumb, and ugly, doesn't mean I am. It means I can stomp you for calling me it!

[This message has been edited by Big Jim (edited 07-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Big Jim (edited 07-11-2000).]

#92564 - 07/11/00 03:30 AM Re: Big Foot
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, since this one harmless thread has gotten as far away from fishing as Santa, I guess it couldn't hurt to add 2 more cents worth. While I really do want there to be a genuine Bigfoot species roaming stealthily around us in the bush and am trying to be open minded, let's just say that if I were on the jury that had to decide one way or the other based on all real & circumstantial evidence that I would have to logically side with the non-believers. That was until I dug up one of my wife's old issues of the National Inquirer. It had an article claiming that Madonna has made love to a Bigfoot somewhere in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest. They did not have any pics unfortunately, but one reporter did manage to hide a radiowave sound transmitter on her somehow. The sound was described as being similar to saying Sasquatch over and over again real loudly against a background noise of Olympic weightlifters during the snatch and jerk event. Now I don't know what to believe! - RT

#92565 - 07/11/00 09:56 AM Re: Big Foot
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: spanaway,wash, 98387us
The snatch and jerk event in the Olympics?
Do i hear some symbolizems here?

elmtree (woody)

#92566 - 07/11/00 03:08 PM Re: Big Foot
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
I saw a recent Enquirer article about Jimmy Hoffa, Elvis, and Squatch being holed up in a cave on the Oly Penn waiting for Madonna to return. Rumor has it that Elvis was singing "Love me Tender" to keep them all occupied. I'll put $5 on Madonna. You go girlfriend.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (steely slammer, wolverine, TedR), 1193 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |